Has Anyone Stopped Khabibs Takedowns?

This guy hasnt even lost a round.

After looking deeper into the data I think Ive changed my mind and have no idea how Conor is gonna win this.

If Micheal Johnson, Barboza, RDA and Iaquinta couldnt stop him, what hoe does Conor have?

Khabib by mauling.

Tibau arguably beat him in one of the weirdest decisions in MMA history

This guy hasnt even lost a round.

After looking deeper into the data I think Ive changed my mind and have no idea how Conor is gonna win this.

If Micheal Johnson, Barboza, RDA and Iaquinta couldnt stop him, what hoe does Conor have?

Khabib by mauling.

Of course.

Conor has stopped Khabib's take downs. He achieved this by ducking him for two years.

He finishes them at the same rate as hus cage TDs. About 1/3. Finished several single legs against Al without chaining.

He also uses many open mat trips
He finished like 2 against al out of 10 in the centre. Khabibs rate sucks wherever he is difference is that he can chain wrestle against cage.

He finished like 2 against al out of 10 in the centre. Khabibs rate sucks wherever he is difference is that he can chain wrestle against cage.
Ok you're a troll. Cool.

Khabib went 2 of 5 singles. He didn't evem shoot for 10 TDs total.

Khabib's open mat TDs are good but you'll never admit it lol.

Ok you're a troll. Cool.

Khabib went 2 of 5 singles. He didn't evem shoot for 10 TDs total.

Khabib's open mat TDs are good but you'll never admit it lol.
I think you're trolling khabib attempted 16 td's landed 6 thats a fact. Khabibs single takedowns are average but his chain wrestling easily is the greatest of all tine.

Give khabib like 5 attempts and he'll probably get it but in the meantime he's wide open. He relies very much on aggression and his wild striking to intimidate his opponent and get him cowering against the fence. Thats where he gets his TD's; in the centre he has a hard time cutting off the ring and his shots are telegraphed with bad setup unlike mendes.
It is a dangerous game against conor who is a powerful counterstriker with long reach and good footwork.
Precisely why this fight needs to happen.

Both fighters are too good in their respective departments to not know the answer

Old school UFC ethos at it's best.

Book it, Dana, ya goof

The fights where Khabib missed weight he had his best wrestling performances, it's not even close.

I think you're trolling khabib attempted 16 td's landed 6 thats a fact. Khabibs single takedowns are average but his chain wrestling easily is the greatest of all tine.
Khabib did not shoot for 10 singles. He shot for 5. The rest were trips.

I mis typed. Khabib only shot in 5 times.

Also Al doesn't get taken down by average singles. He stuffed Lee with ease. Khabib has good singles

Khabib did not shoot for 10 singles. He shot for 5. The rest were trips.

I mis typed. Khabib only shot in 5 times.
I'd have to watch the fight again but as i recall once iaquinta started ignoring the strikes he shook the single legs off with ease. Like its not a bad single leg just average like maia not great like GSP, koscheck, mendes ect. Lee was greener than grass when he dought iaquinta.
Recently the common oppnent was baroza who lee took down whenever he tried really but khabib needed dozens of attempts iirc.

I'd have to watch the fight again but as i recall once iaquinta started ignoring the strikes he shook the single legs off with ease. Like its not a bad single leg just average like maia not great like GSP, koscheck, mendes ect. Lee was greener than grass when he dought iaquinta.
Recently the common oppnent was baroza who lee took down whenever he tried really but khabib needed dozens of attempts iirc.
Al did not shake off Khabib with ease. He had to drop frame and pry Khabib ofc of him.

And Lee landed the same amount of TDs as Khabib. Failed almost the same amount.

Doesn't matter because someone like Conor is not Khabib's true kryptonite, which would be a elite wrestler with better standup then Khabib. Not to say Conor can't win this as he can stop almost anyone with his dynamite fist.

Al stuffed a few, But Al is mad underrated imo. If he was a more active fighter he'd def be a top LW.

Came here to say this..and that a full camp AL probably gives khabib alot of troubles

Trujillo stopped every TD.
I'm sure you meant Tibau. Trujillo was actualy "flying star" of the fight when Khabib threw him through the air. II even think that fight made a record for the most TD in history of UFC?

Or maybe he hasn't fought anyone good at defending takedowns? I'm not saying Conor is that guy, but Khabib is massively overrated.
Khabib is massively overrated? Well, if 26-0 doesn't mean anything in your book, if the way he destroy fighters doesn't mean anything for you, the ducking of other fighters doesn't mean anything and the opinion of all top fighters who all thinks that he is an animal... I'm sure we would all rather take your opinion on the subject.

Before you quote meaningless statistics, ask yourself how many high level wrestlers these guys have fought who actually tried to take them down. Because I remember Danny Castillo taking both of them down and nearly finishing both.
Kamal Shalorus was a high level wrestler. BTW Khabib trains with Rochold, Ed Ruth, DC and Cain. They all say nothing but superlatives about his grapling abilities. He is also a No-Gi world champion, Sambo World champion...etc.

Please do not ever bother me with a notification again. You’re a nobody, and you know better than to respond to me.

Brendan Schaub fanboy?

Don't worry - now that I see that you have no arguments and are just here to have fun with some millennial dweeb gimmick, I won't bother with you again.

I'm sure you meant Tibau. Trujillo was actualy "flying star" of the fight when Khabib threw him through the air. II even think that fight made a record for the most TD in history of UFC?

It did set the record.

Thanks for clarifying that.

tenor.gif

Back