Help me out here Khabib "fans"

He's an incredibly diverse grappler with an interesting mixture of base disciplines. He completely outclasses nearly everyone he fights. He has vicious GnP, a huge arsenal of TDs, keeps an impressive pace, and is just a legitimately great fighter. Plus he's funny.

What's not fun about watching a big ol' Russian mofo chucking people across the cage and smashing their faces into paste?

TL;DR Cliffs - you are a pathetic bandwagon Khabib fan only because you are a Conor hater.

What make you a Khabib fan? Genuinely curious. In sports most people cheer for someone who is like them in some way, who is from their area, or jumps on the winning bandwagon for a really good team / person.
Let's break these down...
Someone who is "like" me - this could be same country (rabid brazil fans), same city (liverpool fans - you'll never walk alone) same background (grew up poor, overcame odds), same race (sad, but true. See racist Eurotrash soccer fans). I don't see many sherdoggers who can identify with Khabib in this fashion. He is muslim, anti-women, a RUSSIAN (aka the bad guys!!) national, speaks broken english, isn't especially witty or funny, doesn't drink, smoke, do drugs, listen to rap, etc. Besides being a manlet at 5'10" you probably have nothing in common with him.
2. Bandwagon. People like to associate with winning teams as it makes them feel good to be on the winning side. Regardless if you stuck with that team or individual through thick and thin, if some team is winning you will see losers buy their hat, t-shirt, post about how much they wish to have the athletes balls on their chin, etc. I assume this is most butthole greaser Khabib fans. Khabib is UNDEFEATED and easy to nut swing for what you perceive to be the easy take down and lay and pray win.

So... Why are YOU a Khabib fan?
Help me in understanding why the feck it is necessary to make another god damn thread. DO YOU NOT SEE THE OTHER 1000 THREADS THAT HAVE BEEN MADE THIS WEEK.
<Deported1><Deported1>

Or shit like invading the Ukraine, but hey let's keep that talk to the War Room.
No they didn't. Crimea was already russian three or four centuries ago. A big majority of Crimea are russian not ukrainian and they choose to be part of the Russian Federation. And if russians are the bad guys so what can we say about USA(Vietnam,Iraq,etc),France(Libya), UK(Iraq,Libya),etc.

I'm just curious how many fans Khabib will have if he loses. Will he be an overrated bum that was never any good, had never beat a top 5 lw, and won his "belt" by default against the number 11(?) lw on like 12 hours notice? Or will they just acknowledge how damn good Conor is?

I think a lot of Khabib's "fans" are actually just Conor haters. I'm not a huge fan of either, but they can both fight and they both deserve credit for what they've accomplished. It seems like Khabib never gets called on anything and Conor has the biggest hateclub I think I've ever seen. It's kind of sad.

No they didn't. Crimea was already russian three or four centuries ago. A big majority of Crimea are russian not ukrainian and they choose to be part of the Russian Federation.

Or maybe the shooting down of a commercial airliner? Not good enough for you, commie?

I am fan of any of Conor's opponents, because I do not like him. That what you wanted to hear TS?

TL;DR Cliffs - you are a pathetic bandwagon Khabib fan only because you are a Conor hater.

What make you a Khabib fan? Genuinely curious. In sports most people cheer for someone who is like them in some way, who is from their area, or jumps on the winning bandwagon for a really good team / person.
Let's break these down...
Someone who is "like" me - this could be same country (rabid brazil fans), same city (liverpool fans - you'll never walk alone) same background (grew up poor, overcame odds), same race (sad, but true. See racist Eurotrash soccer fans). I don't see many sherdoggers who can identify with Khabib in this fashion. He is muslim, anti-women, a RUSSIAN (aka the bad guys!!) national, speaks broken english, isn't especially witty or funny, doesn't drink, smoke, do drugs, listen to rap, etc. Besides being a manlet at 5'10" you probably have nothing in common with him.
2. Bandwagon. People like to associate with winning teams as it makes them feel good to be on the winning side. Regardless if you stuck with that team or individual through thick and thin, if some team is winning you will see losers buy their hat, t-shirt, post about how much they wish to have the athletes balls on their chin, etc. I assume this is most butthole greaser Khabib fans. Khabib is UNDEFEATED and easy to nut swing for what you perceive to be the easy take down and lay and pray win.

So... Why are YOU a Khabib fan?
Shit post.

He's an extremely good fighter. It's pretty spectacularly rare to still be undefeated 26 fights into an MMA career (with 10 of those fights in the UFC), and I enjoy watching greatness.

With that said, I like watching Conor fight too. I don't think being fans of either of these guys should be mutually exclusive, they're both phenomenal fighters and this is a fascinating matchup.

He's an aggressive grappler who smashes people, was a fan of his when he destroyed Trujillo, which was a month after Conor made his UFC debut

To imply anyone who likes Khabib is just a Conor hater is ridiculous, I expect better from a 2008 account

Back