Height lottery

6’8”

but not winning the lottery since it’s too tall and inconvenient at times. But I’m perfectly fine with it now. But even a couple inches shorter would be perfect. I’d love to be 6’5”

I'm 6'4" and it's awesome.

Dad is about 6'1". My mom ise 5'6". One brother is about 6'2". Got a half brother that's 5'10". I think I'm the tallest person in my entire family, cousins and uncles included.

It's hard to convey to short people how much they're missing.

My dad and 2 brothers range from 5 6 to 5 8 my sister is 5 8 mom 5 2 I'm 6ft and the baby of the family

Alpha of the family checking in

Dad 6'0
Mum 5'10
Bro 5'10 (lol)
Me 6'2

I'm the second tallest of my immediate family at 6'0. My father is 6'3, my mother is 5'7, my older brother is 5'10, my older sister is 5'7. The tallest person in my family is my cousin Dennis on my dad's side who is 6'11

I’m 6’1. My dads 5’7 and my mom is 5’0. My mom probably just lost the lottery though, her dad was 6’0. Actually come to think of it both my grandparents were

I'm 6 inches taller than my dad and almost 10 inches taller than my mom so I am pretty lucky.

The running joke throughout my childhood was family friends and relatives asking what my parents are feeding me, and they joke by saying I'm adopted.
your "dad"

I have no one tall in my family, my grandpa was 5'3 lol but to be fair they were poor farmers so i dont think they had the best nutrition
Whats interesting about this is a know several Mexicans who are taller than their parents.

A friend of mine he played football with me but he grew to 5 foot 10 and his Father was an immigrant from Mexico who also worked the fields and he was only 5 foot 4.

You will also see this a lot with Asians, a lot of the American born Asians 2nd and third generations are tall and bigger boned than their parents.

My Korean friend his grandparents are tiny both like 5 foot 3 and foot foot 2, his dad is 5 foot 6 and he is 6 foot 1 with a bigger bone structure.

I think it comes down to nutrition also sleep, sleep is the most imporatnat growth factor that is when our body grows.

I still believe sleep is the key, if anyone has kids here make sure they get at least 8 hours deep sleep in a dark room, that boosts the growth cycle.

Thats what I did, and I think that helped me grow taller I would drink a tall glass of whole milk mixed with several spoons of Ovaltine right before bed.

When I was 14 I did this every other day I would dead hang from the pull up bar outside for 10 minutes to stretch my body loosen it up, before bed.

Every night I would Make a tall glass of cold whole milk with Ovaltine, drink that, for some reason after drinking that Id get sleepy. I would take a piss before bed of course since I drink a lot of fluid and then fall asleep an hour later usually before 9:00 pm.

I never missed a beat

My Mom is 5' my Dad is 6'1'' I'm 5'10'' I'll take it.

It is a bit of a lottery. Height of offspring is certainly influenced by genetics (i.e. heritability - what you inherit from your parents) as well as nutrition. But there are massive X-factors which can influence this. From my previous readings, your childs height will be determined around 70-80% by genetics, but then there is that large 20-30% X-factor which can send you in either direction.

The most basic way of assessing an offsprings height is to compare your parents heights and how they deviate from the mean of your ethnic group. What I mean by this - say you're a white Caucasian american. Assume the average height of your ethnic group is 170cm for a male, 160cm for a female. Your likely height is indicated by the average difference of your parents from this mean. A couple examples-

Assume your dad is 180cm and your mum is 165cm. So both taller than average for the ethnic group. Remember height heritability is only 70-80% genetic. Your dad is 10cm above the mean, your mum is 5cm above the mean. Average this difference at 7.5cm, then apply a 70% factor. So 0.7 * 7.5cm = 5.25cm. So as an average, offspring of this couple can expect to be ~5.25cm above the mean. Their son would therefore be 170+5.25 = 175.25cm. Their daughter would on average be 160+5.25 = 165.25cm.

So you can see from the averaging methodits not about having genetic stock with good heights, it is about having genetic stock with an average well above the mean.

ofc there is that mystery X-factor which means you can have two manlets pump out a King Amongst Men, but that shit is rare.

For me, i am 6'1", my wife is 5'11". My daughter is oonly 18mo old but she is off the chart for height already to the point we have to take her to the doctor for monitoring. So whilst we'd expect her to be tall as im above average and my wife is way above average, she is the next level again.

Dad 5 9
Mom's 5 1
Older Brother is 5 10
Meh 5 8.5;
Shorter in the US, I'm above average in the PH.
Was quite a bit shorter than my friends in high school in the midwest.
Would've liked to be taller, but actually low center of gravity helped out quite a bit in football, (played D2 college ball for a year on partial scholarship) and boxing as well.

Being 6 foot or so would been nice, but don't feel hindered at all in appearance or gal wise.
I wear 5 8 well.

Last edited:
Dad is 6'2 and I'm 5'10....

Dad 5 9
Mom's 5 1
Older Brother is 5 10
Meh 5 8.5;
Shorter in the US, I'm above average in the PH.
Was quite a bit shorter than my friends in high school in the midwest.
Would've liked to be taller, but actually low center of gravity helped out quite a bit in football, (played D2 college ball for a year on partial scholarship) and boxing as well.

Being 6 foot or so would been nice, but don't feel hindered at all in appearance or gal wise.
I wear 5 8 well.
You are average height in the US. Most guys in the USA are like 5 foot 7 to 5 foot 10.

You will only look short if you are standing next to guys well over 6 foot. but in general you are average at 5 foot 8 or 7.

Now if you are Henry Cejudo height you will look tiny.

Tyson was 5 foot 10 and half and was knocking out giants.

You are average height in the US. Most guys in the USA are like 5 foot 7 to 5 foot 10.

You will only look short if you are standing next to guys well over 6 foot. but in general you are average at 5 foot 8 or 7.

Now if you are Henry Cejudo height you will look tiny.

Tyson was 5 foot 10 and half and was knocking out giants.

It's not being a manlet that hurts that dude
Due to his personality, he loses some height and hespect.
Instead of due accolades he should get, Olympian, UFC champ champ;
I can't help but see a bit of angry oompa loompa champ.

It's not being a manlet that hurts that dude
Due to his personality, he loses some height and hespect.
Instead of due accolades he should get, Olympian, UFC champ champ;
I can't help but see a bit of angry oompa loompa champ.
Cejudo is a giant dwarf, look at his proportions he has a massive head like a dwarf he just happens to be 5 foot 3 instead of 4 foot 4.

My dad was 5'9" in his prime, about average for his generation. Mom was 5'7", about 3 inches above average. My brother is 6'0". I was always about an inch taller than him. Now I'm about half an inch shorter, which sucks. I really hope I don't shrink anymore. But I guess I should be grateful I'm still taller than average.

Back