Has anyone ever tried capitalizing on a groin shot like that before?

HandsofGlory

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Colton clearly knew he hit Ricci in the groin, saw Ricci bend over in pain from the groin shot, Ricci put his hand out to Colton clearly saying "hold on you just kicked me in the balls" and Colton bull rushed him like Lesnar knowing exactly what he did. What do you guys think of this? I have never seen anyone so blatantly try to use a nut shot to their advantage (since Hackney - Jo San). He used the groin shot to take Ricci down and hold him there for the rest of the round/fight. It was the main turning point of the fight and the most significant strike (was there even another strike?).

Has anyone ever tried doing this before? Usually fighters have respect for each other and will give the other guy a second after they kick them in the balls but Colton went for the hold down (cant say kill or finish) immediately. This also coming from the guy who faked touch gloves so he could take the other guy down and hold him there to get in the house.

I like to imagine that I would have just stopped fighting (easy to imagine, I know) ... I'm pretty sure if one guy's hunched over and the other fighter walks away the referee is almost certainly going to attend to the nut shot.

I'm pretty sure Colton checked the ref before shooting. He thought it was alright. Still not a bold move.

Hughes vs Trigg.

It is infamous.

I wonder if that's what Jesus and all the other military combative instructors who are just as good as he is would have done.

I'm pretty sure Colton checked the ref before shooting. He thought it was alright. Still not a bold move.

Yeah the reff did not stop it right away which was wrong. But Colton knew he hit him in the balls and still went for it. It is an illegal move and he knew exactly what he did. I expect far more out of a US Soldier than using nut shots to their advantage.

Yeah the reff did not stop it right away which was wrong. But Colton knew he hit him in the balls and still went for it. It is an illegal move and he knew exactly what he did. I expect far more out of a US Soldier than using nut shots to their advantage.

Yeah, I believe the majority of fighters would give a break to their opponent.

I wonder if that's what Jesus and all the other military combative instructors who are just as good as he is would have done.

Nut shots are trained for use in the military, life or death fights they use anything they can.

Stephan Struve capitalized on an eye poke when the ref didn't jump in and stop it quick enough.

I think Colton looked over and saw the ref was going to stop it so he continued to fight which is what he is supposed to do. That second kick wasn't a groin shot, he came up between the legs and kicked him on the tailbone/pelvic region. Ricci tried to act like he was kicked in the groin on that one, when he wasn't.

I found it funny that as soon as Colton rushed in that Ricci soon stopped holding his balls and threw a punch.

he looked at the ref, mazzagiti didn't stop it, why wouldnt you jump on him... fight untill stopped..

what the fuck does him being a soldier have anything to do with it?

Well it doesnt look to good for him. First he faked touch gloves to get in the house, then he bull rush after kicking to the groin in the final. I sure dont see a good pattern.

I don't fault Colton for it, but I sure as hell fault Mazzagatti for not calling the foul.

I found it funny that as soon as Colton rushed in that Ricci soon stopped holding his balls and threw a punch.

...Well you sure as hell aren't going to just sit there. What did you expect him to do?

Respect, sportsmanship, honor...

Sorry, this isn't the Kumite. It's a job. Colton doesn't win fights, he doesn't get paid. He doesn't get paid, he can't provide for his family. A man who can't provide for his family is just about the biggest dishonor there is.

Colton did his job, Maz didn't. Blame him.

Back