Hector Lombard looking shredded for 170 debut...

hope to God that Nate wins this. That man needs to start being consistent. Im not sure if Lombard at 170 is going to help his cardio. He may be too drained.

He's always been shredded, but now he has to be leaner to make 170 as you can see.

BUdpgxFCcAA9KgA.jpg:large

Can't wait to see his fight against Marquardt in a few weeks!!!

I really like both fighters and both really need a win so this one is a tough one for me. I hope Lombard's cardio holds up.

Edit: Dammit, part of the reason I posted was because I can't see pictures ever in the OP and only in posts.......except this time. Does anyone mind re-posting the pic for me or quoting the OP? The url didnt work for me either fml.

He does look jacked. His problem has always been cardio though, not strength. Curious to see how his cardio is at 170.

His muscle mass is what leads to him gassing in high tempo fights. If he's lost muscle mass to make 170 he could do better. However if he hasnt lost much and cuts big for d first time in a while, he'll gas by rnd 2 for sure

Lombard is an ass but he is very talented. Would like to see him get a couple wins to fight more elite guys

It sucks that Alves, Lawler, and Lombard are all training at ATT, I wonder if they would still fight each other.

a 35 year old guy who looked jacked at 185 is now cutting 15 lbs? I wish him well but I think that the odds are against him

I just don't understand how he can cut to 170 if that's how he's looking now.

Man, we have a lot of trainers, dieticians, and doctors in here regarding him cutting weight. I'm honored to be among such knowledgable professionals.

Looks good for a natty.

Last edited:
That much muscle isn't really a good thing if he's dropping down.

Man, we have a lot of trainers, dieticians, and doctors in here regarding him cutting weight. I'm honored to be among such knowledgable professionals.

LMAO yup.. they act like they train with hiim and know exactly whats going on. :rolleyes:

In an interview, Lombard said he lost 30 pounds. He must be doing something right. He also said he feels like he's gonna perform much better at welterweight because he's gonna be faster with better cardio.

Crazy how Nate has gone from a top 5 MW to a out of the top 10 WW. I think Lombard has this one.

Man, I think Lombard will have ridiculous power at WW! If he has managed to actually gain cardio, he could become a top contender in the division.

Isn't he working with Dolce? If so he will make the weight without a doubt

Everyone thinks Dolce is some magical miracle worker, he can only do so much. There's the problem of him not sticking with the diet and then there's that whole thing of how the weight cut will affect his cardio and fatigue levels, which aren't stellar to begin with. Problem with really muscular guys like that is their ego doesn't let them "starve" off the hard earned muscle they're carrying. Once you combine that extra oxygen need, with the stress of the weight cut and you've got a potential disaster on your hands.

I hope he does it all properly and safe

Back