Have open relationships become normalized?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Drain Bamage, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Drain Bamage Guitar God 420

Former UFC figher Kyle Kingsbury and his wife Natasha Wicks are pretty open about their open relationship. Even bringing multiple partners around their kids. Are they enlightened to a new way of life or setting themselves up for an epic breakdown?

[​IMG]

One big happy FAMILY:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And don't get mistaken, Kyle gets to have his fun too. The family that plays together stays together.
    [​IMG]

Oceanmachine likes this.
  2. faustian I AM NOT A MONSTER Platinum Member

Lol last pic seems like the wife is holding on extra hard to beard guy when Kyle's side piece is in the picture

Moonwalker95 likes this.
  3. wufabufa Silver Belt

Yeah, that's a no for me dawg. Any adult can do what they want but I don't think the kid should be introduced to the walking embodiment of your kinks and fantasies.

Canned Tuna, lsa, ShinkanPo and 30 others like this.
  4. FierceRedBelt Red Belt

It's whatever really; I don't think it'll be good for the kids but it's certainly better than a single mother bringing around a new man every couple of months. Or even worse knowing his parents are cheating.

No one's lying here. It'll be interesting to see if it lasts.

5. TheWorm Silver Belt

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Also, I think they’re fucking weirdos.

Canned Tuna, Aldo145, lsa and 7 others like this.
  6. RowdyLesnar NoFucksGiven

7. FierceRedBelt Red Belt

Dude gets punched in the head for a living cut him some slack.

8. NoGoodNamesLeft Red Belt

Godless heathnes

9. FierceRedBelt Red Belt

Not saying I agree with any of this but do you think she'd be better off as a single mom or cheating on him? Assuming she was done with him otherwise.

I'm somewhat surprised she's only had one boyfriend here.

10. BFoe Western States Heritage Champion Platinum Member

I don’t know if they’ve quite been “normalized,” but I know a couple of people with open relationships. As long as the terms of the relationship are known and agreed upon to all parties, I don’t see an issue with it. And I don’t think that the 2 options in the OP (its an enlightened new way of life, or set up for epic breakdown) are the only possibilities.

WandySaku2, Patof and FierceRedBelt like this.
  11. Drain Bamage Guitar God 420

What about committed, monogamous relationship? That not an option these days?

Big Burly, magicmarker, 90 50 and 5 others like this.
  12. Drain Bamage Guitar God 420

What are the other possibilities?

BFoe likes this.
  13. MaxMMA Brown Belt

The main issue with these open relationships is it is a free pass to shop around for a replacement. Sure you can dress it up with something like... "Well I have my one and only, all the other people are just for fun!" yeah ok, until you meet someone who is better looking, with a better personality that doesn't want to be relegated to the side piece role. Then what kind of concessions will you make to meet that persons demands to keep them around?

Yes, you don't need to be in an open relationship to "shop around" for a new/better piece of meat, but at least in a more traditional relationship you aren't willingly thrusting temptation into your partners life on a daily basis. I'm sure there are people that this kind of thing works for, but not for your average person IMO. I also have a hard time believing that your average woman can respect a man that allows other men between his wifes legs. Just doesn't see like something a majority of women would find attractive. Not saying that there aren't men and women that get off to it, but It goes against nature and biological evolution.

14. FierceRedBelt Red Belt

<{fry}>
    Literally the sentence you deleted from that paragraph answered this question.

15. MaxMMA Brown Belt

Also, shit's gay, so there's that too.

16. FierceRedBelt Red Belt

That'd be an interesting plot twist. @Zer

17. buffpants22 one has to die several times while still alive.

Open relationships are just someone saying " i want to cheat and not feel bad about it." They want all the benefits of a real relationship but non of the commitment. Im sure there some mental illness or abuse in their past that lead them down that road.

A chick messaged me once on a dating site she said she was in a relationship and just looking for some dick. So i asked her ,so you just go sleep with some random guy then go home to your husband and child? She said yeah thats about it. Roflmao at her then she blocked me.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  18. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

So that's why he wasn't bothered about eating sushi with a dudes cum in it on TUF.

19. BFoe Western States Heritage Champion Platinum Member

Well mainly that there’s nothing “enlightened” about it, it’s just an example of people having the types of relationships or romantic attachments that work for them.

Although now that I think about it, so may people are engaged in relationships that don’t work for them that maybe “enlightened” isn’t such an incorrect term after all lol. But calling it an enlightened new way of life gave it a bit more significance that it deserves I think; there’s all sorts of possibilities as to how one could structure a relationship. People in open relationships are just operating under different rules than the norm, because they work better for those people, or they prefer them.

WandySaku2 likes this.
  20. 12ga. Silver Belt

3 adults one child. Anyone besides me see a problem with that going forward?

Civilizational collapse goes hand and hand with post modernism - wont last and why religious and traditional families will always be with us.

magicmarker, buffpants22, Ruv and 5 others like this.