Height lottery

I'm 6'1.

Dad's probably 5'9ish. Mum about 5'7 I guess.

Can't complain.

Whats interesting about this is a know several Mexicans who are taller than their parents.

A friend of mine he played football with me but he grew to 5 foot 10 and his Father was an immigrant from Mexico who also worked the fields and he was only 5 foot 4.

You will also see this a lot with Asians, a lot of the American born Asians 2nd and third generations are tall and bigger boned than their parents.

My Korean friend his grandparents are tiny both like 5 foot 3 and foot foot 2, his dad is 5 foot 6 and he is 6 foot 1 with a bigger bone structure.

I think it comes down to nutrition also sleep, sleep is the most imporatnat growth factor that is when our body grows.

I still believe sleep is the key, if anyone has kids here make sure they get at least 8 hours deep sleep in a dark room, that boosts the growth cycle.

Thats what I did, and I think that helped me grow taller I would drink a tall glass of whole milk mixed with several spoons of Ovaltine right before bed.

When I was 14 I did this every other day I would dead hang from the pull up bar outside for 10 minutes to stretch my body loosen it up, before bed.

Every night I would Make a tall glass of cold whole milk with Ovaltine, drink that, for some reason after drinking that Id get sleepy. I would take a piss before bed of course since I drink a lot of fluid and then fall asleep an hour later usually before 9:00 pm.

I never missed a beat
Yeah, in brazil where im from that happened too the younguer generation is way taller then their parents on general my height is very average from someone of my age ( at least on my region of the country )

Im a measly 5"7. My dad was 5"10. I used to have this weird problem as a kid, that if I ate too much of something my body would start to reject it, especially meat. It would come randomly and didn't make sense to me. For example I could eat half a sausage and then I wouldnt be able to eat more, I would feel sick if I tried to eat more and would have trouble swallowing it. Its like my body said no more, but I could switch to eating something else no problem. The problem was my parents wouldn't let me eat anything else because I couldn't finish what they gave me, so I would go hungry a lot. I was always the smallest person my age and even today im only 135lbs.

I'm 5'8",180 with a muscular physique. All my male cousins are well over 6 feet but skinny AF. I'd rather be short and stocky than tall and skinny. @Clementine @HI SCOTT NEWMAN
You're lovely and special the way you are. Wouldn't change you for the world

5b0584d35e48ec21008b458b

My father is 6 foot. I'm 6'2 my younger brother (Same Dad) is 5'10. He gets mad when I call him a manlet and asks my mom why god hates him lmao. I tell him it's because I was a first born loved child breastfed from a loving mother and he got a mother who didn't care as much and gave him some cheap Soy Formula powder milk from Mexico. He gets real pissed lol.

Did he take Accutane as a teen?

Mom's 5'1, dad is 6'3, I'm 6'4. Fun fact about being tall is that God takes your hair away because he's hilarious.

Got a physical, Doctor rounded me up to 6'5" I've always rounded down to 6'4"
Old man was 6'1
My mother is 5'4 and my sister is 5'3

Was recently shown a school football/soccer team photo from when I was 12, by some distance, I was the shortest guy in the back row and one of the smallest in the whole team..... Late bloomer checking in, had a growth spurt between 15 and 16 that took me to 6' ,grew another 4 and a half inches over the next 4 or 5 years

My dad was 6'2 before he started shrinking in old age. Mom 5'7 but most of the men on her side of the family are >6'. Got one first cousin who's 6'7.

First thing in the morning I am probably 6'4. So basically the lotto equivalent of a free ticket.

Every male in my family is 5'11-6'1. I'm 5'11 and my bro is 6'. Being around 6'2 would be sweet but it could be worse.

5'6 asian manlet checking in. Dad is about 5'5 and Mom is barely 5'1. Brother is 5'7, Sister is 5'3. My dad's brother side are all on the other end of the spectrum though. My cousin is 6'2 and my nephew is 6'3. Pretty tall for asians.

As I've said before I'm 5'6" mom is 5'10" dad was 6'0" (r.i.p.) but I was born premature at 1 lb 10 oz. And have very mild C.P. my oldest half sister (different dad) is 5'11" oldest full blooded sister is 5'5" and my youngest full blooded sister is 5'8" I still got screwed lol

My dad is 5’5” and my mom is 5’3”. I scored the height jackpot and am 5’9”.

Second height thread today. The quota is fulfilled.

You all spend so much time worrying about your height, how “alpha” this guy or that guy is, and other men’s faces, it’s just ridiculous that you even try to pass yourselves off as straight.

Dad was 5' 8", mum 5' 1"[i think?] I'm 3' 2" so i did pretty well. I have 3 older brothers one is 6' 0" and the other two are a little shorter than me.[except on Tuesdays.]
At least you are proud of being a dwarf, more power to you brother.

Im a measly 5"7. My dad was 5"10. I used to have this weird problem as a kid, that if I ate too much of something my body would start to reject it, especially meat. It would come randomly and didn't make sense to me. For example I could eat half a sausage and then I wouldnt be able to eat more, I would feel sick if I tried to eat more and would have trouble swallowing it. Its like my body said no more, but I could switch to eating something else no problem. The problem was my parents wouldn't let me eat anything else because I couldn't finish what they gave me, so I would go hungry a lot. I was always the smallest person my age and even today im only 135lbs.
Why didnt your parents take you to a doctor bro? thats cold they forced you to eat stuff you couldn't digest, you think that is what made you shorter than your father the lack of nutrients?

Mom's 5'1, dad is 6'3, I'm 6'4. Fun fact about being tall is that God takes your hair away because he's hilarious.
lol this is a funny comment because I have thinning hair and im the tallest male in my family 6 foot 2 and half, my short brothers both around 5 foot 8ish both got thick head of hairs and are older than me.

Got a physical, Doctor rounded me up to 6'5" I've always rounded down to 6'4"
Old man was 6'1
My mother is 5'4 and my sister is 5'3

Was recently shown a school football/soccer team photo from when I was 12, by some distance, I was the shortest guy in the back row and one of the smallest in the whole team..... Late bloomer checking in, had a growth spurt between 15 and 16 that took me to 6' ,grew another 4 and a half inches over the next 4 or 5 years

Late bloomer here as well, I was tiny at 14, around 5 foot 1 and I had like two or three growth spurts and grew to 6 foot 2.

you know whats weird I dated this one girl in college who had no brothers it was just 4 sisters, they were all athletes their father was 6 foot 3, their mom was 5 foot 4, yet all of them only ended up 5 foot 4 to 5 foot 5 an inch above the average female height.
Not one of them received their fathers height, so you would think at least one would be 5 foot 8 or taller.

My mom was 5'6", my dad was 5'8" and all of my siblings are under 6'. Somehow I ended up 6'5"(not a joke) and I have to say it sucks. There is such a thing as too tall and I'd rather be 4 or 5 inches shorter.

How well did you guys get on the height genetic lottery? I got pretty luck, father is 5'5 and mom is 5'2 i grew up to 5'11, still barely a men's height but better than nothing
Well my dad is about 6’0, my mom 5’6ish and I’m 5’0.

Back