Has anyone had a title fight in 3 different weight classes yet?

Diego Sanchez fought in 4 weight classes. He won TUF at 185, then competed at 170, 155 and 145.

I think that Kenny Florian also competed in 4 weight classes.

Edit: missed title fight in title.

Last edited:
Just in the UFC? I don't think so
If we're just talking about MMA in general though, Volkanovski has won titles in various promotions at WW, LW and FW. Only guy I can think of

Hmm, well Pettis was, of course, LW champ and fought Max for the FW title, then moved up to WW, but no title shot. BJ Pen was all over the place, even fought Machida at HW, but only titles were at LW and WW.

Outside of UFC, Rory was KOTC LW champ, fought for UFC's WW title and Bellator's MW title. But that's all I got.

This here's a good question. Would love to know if I'm not aware of someone.

Hendo because Pride had different names for weight classes, lol so he was a WW, MW, and LHW Champion. MWAHAHAHA

Just in the UFC? I don't think so
If we're just talking about MMA in general though, Volkanovski has won titles in various promotions at WW, LW and FW. Only guy I can think of
Good knowledge. TY.

Vitor

HW in the early years, against Couture.
LHW (ironically, also against Couture) in 2003 or so
MW against Silva in 2010 or so

He also won the Franklinweight title ;) so that's 4.
tenor.gif

Vitor

HW in the early years, against Couture.
LHW (ironically, also against Couture) in 2003 or so
MW against Silva in 2010 or so
And of course LHW against Jones again a few years after that.

He also won the Franklin-Weight title at 195lbs ;) so that's 4.
Crazy how long he fought for

Had title fights vs Weidman and Jones too

Reinier de Ridder is the ONE mw and lhw champion. He wants to fight for the heavyweight title as well. No news if he gets this fight though.

There have been a few outside the UFC, but only Vitor has done so in the UFC. He was a HW tournament winner, LHW champion, and he fought for the MW title twice.

The only fighters I can think of who stand a chance of fighting for UFC titles in three weight classes are Conor and Edgar. MAYBE Cejudo if he does come back.

Back