Has Dustin surpassed Tony in the all time lightweight rankings?

Sam's UFC title reign

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I believe that Dustin has to be in the greatest lightweights of all time conversation. But has he done enough to be above Tony Ferguson in that conversation?

Tony is an overrated journeyman. His best win against RDA was also not that great considering he poked him in the eye and didn’t get a point deducted.

Edit; Dustin would beat the dog shit out of Ferguson.

Last edited:
Mark my words, if Dustin wins the belt you'll have multiple threads claiming he's the GOAT lightweight ahead of Khabib, lmao. Just watch.

A couple of points about his resume. One of Dustin's marquee LW wins was against a FW (Holloway), a couple of others were against a washed and overrated Conor. When looked at in that context Dustin's resume is still good but it's starting to get a bit overrated here imo.

Last edited:
I believe that Dustin has to be in the greatest lightweights of all time conversation. But has he done enough to be above Tony Ferguson in that conversation?

He's not in the greatest of all time lightweight convo, wtf.

He got dominated by Khabib. Let's see if he beats Oliveira before talking crazy. If Oliveira can avoid getting tagged and finished early, I got Oliveira.

All time GOAT ranking for lightweight so far

Khabib
BJ
Gomi
Edgar
Eddie

I guess you could argue maybe he could be fifth.

All time GOAT ranking for lightweight so far

Khabib
BJ
Gomi
Edgar
Eddie

I guess you could argue maybe he could be fifth.

Not sure about Frankie at this stage. 2 great wins over BJ, a win and a draw over a very good Maynard, a very good win over Sherk and good wins over Griffin and Jim Miller.

Vs

2 x wins over Conor, Gaethje a win and a NC with Eddie, Pettis, Holloway, Hooker, CDF and Miller.

Not sure about Frankie at this stage. 2 great wins over BJ, a win and a draw over a very good Maynard, a very good win over Sherk and good wins over Griffin and Jim Miller.

Vs

2 x wins over Conor, Gaethje a win and a NC with Eddie, Pettis, Holloway, Hooker, CDF and Miller.

We will see. Oliveira is more skilled. I just don't know if he can withstand Poirier's combos to the dom.

We will see. Oliveira is more skilled. I just don't know if he can withstand Poirier's combos to the dom.

He wouldn't drop off on my list if Charles beat him though, it would just boost Charles' stock. I didn't drop BJ down my list when he lost to Frankie.

Tony is an overrated journeyman. His best win against RDA was also not that great considering he poked him in the eye and didn’t get a point deducted.

Edit; Dustin would beat the dog shit out of Ferguson.

You could say that about most of Jones wins too.

He wouldn't drop off on my list if Charles beat him though, it would just boost Charles' stock. I didn't drop BJ down my list when he lost to Frankie.

Yeah but BJ got robbed hard in the first fight. One of the greatest robberies ever. And it's BJ. Poirier ain't no BJ.

It's funny, kinda, Oliveira is more skilled one of the two, but it's kinda hard to pick him necessarily because...what happens if Poirier touches him?....

Yeah but BJ got robbed hard in the first fight. One of the greatest robberies ever. And it's BJ. Poirier ain't no BJ.

It was one of those fights where every round was close imo. I remember thinking BJ won at the time but then when I watched it again years later I thought it could have gone either way.

In terms of overall I'd certainly have BJ higher but in terms of pure LW performances, I'm not sure that BJ beat people I don't think Dustin could also beat personally.

Back