Hector Lombard: "Yushin Okami has no chin."

Okami will have a hard time to take Lombard down. Lombard Judo skills, strength, height and low center of gravity will make it impossible. Just think of the women division where the opponents try to take down Ronda R, similar scenario will be in this fight.

I think so too. Okami's been described as the strongest MW by a few people. Hector's strong too, but he's at a leverage disadvantage with being about 5 inches shorter.

Heh levers don't work like that, long arms and legs are actually pretty bad for lifting weights or tossing people around since the muscle is attached near the fulcrum.
A good lever would be a force being applied very far from the fulcrum and being multiplied by the distance from it and lifting something near it
also higher center of mass is generally bad for wrestling
That's why MOST wrestlers(except jbj) are short stocky guys(for their weight, even Lesnar is somewhat short for almost 300lbs) not lanky guys
Being taller is good because you're normally heavier(jds vs mighty mouse), and long arms are great for punching people in the face before they punch you back, it's also good for guillotines but sucks for getting armbarred

So why the fuck where you calling him out? Tryin to pad that record up eh?

Hope Okami wall n stalls the shit out of this boi...

Yeah it's been confirmed

So you'd prefer a three round snooze fest to a sick KO because you don't care for one fighter's personality?

That's sus, bro.

There's a vid where Chael and Okami are looking who's gonna push tires faster and Okami couldn't even compete.
Also, Nate is known for his not exactly stellar TDD which he seems to have finally fixed lately.

Are you really arguing against Okami being one of the strongest guys in the division?

I just can't wait for the fight. Its funny how verbose Lomabrd is now that he got a UFC win.

He took like 20 uppercuts to the jaw and that fight gave him the reputation of having no chin.

It's more his last two fights that have shown he doesn't have a chin anymore, he gets stunned literally every single time he eats a shot now. He's started to react poorly to them as well, he doesn't just take a punch and keep fighting. Every time he gets hit, he immediately pauses, stands in place and is hesitant for several seconds afterwards.

He's gotten away with it because Roberts and Belcher weren't putting combinations together all that well, when they hit him it was just one shot at a time and then they'd back off or end up trapped in the clinch unable to capitalize. I really want Okami to win this one but at some point Lombard's going to hit him hard and not let him off the hook.

Are you really arguing against Okami being one of the strongest guys in the division?

One of, maybe, but not the strongest and not exceptionally strong. Everyone's going bananas about Okami's strength because his BFF Sonnen said "Yeah man, Okami's sooo strong."

I'd love to see Okami do 12 muscle-ups without breaking a sweat.

And fuck, now I find myself trashing Okami even though he's a super nice guy and a good fighter and I have nothing against him. I'm leaving this thread.

Looks more like he dropped down real quick to avoid eating another one. To me, at least.

He definitely felt it, but I agree. You can see him digging for an underhook on Belcher's right arm, probably to dig for a head and arm choke.

You could argue that the shot rattled him enough to prevent him from really driving for it.

lol no

If Lombard is anything under -300 in this fight it's free money. Okami is probably the easiest style match up for Hector in the top 10

Easily one of the best chins at MW and I think Palhares was the easier matchup.

One of, maybe, but not the strongest and not exceptionally strong. Everyone's going bananas about Okami's strength because his BFF Sonnen said "Yeah man, Okami's sooo strong."

It all started during the Swick fight, he was telling his corner inbetween rounds how strong Okami was. The way he said it, he was obviously discouraged and mentally broken by Okami's strength.

Okami by UD. He gets KTFO 3x and all of a sudden he has no chin... yeah right

I've never been a fan of big mouth bully types, why does Lombard always seem to be talking shit about somebody?

1. To sell fights.

2. To make himself relevant.

I like Hector, and he's a beast, but damn does that dude talk a lot of shit. Making a serious push for Bisping's spot as the biggest shit talker in the MW division.

There is still a difference - Lombard simply talks shit, but Bisping is just being plain rude and insulting to others.

Okami isn't ranked in the top 5 anymore. Well at least not by Sherdog.

Have any names as to who said that? Just curious because other than Rogan saying he was strong in general I haven't heard that he is the strongest overall.

Wow, really? I would have both Lombard and Okami in my top 5 at MW.

And fuck, now I find myself trashing Okami even though he's a super nice guy and a good fighter and I have nothing against him. I'm leaving this thread.

He's very strong. Sonnen couldn't control him on the ground, he got straight back up each time. Chael won that fight by outstriking him.

Back