Has Anyone Stopped Khabibs Takedowns?

First TD: Armbar then a slick escape.

Second TD: Triangle, mounted triangle, armbar, then another triangle. Abel got saved by the bell.

For obvious reasons, there was no 3rd TD attempt.
Conor is in for a bad nite.

4Bgi.gif

Yeah Al

Did you watch that horrible performance?

Prime, juiced into another dimension, former WW Tibau stuffed a greener (pre AKA) Khabib when his TDs were 95% single leg variants.

Ever since Khabib joined AKA, no one has stopped his TDs. Once he starts chaining stuff together, it's a wrap. People like to point out his TD accuracy % but that doesn't tell the whole story. Khabib typically shoots for 3 or so TDs back to back. He will almost always finish 1/3 TDs. It is very rare that Khabib will fail to finish a properly established TD chain.

Or maybe he hasn't fought anyone good at defending takedowns? I'm not saying Conor is that guy, but Khabib is massively overrated.

Conor will kill khabibs Muslim pride through mind games. Once in the ring he won’t fight like himself, then he will be ko’d. He’s finally fighting a great fighter and not real estate agents, and dudes who get crushed by Darren Elkins
RepulsiveZestyAmericantoad-size_restricted.gif

Or maybe he hasn't fought anyone good at defending takedowns? I'm not saying Conor is that guy, but Khabib is massively overrated.
Barboza and MJ (collegiate wrestler) both had well over 80% TDD rates before fighting Khabib.

Al stuffed nearly all of Kevin Lee's TD in their fight. Collegiate wrestler with great displays of TDD.

Trujillo is a 4 time div 1 NAIA All american.

Haely was a NCAA div II wrestler.

You're just wrong bro.

lots of guys have stuffed his takedowns but it doesn't matter he's a relentless takedown artist obviously he doesn't quit and eventually you're going to wear down or make an error that he'll capitalize on. It's the constant grueling pressure and then top control that's Khabib's main weapon. He has an indomitable spirit that's why he's the champ.

Barboza and MJ (collegiate wrestler) both had well over 80% TDD rates before fighting Khabib.

Al stuffed nearly all of Kevin Lee's TD in their fight. Collegiate wrestler with great displays of TDD.

Trujillo is a 4 time div 1 NAIA All american.

Haely was a NCAA div II wrestler.

You're just wrong bro.

I take it you haven't watched many of their fights. I've seen all of them taken down before, repeatedly. Khabib is good, but I've seen nothing to suggest he's unstoppable.

Didnt raging all stuff a few and keep it standing?

Tibau, but he was juiced and literally has some of the best TDD in MMA history.

I take it you haven't watched many of their fights. I've seen all of them taken down before, repeatedly. Khabib is good, but I've seen nothing to suggest he's unstoppable.
No one is unstoppable and no one ever said he was unstoppable.

You said that Khabib has never faced anyone with good TDD which is a blatant falsehood. Barboza rarely gets taken down. Lee and Khabib are the only ones to continuously take him down with ease.

Al stuffed all but 1 of Lee's TDs. The only time he was taken down more than once in a single fight (outside of the Khabib fight) was 5 years ago.

Before fighting Khabib, MJ had gone 5 years without being taken down.

Yes, really. Therefore, the person I replied to who was using the media scores as a basis to say Khabib lost rounds officially, was wrong.

Back