Henry Cujudo is Extremly F*cking Good.

Kneeuinthenutz

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Some had to say it.

I don't know about those of us (I don't mean to come off like a douche) who've been around that last 25 years watching this sport evolve, and have an extremely large toolbox of knowledge about the history of this sport, but I have a confession to make.

I feel like a fucking asshole for not making it quite well known in the MMA community that Henry Cejudo is an extremely rare talent to grace this sport.

I very much invite every fan of MMA go watch this SOB compete. His overall MMA skills came along so incredibly fast and he gets virtually no credit for it. The scary thing is that his intangibles are ridiculous.

His wrestling is totally off the hook and has adapted to MMA very nicely. I've never seen anyone hit a single leg like this guy has. He has so many tricks from outside, and the clinch with total precision that it makes it a total pleasure to watch. He's actually one of the rare 125ers who have excellent top control. His striking developed incredibly quick. His cardio is excellent, and his strength is completely unmatched at 125 and possibly even 135. His chin from all examples looks great. He seems to have and incredible pedigree for this sport.

IMO, DJ is arguably the most talented fighter to ever compete in MMA. Beating him at this point is a very big fucking deal.

So I just want to go on record making it clear that Cejudo is one of the greatest fighters we've ever seen in this sport and needs to be celebrated.

He is mini GSP.
DJ beats him in the rubber match though..

yeah but dj got the better of the standup and should of got the nod

As annoying as he is when he refers to himself in 3rd person,

The guy holds a wrestling edge over anyone in the 125-135 divisions.

As annoying as he is when he refers to himself in 3rd person,

LMAO. I also noticed this.

I guess you could say he´s a little bit insecure

MfUoA5F.gif

LMAO. I also noticed this.

I guess you could say he´s a little bit insecure

MfUoA5F.gif
You would be too if you weren't tall enough to go on Splash Mountain, I love that ride

Not to mention he fought most of the fight in the opposite stance he is comfortable with because of the ankle mishap.

Correct. He's a fucking beast.

IMO, he should be at 135. He's looked even better up there.

For the record, I think MM was robbed. It was a close fight, which MM won... but that doesn't change the fact that Cejudo is a total boss.

MM won that fight, imo. However, Cejudo has improved significantly in a short period of time.

Correct. He's a fucking beast.

IMO, he should be at 135. He's looked even better up there.

For the record, I think MM was robbed. It was a close fight, which MM won... but that doesn't change the fact that Cejudo is a total boss.

I have absolutely no objections to anyone who feels DJ won. The fight was very arguably a draw.

Vastly underrated fighter.

He went from getting annihilated in round 1 to winning the belt from DJ in 2 years.

Most improved fighter in 2 years i have ever seen.

Phenomenal athlete.

just not better than TJ, or even cody or dom. 135 is just better than 125

Could someone please start a new thread per below.
- I can't bc I'm carded from my own idiocy which I regret.
- Subject Is: Conor's financial incentive vs Khabib?
- First Post Is: Conor is sitting on at least $50 million after-tax. Never has to fight again. Why risk his legacy?

You're not carded. You have to get beyond white-belt now to make threads.

I will start it up for you, and you can carry on.

Could someone please start a new thread per below.
- I can't bc I'm carded from my own idiocy which I regret.
- Subject Is: Conor's financial incentive vs Khabib?
- First Post Is: Conor is sitting on at least $50 million after-tax. Never has to fight again. Why risk his legacy?
No.

So I just want to go on record making it clear that Cejudo is one of the greatest fighters we've ever seen in this sport and needs to be celebrated.

You are right, Henry is a damn beast. The one thing that annoys me, and I know it is irrational, is his hair. I hate it. And when he fights I can't stop looking at it. I guess he got it like that to look taller, but damn Henry, it's not worth it.

Listened to his post fight interview and found him to be a humble and nice guy. I never really knew much about him before this fight but respect to him for pulling off the upset.

He is great. I've watched him since he was fighting on FP, though he rarely showed "greatness", I knew he had a lot of potential with his gold medal.

And he improved a ton. It was a close fight that could've gone either way

the entire flyweight division is underrated, it's unfortunate that cejudo is a part of the irrational hate it gets considering what a great talent he is.

Got dominated in the first fight, won a split decision in the 2nd. Let's wait a bit before we rave about how talented he is.

Back