Henry Cujudo is Extremly F*cking Good.

He sits back and watches and conserves energy a bit too much for my liking, and I wish he had better BJJ so he could do more work once he gets the fight to the ground. Other than that, he's great and I like the guy.

I can't wait to see him against DJ again, and I think he'll take it. He improves so much from fight to fight, and the leaps he made from the first DJ fight to the Benavidez fight was impressive, and then he had a gigantic leap going from that to the Reis fight. Now that his cardio and stand-up are there, the only thing I'd want to see him do more is damage when he's on top. It's understandable that he didn't do it against DJ, but he didn't show a lot against Lil Pettis either and that guy isn't exactly a BJJ wizard.

As annoying as he is when he refers to himself in 3rd person,

The guy holds a wrestling edge over anyone in the 125-135 divisions.

His nickname shoulf be Henry Cejudo

Henry "Henry Cejudo" Cejudo

Or

Henry "3rd person" Cejudo

Henry "The Henry Cejudo" Cejudo

Henry "I am Henry Cejudo" Cejudo
Henry "Who's That Henry Cejudo?" Cejudo
Henry "Henry Cejudo The First" Cejudo
Henry "My name in a phonebook is Cejudo, Henry" Cejudo
Henry "Ceju do you know named Henry Cejudo that's not me?" Cejudo

Henry "Judo" Cejudo, see my other thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/henrys-new-nickname.3807805/

As much as I hate to say it, Henry supports the sherdogger "A level athlete" hypothesis

He was a gold medalist in freestyle wrestling and he is insanely quick and sharp as a MMA wrestler. His boxing is good, especially considering that he had been competing in MMA for only five years, and probably started striking within 1 or 2 years before his pro debut.

I honestly like his approach to fighting: He built a camp around himself in recent years, focused mainly on the striking (or so as it appears) to fix that glaring weakness, and now he is the champ of the world and he beat the most technically sound champion in UFC history.

It appears that he could still work on his kicks, and can possibly add a nasty submission game to his arsenal.

#HenryBless

WAR Henry

Henry "Who's That Henry Cejudo?" Cejudo
Henry "Henry Cejudo The First" Cejudo
Henry "My name in a phonebook is Cejudo, Henry" Cejudo
Henry "Ceju do you know named Henry Cejudo that's not me?" Cejudo

Henry "give me an H, give me an E, give me an N, give me an R, give me a Y, give me a C, give me an E, give me a J, give me a U, give me a D, give me an O, HENRY CEJUDO!" Cejudo
Henry "The name is Cejudo, Henry Cejudo" Cejudo
Henry "I poop gold medals with Henry Cejudo's face on them" Cejudo

Henry "give me an H, give me an E, give me an N, give me an R, give me a Y, give me a C, give me an E, give me a J, give me a U, give me a D, give me an O, HENRY CEJUDO!" Cejudo
Henry "The name is Cejudo, Henry Cejudo" Cejudo
Henry "I poop gold medals with Henry Cejudo's face on them" Cejudo

Henry "I'm Henry Cejudo, I am
Henry Cejudo, I am, I am
I got married to the widow next door
She's been married seven times before

And every one was an Henry (Henry)
She wouldn't have a Willy or a Sam (No Sam)
I'm her Cejudo old man, I'm Henry
Henry Cejudo I am

Second verse, same as the first

I'm Henry Cejudo, I am
Henry Cejudo, I am, I am

Henry Cejudo I am

I'm Henry Cejudo, I am
Henry Cejudo, I am, I am

Henry Cejudo I am

H-E-N-R-Y
Henry (Henry)
Henry (Henry)
Henry the Cejudo I am, I am
Henry the Cejudo I am
Yeah!" Cejudo

Ofcourse he is,he just beat one of the best guys ever and became a UFC champion...No need to discuss about that

While he is good I think DJ being so dominant stagnated the division and really turned a lot of people off watching the flyweights. I'm also another one who thinks Henry didn't win either.

Some had to say it.

I don't know about those of us (I don't mean to come off like a douche) who've been around that last 25 years watching this sport evolve, and have an extremely large toolbox of knowledge about the history of this sport, but I have a confession to make.

I feel like a fucking asshole for not making it quite well known in the MMA community that Henry Cejudo is an extremely rare talent to grace this sport.

I very much invite every fan of MMA go watch this SOB compete. His overall MMA skills came along so incredibly fast and he gets virtually no credit for it. The scary thing is that his intangibles are ridiculous.

His wrestling is totally off the hook and has adapted to MMA very nicely. I've never seen anyone hit a single leg like this guy has. He has so many tricks from outside, and the clinch with total precision that it makes it a total pleasure to watch. He's actually one of the rare 125ers who have excellent top control. His striking developed incredibly quick. His cardio is excellent, and his strength is completely unmatched at 125 and possibly even 135. His chin from all examples looks great. He seems to have and incredible pedigree for this sport.

IMO, DJ is arguably the most talented fighter to ever compete in MMA. Beating him at this point is a very big fucking deal.

So I just want to go on record making it clear that Cejudo is one of the greatest fighters we've ever seen in this sport and needs to be celebrated.
Was saturday night your first Cejudo fight? Anyone who has watched him compete could of told you this awhile ago. imo quite a few people thought he was gonna win the rematch.

Other than scoring few TDs he did nothing special in that fight. He exchanged points on the feet with MM. They both landed here and there but nothing big. It was a pretty boring fight where few TDs decided and he didn't took MM's back or tried even one sub. Pretty meh.

Of course in FLW he is the top on the chain but in general pretty meh fighter. There are many guys who are much better and more well-rounded in other divisions (Lightweight and Featherweight)

Some had to say it.

I don't know about those of us (I don't mean to come off like a douche) who've been around that last 25 years watching this sport evolve, and have an extremely large toolbox of knowledge about the history of this sport, but I have a confession to make.

I feel like a fucking asshole for not making it quite well known in the MMA community that Henry Cejudo is an extremely rare talent to grace this sport.

I very much invite every fan of MMA go watch this SOB compete. His overall MMA skills came along so incredibly fast and he gets virtually no credit for it. The scary thing is that his intangibles are ridiculous.

His wrestling is totally off the hook and has adapted to MMA very nicely. I've never seen anyone hit a single leg like this guy has. He has so many tricks from outside, and the clinch with total precision that it makes it a total pleasure to watch. He's actually one of the rare 125ers who have excellent top control. His striking developed incredibly quick. His cardio is excellent, and his strength is completely unmatched at 125 and possibly even 135. His chin from all examples looks great. He seems to have and incredible pedigree for this sport.

IMO, DJ is arguably the most talented fighter to ever compete in MMA. Beating him at this point is a very big fucking deal.

So I just want to go on record making it clear that Cejudo is one of the greatest fighters we've ever seen in this sport and needs to be celebrated.

Don't worry too much

No one cares about the manlet division anyway

Back