Hector Lombard looking shredded for 170 debut...

He's gassing in the first round. Bank on it.

If Lombard loses to Nate should he get cut and go back to bellator where he is an unbeaten god?

That guy just looks so naturally built and strong that I think he could only do intense conditioning work and still be stronger and more built than anyone else in the weight class. Doesn't matter anyways though, he seems like one of those guys who doesn't have it together mentally the way you need in order to become highly successful in this sport.

Keep in mind, this pic looks like it was taken after a work out. He's probably down 10 pounds of water here.

His abs don't look human.

Hector is a monster.

He is only 5'9" (I think he's probably really 5'8") though so he can afford to be more ripped than taller guys.

UFConFUELTV8-Weigh-ins08.jpg

This guy is 6'2" and still made 170.

Lombard should be able to make it relatively easily if he follows the right steps.

Also, for people who say cardio was his issue, I'd say reach was at least one of his issues, and that should be helped slightly at WW.

Also, his cardio should be slightly improved by having to carry less weight, even if doing a weight cut affects him somewhat.

I just don't understand how he can cut to 170 if that's how he's looking now.

Muscle holds more water than fat thus him being extremely muscular means he will be able to cut more water weight than most people, he also looks like he lost extra muscle mass which should help him a bit as well.

He has changed his diet and looks to be doing more cardio and less weight lifting, hes doing it right so I don't see why making weight should be a problem, he says he is 190 that's about what the biggest WWs weigh on fight night.

Not to mention his 5 round war with Schlemenko. I don't know why people forget these things. People were saying Condit would beat Lombard, I told them just look at what happened to Schlemenko and he's a better striker than Condit.

Shemelnko is not a better striker than condit, not to mention condit is the better mma fighter than him too and I'm a fan of his.

Muscle holds more water than fat thus him being extremely muscular means he will be able to cut more water weight than most people, he also looks like he lost extra muscle mass which should help him a bit as well.

He has changed his diet and looks to be doing more cardio and less weight lifting, hes doing it right so I don't see why making weight should be a problem, he says he is 190 that's about what the biggest WWs weigh on fight night.

Once you are already shredded it is hard to lose a lot of water weight from your muscles. Normally your point is correct but not once you have already ripped down.

Better to have some fat weight to cut via diet and exercise alongside the water cut.

Once you are already shredded it is hard to lose a lot of water weight from your muscles. Normally your point is correct but not once you have already ripped down.

Better to have some fat weight to cut via diet and exercise alongside the water cut.

He says he lost 30 pounds from when he was at 185, it shouldn't be a tough weight cut. He says he is at 190, most of the biggest guys at WW weigh between 180-190 on fight night so he seems on track to make weight just fine.

He will likely diet 10 pounds off in the last 2 weeks and cut 10 pounds of water the day of the weigh ins, seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Here is just some anecdotal evidence from personal experience, I would lose 7 pounds most every practice when I wrestled without trying to lose weight and my starting weight was normally about 165ish, I wrestled at 152 and we didn't have nutritionists or weight cutting experts. My body fat percentage was also less than 10% and the guys who seemed to have the most trouble losing water weight were the fatter guys.

Last edited:
Problem is if his diet is already a low carb diet then he'll have tons of troubles cutting those last 20 pounds.

Not only that but if he is on a low carb diet, his muscles will have less endurance and they will give out quicker.

He says he lost 30 pounds from when he was at 185, it shouldn't be a tough weight cut. He says he is at 190, most of the biggest guys at WW weigh between 180-190 on fight night so he seems on track to make weight just fine.

He will likely diet 10 pounds off in the last 2 weeks and cut 10 pounds of water the day of the weigh ins, seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Here is just some anecdotal evidence from personal experience, I would lose 7 pounds most every practice when I wrestled without trying to lose weight and my starting weight was normally about 165ish, I wrestled at 152 and we didn't have nutritionists or weight cutting experts. My body fat percentage was also less than 10% and the guys who seemed to have the most trouble losing water weight were the fatter guys.

No I get it. In a straight on 'lets see who will lose the most weight TODAY' the muscular guy will shed more water weight then the guy with the higher body fat.

But in a 'we have two weeks or more to shed weight' the fat guy through dieting, and exercise and water shedding will be able to lose quite a bit more, quite a bit easier.

Back