Has Dustin surpassed Tony in the all time lightweight rankings?

No there won't, unless your alts start them to prove your point.
They will man, people are reyarded lol someone, multiple people in fact, will make that claim here and try to rationalize it.

Tony may not be in the top 10 LW any more, but he’s #1 in damage taken in a career.

Mark my words, if Dustin wins the belt you'll have multiple threads claiming he's the GOAT lightweight ahead of Khabib, lmao. Just watch.

A couple of points about his resume. One of Dustin's marquee LW wins was against a FW (Holloway), a couple of others were against a washed and overrated Conor. When looked at in that context Dustin's resume is still good but it's starting to get a bit overrated here imo.
That's because Khabib retired too early. If Dustin's resume is getting overrated, so is Khabib's because they share two marquee wins in Conor and Gaethje. Only thing keeping Khabib ahead of Dustin is the fact that he beat him and did it dominantly. Khabib's resume will age like milk if Oliveira beats Dustin.

Surpassed? He's been ahead of Tony.

Mark my words, if Dustin wins the belt you'll have multiple threads claiming he's the GOAT lightweight ahead of Khabib, lmao. Just watch.

A couple of points about his resume. One of Dustin's marquee LW wins was against a FW (Holloway), a couple of others were against a washed and overrated Conor. When looked at in that context Dustin's resume is still good but it's starting to get a bit overrated here imo.

His best win's basically Eddie, in a fight that never should've even happened considering Eddie TKO'd him the 1st fight and then had the brain fart of all brain farts to blast him with an illegal knee to KO him. Which Poirier milked hoping for a DQ but instead had to settle for a NC.

Like yeah, the ending sucked but we all saw Eddie win. Then Poirier got to fight him again, this time after he was even more shopworn, and finally pick up the win. Which mind you, despite being his best win, was 15 years into Eddie's career lol.

I think he has surpassed Tony, yes.

Not sure about Frankie at this stage. 2 great wins over BJ, a win and a draw over a very good Maynard, a very good win over Sherk and good wins over Griffin and Jim Miller.

Vs

2 x wins over Conor, Gaethje a win and a NC with Eddie, Pettis, Holloway, Hooker, CDF and Miller.

Dont forget Bobby Green. Dustins the only one who knocked him out too and that win has aged tremendously. Duffy was overrated but still 14-1 with finishes over Conor and Norman.

Last edited:
Could anyone explain to me why the fuck people are still putting Eddie Alvarez in the top 10, let alone top 5?

Eddie has wins over:

Hansen
Kawajiri
Curran
Aoki
Chandler
Pitbull
Melendez
Pettis
RDA
Gaethje

He was called the Underground King because for like a decade he was the top LW, or losing/reachieving it repeatedly, outside the UFC until he finally came to the UFC... and became the actual King there too. He beat like all of his competitors during his era for #1 LW barring BJ/Frankie/Henderson, who he simply never fought.

Let alone things like 15 years into his career making Poirier go life and death him with lol.

I think they are dead even at this point but Dustin has a chance to pass him on the 11th.

It's funny you mention Gaethje you has the SAME level of striking defense Ferguson has. It's all chin. In fact Gaethje might be even worse. They don't call Ferguson Homer Simpson. They call Gaethje Homer Simpson.

Yeh, they're both pretty bad at defending strikes, though Justin is a bit better when he comes in and actually tries instead of letting emotions get the better of him.

The difference between them is that Justin is getting in there and having competitive fights against the top fighters in the division in Dustin, Eddie (at the time), and I suppose we count Chandler among those (dunno why, but I don't personally lol). When Justin fought lesser comp he was putting them away in the first round. The fights weren't really competitive.

Meanwhile Tony was struggling against a lot of his lesser opponents, and unlike Justin, when it came to fighting the elite, he hasn't been competitive at all. He didn't look anywhere near Gaehtje's level on the feet, or Oli or Dariush's on the mat. And all of that came down to skill. He had no idea how to set up strikes against Justin and looked frustrated, and he looked completely lost against Oli and Dariush in the grappling.

That's because Khabib retired too early. If Dustin's resume is getting overrated, so is Khabib's because they share two marquee wins in Conor and Gaethje. Only thing keeping Khabib ahead of Dustin is the fact that he beat him and did it dominantly. Khabib's resume will age like milk if Oliveira beats Dustin.
Barely having ever lost a round is not the same as Dustin struggling with Gaethje, going life and death with Hooker (talk about a win that’s aged poorly!), etc. You guys continue to not understand that HOW Khabib was getting rid of guys is as much a part of his story as who he was getting rid of. Never lost, never knocked down, never cut, never in any trouble, always in dominant position, and all that in the most stacked division in UFC history. Flawless.

Last edited:
Tony isn’t in that conversation imo. He’s not even top 10 all time. Poirier has easily surpassed him.
This is exactly what I was thinking. Not sure why tony would be in that conversation. He had a nice long win streak but it wasn't against exactly the best competition.

His best win's basically Eddie, in a fight that never should've even happened considering Eddie TKO'd him the 1st fight and then had the brain fart of all brain farts to blast him with an illegal knee to KO him. Which Poirier milked hoping for a DQ but instead had to settle for a NC.

Like yeah, the ending sucked but we all saw Eddie win. Then Poirier got to fight him again, this time after he was even more shopworn, and finally pick up the win. Which mind you, despite being his best win, was 15 years into Eddie's career lol.
Lol Poirier whooped his ass twice, he had to resort in cheating and didn't want the rematch automatically, I'm glad Dustin knocked him out of the UFC.

Lol Poirier whooped his ass twice, he had to resort in cheating and didn't want the rematch automatically, I'm glad Dustin knocked him out of the UFC.

In the first fight Eddie had Poirier on the ropes AND THEN threw the illegal knee while trying to finish him. It very much looked like Eddie was going to KO Poirier, regardless of the knee.

So of course Eddie didn't want the rematch. It was a poor ending, but Eddie won. The only ones who wanted it were Poirier and his fans because of Eddie's high ranking, or those who just wanted another banger.

Barely having ever lost a round is not the same as Dustin struggling with Gaethje, going life and death with Hooker (talk about a win that’s aged poorly!), etc. You guys continue to not understand that HOW Khabib was getting rid of guys is as much a part of his story as who he was getting rid of. Never lost, never knocked down, never cut, never in any trouble, always in dominant position, and all that in the most stacked division in UFC history. Flawless.
No. No one is forgetting that. That’s the only thing that even keeps Khabib in the conversation because if we consider the quality of opponents and number of them, I’m not even sure if I can put him above Israel Adesanya. This is why it’s ironic that you mention that the lightweight division is the most stacked division because Khabib missed out on a lot of opponents. Am I saying, they would beat them? No. But beating them and not facing them are two different things and I have to mention it because people forget that often times. Even if I factor in the pure dominance of Khabib’s wins, I don’t find them more impressive than beating Gastelum, Whittaker, Romero and Costa. You can talk about Izzy’s loss to Jan but then again Khabib never had the balls to challenge Usman.

Tony isn’t in that conversation imo. He’s not even top 10 all time. Poirier has easily surpassed him.

Typical Sherdog revisionist/recency bias BS right there.

I really wanna know the names of the 10 guys you put ahead of him and the criteria you used to determine that.

Tony once sat in a category that Olivera and Islam currently sit in. All have long winning streaks that are void of serious competition but one current top 6. Tony, like Conor, finally tried to fight several top 5’s. Olivera and Islam need to do the same.

Back