Have open relationships become normalized?

Open relationships are just someone saying " i want to cheat and not feel bad about it. They want all the benefits of a real relationship but non of the commitment. Im sure there so.e mental illness or abuse in their past that lead them down that road.

I chick messaged me once on A dating site she said she was in a relationship and just looking for some dick. So i asked her so you just go sleep with some random guy then go home to ypur husband and child? She said ueah thats about it. Roflmao at her then she blocked me.
That’s just not true though. I define cheating as violating the agreed-upon rules of your relationship. If what one is doing is within the agreed-upon rules, then it’s not cheating. You’re applying the ruleset of monogamy to it, when it’s not monogamy.

Last edited:
That’s just not true though. I define cheating as violating the agreed-upon rules of your relationship. If what one is doing is within the agreed-upon rules, then it’s not cheating. You’re applying the rules ent of monogamy to it, when it’s not monogamy.
The only rule of relationship is 100% physical commitment. What youre describing one of the parties isnt, Really 100% in agreement their doing it because they think it will make the other person happy. Either way its cheating no matter how anyone tries to frame it or justify it.

The only rule of relationship is 100% physical commitment. What youre describing one of the parties isnt, Really 100% in agreement their doing it because they think it will make the other person happy. Either way its cheating no matter how anyone tries to frame it or justify it.
That may be *your* only rule, it it’s clearly not *the* only rule. Relationships are for the people in them; you can structure them however you like.
And it’s also not true that people acquiesce to rules like that solely for the other person. I mean, I’m sure that happens on occasion, but there are plenty of poly people out there who prefer those relationships, seek them out with other poly partners, have rules which are known to both partners agreed upon at the start of the relationship.

I still think they're rare, but they're somewhat more normalized than they've been in the past.

If these people get happy doing that, fine for them, i could never ever be in a relationship like that.

I do wonder by the way, what effects it has on the children and i think these types of relationship can be more problematic than regular relationships.

I don’t think it’s normalized, but it’s definitely more common than it used to be. The idea of an open relationship is great. You get to fuck whoever you want, and still get to be with your regular partner. The problem with open relationships is that I have never seen one work, not for the long haul anyway. Plus it will definitely fuck kids up growing up in that environment.

It’s not normal, I don’t know one real life couple who do this.

One big happy FAMILY:
NApVVPD.jpg

Kid looks pretty pissed off in this picture

One of my mates had an open marriage till they broke up recently, it worked pretty well. I think he. was more into it than she was though.

One of my mates had an open marriage till they broke up recently, it worked pretty well. I think he. was more into it than she was though.
No shit. Only reason we used to get married is girls wouldnt put out without the contract.

That may be *your* only rule, it it’s clearly not *the* only rule. Relationships are for the people in them; you can structure them however you like.
And it’s also not true that people acquiesce to rules like that solely for the other person. I mean, I’m sure that happens on occasion, but there are plenty of poly people out there who prefer those relationships, seek them out with other poly partners, have rules which are known to both partners agreed upon at the start of the relationship.

I mean I think its certainly true its possible to "cheat without cheating" in terms of falling in love with someone else without anything physical happening just as its possible to sleep with someone else without it leading to any attachment.

The big divide I would say is how much emotion is bound up in sex for you, for some people sex is so tied up to it that its impossible to separate, I admit I would be closer to that and wouldnt ever consider an open relationship as a result.

Who gives a shit..

People gonna peep.. i'd assume a kid would get less fucked up from this than from living with dumb, mean or workaholic for a parent..

Not saying I agree with any of this but do you think she'd be better off as a single mom or cheating on him? Assuming she was done with him otherwise.

I'm somewhat surprised she's only had one boyfriend here.
you can be married.. not be in an open relationship and not cheat lol

crazy, I know

Back