Hector Lombard looking shredded for 170 debut...

He should have stayed at 185.

For both himself AND the UFC.

No I get it. In a straight on 'lets see who will lose the most weight TODAY' the muscular guy will shed more water weight then the guy with the higher body fat.

But in a 'we have two weeks or more to shed weight' the fat guy through dieting, and exercise and water shedding will be able to lose quite a bit more, quite a bit easier.

Absolutely, but he is already at 190 and has 1 month to lose 20 pounds, that's plenty of time and Tibau says he weighs like 183 or so on fight night and he is also very muscular and fights at 155.

I don't see there being much reason to doubt that he will make weight with all the steps he has taken, the thing for me that is a question is how he will perform.

I know Mike Dolce gets a lot of shit but I don't think any of his fighters have missed weight before.

He's definitely in the running for the " If MMA was a scary physique contest," comment from Rogan.

Gonna b3 a goodnight with Nate

Yes, yes he is.

Based on what? He nearly got ko'd about 3 times the other week by an absolute nobody, storms striking is waaayyyyyy overrated.

Condit would beat him easily, if they were the same weight of course.

I don't know why you are rolling your eyes, muscle holds more water than fat so people who have lower body fat percentages can cut more water weight. Ever notice most of the guys that cut a lot of weight are ripped as hell?

Lombard is such a badass. I want to see him succeed in the division, hopefully he's made some changes and fights alot smarter this time around.

I'm willing to bet he misses weight.

He has already had his weight much lower for a while now...I don't think he'll be missing weight...infact, I would be shocked if he did, because he's been walking around in the 180's for the last couple of months.

Problem with really muscular guys like that is their ego doesn't let them "starve" off the hard earned muscle they're carrying. Once you combine that extra oxygen need, with the stress of the weight cut and you've got a potential disaster on your hands.

I hope he does it all properly and safe

Losing jacktness must be the least of his worries. And yup, the stresses of the weight cut would be disastrous if planned incorrectly.

I don't know why you are rolling your eyes, muscle holds more water than fat so people who have lower body fat percentages can cut more water weight. Ever notice most of the guys that cut a lot of weight are ripped as hell?

this is true, thiago alves setc, but the problem is sometime they try to cut too much!!!! As long as he isn't going overboard he will be fine

Man, we have a lot of trainers, dieticians, and doctors in here regarding him cutting weight. I'm honored to be among such knowledgable professionals.

What's wrong with people giving there opinions?Anyways I like both fighters hopefully the cut doesn't hinder Lombard and we get a good fight.

Not to mention his 5 round war with Schlemenko. I don't know why people forget these things. People were saying Condit would beat Lombard, I told them just look at what happened to Schlemenko and he's a better striker than Condit.

Notafuckingchance

You drank Uncle Bjorn's Kool-aid.

kool-aid-man.jpg

dude's a total goliath for a short man (oxymoron I know). I really don't think he can make weight if he's gonna be that big.

Back