Height lottery

Dad is 5'8
Mom was 5'2
Wife is 5'3
Im 5'6 or 7 pending the nights sleep. Not a tall dude but i dont need a step stool in the kitchen

brother you are making me cry, Im picture a little kid who was small and alone for some reason.

I think you might have had that issue that QB Jared Goff had, he couldn't digest steak for the longest so they had to take liquid meals in. Its some kinda genetic disorder, you just have to find other foods you can eat that you can digest or blend them into a soup puree and get them in like that.

Jared Goff Diet: How His Enzyme Deficiency Was Discovered
According to Fox Sports, Ryan Flaherty, a strength and speed coach, studied Jared Goff’s blood work and discovered that Goff “has an enzyme deficiency that didn’t allow him to break down proteins.” At the time, Goff stood 6 foot 4 inches tall but weighed only 205 pounds. His weight has now grown to 222 pounds. (As a point of comparison, Aaron Rodgers weighs about 218 pounds after cutting dairy out of his diet.

Full article
https://heavy.com/sports/2019/02/jared-goff-diet-enzyme-deficiency/

Do you have kids?
Interesting. Also Goff is dating one of the most attractive women on the planet in my opinion.

I'm small in stature but don't have the typical short legs of a manlet. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

efec8743d674a7003d2b8f86f0108f34.gif

We used to call you lil legs back in the day
nPjaoH7.gif

My pops is 6'5 with 4 younger brothers ranging from 6'3 to 6'11. I am shorter than all of them.

5”6” so it all worked out in the end.

all these ppl claiming 6'ft are most likely frauding. A lot of people love inflating their heights by 2-3+ inches. I had guys claim to be 6ft-6'2 and they're exactly my height (177cm or 5'10).

I'm 180cm and actually wouldn't mind being shorter

184 cm.. just like my father and his father before him..

Mother 160cm..

6' in american..

Doesn't matter though as i'm in a country where the native average is 6'.. unless you're 6'4 with some mass you aren't anything special..

im 185cm, which is like 6 foot.

same height as my dad. brother is the same height also.

I'm exactly the same height as my dad. 6'. Mom is 5'8. So I am fine with that.

My step son won the lottery for sure. On my wife side, he has already tied the tallest in the family at 13 and 5'10. Most of the males on his mothers side are 5'4-5'8. His dad is 6'1 though so he gets it from there clearly. Still, he will likely pass him up at the rate he is going.

My daughter is undetermined at this point, still a little one. My sisters are 5'7 and 5'9 and mother is 5'8. My wife's side women range from 5' to 5'6. Wife is 5'3. We both hope she takes more from my side and ends up 5'6-5'8.

How well did you guys get on the height genetic lottery? I got pretty luck, father is 5'5 and mom is 5'2 i grew up to 5'11, still barely a men's height but better than nothing

I'm sitting at 6'4 and 260lbs. I hit the genetic lottery. My biggest problem is that I need to wear XXL shirts for the length, but I've got the waist of a L (36") so I've got to tailor all my clothes. When I want to wear anything nice I get it tailored.

Let's just say I scared a tall guy today because he didn't see me opening the work fridge and that's not a joke

im 5'11

mom is like 5'6 and dad is 5'8.

Dad 5'7
Mum 5'1

I'm 5'7

So just like real lottery, I didn't win either. Chinese here btw, so not the shortest around. I'll say I'm at the 5th to 6th among 10 men, or in Sherdog terms; manlets.

It is a bit of a lottery. Height of offspring is certainly influenced by genetics (i.e. heritability - what you inherit from your parents) as well as nutrition. But there are massive X-factors which can influence this. From my previous readings, your childs height will be determined around 70-80% by genetics, but then there is that large 20-30% X-factor which can send you in either direction.

The most basic way of assessing an offsprings height is to compare your parents heights and how they deviate from the mean of your ethnic group. What I mean by this - say you're a white Caucasian american. Assume the average height of your ethnic group is 170cm for a male, 160cm for a female. Your likely height is indicated by the average difference of your parents from this mean. A couple examples-

Assume your dad is 180cm and your mum is 165cm. So both taller than average for the ethnic group. Remember height heritability is only 70-80% genetic. Your dad is 10cm above the mean, your mum is 5cm above the mean. Average this difference at 7.5cm, then apply a 70% factor. So 0.7 * 7.5cm = 5.25cm. So as an average, offspring of this couple can expect to be ~5.25cm above the mean. Their son would therefore be 170+5.25 = 175.25cm. Their daughter would on average be 160+5.25 = 165.25cm.

So you can see from the averaging methodits not about having genetic stock with good heights, it is about having genetic stock with an average well above the mean.

ofc there is that mystery X-factor which means you can have two manlets pump out a King Amongst Men, but that shit is rare.

For me, i am 6'1", my wife is 5'11". My daughter is oonly 18mo old but she is off the chart for height already to the point we have to take her to the doctor for monitoring. So whilst we'd expect her to be tall as im above average and my wife is way above average, she is the next level again.

You use Caucasian as an example but went on with Asian Math, no wonder you only got one like for the quality post. No one can understand you here. Example the few Asians around.

Mom is 5’0”, dad is 4’8”, and I’m 6’10”

Is there a typo in this post? Your dad is 4'8?

Dad is 5'8"
Mom is 5'2"

I'm 6'3"

Mailman was 6'5" which explains things.

Yet another height thread, huh? LOL.
Oh, well, why not?
My mom was 5'3"
My father 5'11"
I'm 5'8"
Which I have no issues with. I took after my maternal grandfather who was only 5'6" but he was a champion weight lifter & wrestler. While I turned out to be a champion amateur & a professional boxer. I'd sacrifice height for athleticism any day.

I'm sitting at 6'4 and 260lbs. I hit the genetic lottery. My biggest problem is that I need to wear XXL shirts for the length, but I've got the waist of a L (36") so I've got to tailor all my clothes. When I want to wear anything nice I get it tailored.

Damn super hero problems. lol

Dad: 5 10
Mom: 4 10
Older bro: 5 10
Me: 5 7, total manlet scum

Back