Has anyone ever tried capitalizing on a groin shot like that before?

Did everyone watch the fight? He clearly stopped, looked at the ref and pointed. The said nothing so he kept fighting. Also Colton clearly went for subs. I know he earned it with his tactics in his first fight but people are just hating now.

Oh right he half heartily squeezed his chin and tried this about 400 times in the exact spot, the exact same way, with the exact same result.

Nothing wrong with being proud but talking about anything non stop gets boring. If he constantly talked about being anti religious and anti military it would be just as annoying because its the only thing he ever talks about.

Went for a crap

"we'll in the army taking a crap is etc etc"

Taking out the rubbish

"We'll in he army taking out the trash etc etc"

Yawning

"We'll I'm in the army so yawning etc etc"

I don't know I guess it just doesn't bother me........I noticed he talked about it alot, but what was more annoying to me was Mike goldberg constantly mentioning, "just like Army Veteran Randy Couture did"......."yeah and that is just like how Randy Couture did to Chuck Liddell in their first fight"

Now THAT was rediculous because in the whole night he mentioned "Randy Couture in relation to Colton Smith at least 10 times I would say.

Oh right he half heartily squeezed his chin and tried this about 400 times in the exact spot, the exact same way, with the exact same result.

Well that's on Ricci....he's supposed to be this polished, well rounded fighter out of Tri Star...who they claim is the "Next big thing"........he couldn't do shit about it....he needs to work on his wrestling a little more it looked to me like.

Total postional dominance, pressure, dictating the fight, and Ricci was helpless to stop it.

It's Mazagatti's job to stop the fight when something like this happens, you wanna be angry with someone be mad at him. Even Rogan said just after, Colton isn't at fault he is doing his job, it's the refs job to stop it. or something right along those lines.

Few of you need to watch the fight again. He knew he hit him in the groin. He checked the ref. He put his hand up as an apology and understanding of caution. Steve was in the corner reading over his Christmas list. The fight continued and Ricci was able to respond easily.

Steve should have stopped the fight, but less that, you have to keep fighting. BOTH of them did. I watched very closely to see if Ricci was being taken advantage of and he wasn't..... The fight played out as it had before with no real advantage to Colton.

Colton and a lot of fighters aren't the type of guys to turn their back and hang out in a situation like this.

Oh, I was looking for another reason to rag on Colton, trust me, especially after that cheap shot in TUF. I just didn't see it.

Did everyone watch the fight? He clearly stopped, looked at the ref and pointed. The said nothing so he kept fighting. Also Colton clearly went for subs. I know he earned it with his tactics in his first fight but people are just hating now.

Sherdog is heavily anti-wrestlers and anti-veterans, so I guess Colton isn't going to get any respect here.

Butthurt much, TS?

He hit him in the groin, stopped, looked at the ref, ref didn't stop the fight, so he continued. You continue until the ref calls a break. Nothing wrong with that. It's a fight, not a chess game.
And a big LOL at 'he took him down because of that bla bla bla .... turning point of the fight bla bla bla' - what about the other rounds, how did he manage to take him down and hold him down there without kicking his nuts?
Shertard logic at it's finest.

It was cheap but not illegal. Last time I remember something like this happening it was Mighty Mouse vs Uncle Creepy I. UC got tagged in the balls and his corner told UC to keep going but MM attacked before he could get his hands up.

Can't put anything past a douche bag who fakes the glove tap.

Because according to him fighting is easy, yes Colton it is easy when you kick your opponent in the balls then bull rush him, or trick him into touching gloves. I have family in the military who would never commit acts like this (unless over sea's) because the military taught them respect first and foremost.

So its ok if he did it in France but not the US?

You fucking idiot.

Even Brian Stann catches crap here when they talk about his military background.

Really? I've never heard anything bad said about Brian Stann. I'll have to keep my eyes open.

Even Brian Stann catches crap here when they talk about his military background.

Very true...SOme p[eople are so resentful towards religion and the miliatary that they lash out everytime one is mentioned. Im agnostic, but I have no problem with somebody mentioning god. It's not like they are saying yoyu need to repent for your sins or you are going to hell........I don't get what the big deal is. Some MMA fans will complain about anything.......no matter what, even if it's a free card with 5 title fights, they will bitch because there weren't 6, or that there were "too many commercials". It really is baffling how some cannot be happy and just watch the fights.

Really? I've never heard anything bad said about Brian Stann. I'll have to keep my eyes open.

they don't talk about Brian Stann as being a bad guy or anything like that but watch when he has a fight coming up and they start running the promos talking about his service

Trigg vs. Hughes. Trigg didn't even let Hughes tell the ref he got groin attacked. He just jumped on him.

It's not Stann they don't like, its the ufc constantly ramming that shit down everybody's throat. I fucking love the guy, but it even pisses me off.

Colton is catching more crap, even though he paused and looked to see if the ref was going to stop it than Stephen Struve did when he poked Stipe in the eye and rushed in before the ref could stop it.
I believe there is a huge difference between waiting a couple seconds to see if the ref thought it was illegal versus trying to not give the ref a chance to make that decision.

It's not Stann they don't like, its the ufc constantly ramming that shit down everybody's throat. I fucking love the guy, but it even pisses me off.

I understand that, but sherdogg is known for complaining about people talking about fighters being veterans. Their reason behind it doesn't change that fact.

Back