Have a gut feeling they're going to book Belal/Khamzat for Abu Dhabi

Probably skipping Shavkat, giving him either Kamaru or Colby on the same card so he gets more spotlight before his TS.

And especially now with the loss of Makhachev until 2025 because if his hand injury, the UFC which is know to want to put famous Muslim fighters for the October Abu Dhabi card will try to maximize it.

So I've got a feeling they're going to see if Khamzat is healthy and offer him to cut again to 170 and fight for the title here in October.

Belal has said he's ready for anyone and ready for October.

I'm not for it or against it. I'm just saying that knowing the UFC and with the unavailability of Makhachev I could see them putting that headline for the October Abu Dhabi card.

You think it's a possibility they do that or I'm in over my head ?
They aren't giving it to khamzat at WW. I think they'll try to make him fight in AD though. that I believe.

If anything they reschedule Khamzat vs Whittaker, and make Belial vs Shavkat as the main.
Whittaker ship has sailed for him. He can fight someone from ranks 5 - 15, all good options for him.

Bernard vs Shavkat would be a great main event for Abu Dhabi.

Belal with the title marks a sea change within the Welterweight division to me.

I don't think he'll hold the title long, if at all.
But more importantly, he'll usher in the new challengers who couldn't break through during the doldrums of Usman's reign where he was rematching the same 3 guys over 4+ years.

Leon was a nice change, and at least he lost the title to fresh meat.

I certainly didn't mind Usman, but if i never hear Colby or Usman's name associated with the WW title again, i'll be happy.

Probably skipping Shavkat, giving him either Kamaru or Colby on the same card so he gets more spotlight before his TS.

And especially now with the loss of Makhachev until 2025 because if his hand injury, the UFC which is know to want to put famous Muslim fighters for the October Abu Dhabi card will try to maximize it.

So I've got a feeling they're going to see if Khamzat is healthy and offer him to cut again to 170 and fight for the title here in October.

Belal has said he's ready for anyone and ready for October.

I'm not for it or against it. I'm just saying that knowing the UFC and with the unavailability of Makhachev I could see them putting that headline for the October Abu Dhabi card.

You think it's a possibility they do that or I'm in over my head ?

I don't think so, no.

Khamzat is at the bottom of the ladder right now in terms of trust.

It's as likely as booking Conor and announcing the fight months in advance.

They will do neither.

Goat Belal should be fighting other Goats.

Only one deserving to share the ring in Abu Dhabi and that's GSP. Time to come out of retirement and face the palestinian nightmare

Belal with the title marks a sea change within the Welterweight division to me.

I don't think he'll hold the title long, if at all.
But more importantly, he'll usher in the new challengers who couldn't break through during the doldrums of Usman's reign where he was rematching the same 3 guys over 4+ years.

Leon was a nice change, and at least he lost the title to fresh meat.

I certainly didn't mind Usman, but if i never hear Colby or Usman's name associated with the WW title again, i'll be happy.

Honestly feel like Usman is in that post-GSP loss Matt Hugues zone where he can win a lot of fight in the top 15 but won't be touching a belt ever again

Colby is in that Frank Trigg zone. He choked in all his title fights and he is inactive AF.

Both are a thing of the past title wise, and I think that Leon is too. Feel like the new guard will have him figured out after that loss.

The next title fights will be all Shavkat, JDM, Garry and others. And that's a good thing.

I don't think so, no.

Khamzat is at the bottom of the ladder right now in terms of trust.

It's as likely as booking Conor and announcing the fight months in advance.

They will do neither.

I personally agree with you. I don't think they should make it. It's a recipe for disaster.

But I'm trying to think like the UFC and their irrational matchmaking and when I do I see them making it.

Don't forget that Abu Dhabi has an history of funky weigh in procedures

Unless something remarkable has happened, I doubt they rush to put Khamzat in any main events any time soon, and def NOT at Welterweight.

Him pulling out of fights should not give him a title shot, esp when they got other WW's in tow.

Shavkat is my pick for next shot if he can be ready. After that gets dicey.

Shavkat is my pick for next shot if he can be ready. After that gets dicey.
If that fight happens, alot could change by then

I personally agree with you. I don't think they should make it. It's a recipe for disaster.

But I'm trying to think like the UFC and their irrational matchmaking and when I do I see them making it.

Don't forget that Abu Dhabi has an history of funky weigh in procedures

Yeah they do dumb main events for clout for sure.

I think for Khamzat we're safe though. He's fucking up his middleweight run, and he's out of contention at 170.

If someone's gonna get a stupid and undeserved title fight at 170 my money is on Kamaru...

Back