Has anyone ever tried capitalizing on a groin shot like that before?

what the fuck does him being a soldier have anything to do with it?

Because according to him fighting is easy, yes Colton it is easy when you kick your opponent in the balls then bull rush him, or trick him into touching gloves. I have family in the military who would never commit acts like this (unless over sea's) because the military taught them respect first and foremost.

Sorry, this isn't the Kumite. It's a job. Colton doesn't win fights, he doesn't get paid. He doesn't get paid, he can't provide for his family. A man who can't provide for his family is just about the biggest dishonor there is.

Colton did his job, Maz didn't. Blame him.

Fair enough although he has a job via the military, I will never condone using nut shots to win or cheer for someone who uses nut shots to win.

Screw Colton , he's an embarrasment. First fight getting into TUF he tookdown his opponent who was trying to touch gloves. I believe when Roy called him out on it he apologised said he wasn't a dirty fighter, blah blah blah. Fool me once....fool me twice..

What is he supposed to do? It's the refs job to stop and start fights.

Did anyone else cringe when he said " I am not a dirty fighter" after winning? Its like man, you just kicked him in the nuts and bull rushed him. How is anyone going to believe that?

Yeah the reff did not stop it right away which was wrong. But Colton knew he hit him in the balls and still went for it. It is an illegal move and he knew exactly what he did. I expect far more out of a US Soldier than using nut shots to their advantage.

Well, given what some US soldiers do, I would say this was under par.

What is he supposed to do? It's the refs job to stop and start fights.

99% of the time fighters will realize their foot just hit the cup and turn away then the reff will step in to officially call time. Many nut shuts would go unnoticed by the ref if the fighters didn't have the respect to let their opponent recover after illegally striking them. The 1% is for Colton.

Well it doesnt look to good for him. First he faked touch gloves to get in the house, then he bull rush after kicking to the groin in the final. I sure dont see a good pattern.

Was Colton the one that did that? I forgot it was him. That was such a trashy thing to do. I really doubt Colton will still be employed by Zuffa a year from now...

I wonder if that's what Jesus and all the other military combative instructors who are just as good as he is would have done.

Yawn......Everytime there's a tim Kennedy, Brian Stann, and now Colton Smith thread, the anti military guys come out of the woodwork I see......:icon_neut

.....you guys got anything at all besides little jabs at them being proud of their US Military involvement? I loved it when Clay Guida used to give shout outs to the Union Brotherhood of Carpenters....If I was a fighter, I would give a shout out to the UA....I don't see the resentment....

OK, I can't find it-- who has the GIF of the MMA match where the guy with the long hair gets kicked in his nuts blatantly, spits out his mouthpiece, and then gets TKO'd while the ref goes looking for the mouthpiece?

Did everyone watch the fight? He clearly stopped, looked at the ref and pointed. The said nothing so he kept fighting. Also Colton clearly went for subs. I know he earned it with his tactics in his first fight but people are just hating now.

Colton clearly knew he hit Ricci in the groin, saw Ricci bend over in pain from the groin shot, Ricci put his hand out to Colton clearly saying "hold on you just kicked me in the balls" and Colton bull rushed him like Lesnar knowing exactly what he did. What do you guys think of this? I have never seen anyone so blatantly try to use a nut shot to their advantage (since Hackney - Jo San). He used the groin shot to take Ricci down and hold him there for the rest of the round/fight. It was the main turning point of the fight and the most significant strike (was there even another strike?).

Has anyone ever tried doing this before? Usually fighters have respect for each other and will give the other guy a second after they kick them in the balls but Colton went for the hold down (cant say kill or finish) immediately. This also coming from the guy who faked touch gloves so he could take the other guy down and hold him there to get in the house.

Thing is: the fight wasn't stopped. As such, you have to go for it.
I recall when Hughes was kicked in the groin and (forgot who he was fighting) jumped on him.
Hughes turned the fight around and won despite the dmg he took.

Fighters also (sometimes) claim they were kicked when they were not.
it is up to the ref to stop the fight.

Until then, as a fighter, your job is to attack.

You seriously cant think of any other UFC fight like that? Where a guy was hit low, bends over looks at ref in pain, nothing is done then gets attacked.

OK, I can't find it-- who has the GIF of the MMA match where the guy with the long hair gets kicked in his nuts blatantly, spits out his mouthpiece, and then gets TKO'd while the ref goes looking for the mouthpiece?

Youre talking about Olaf Alfonso vs Razor Rob....Olaf didn't get kicked in the nuts though, it was to the abdomen.....beautiful, BRUTAL KO

Guys get kicked near the groin, but not in the groin, and act like they got kicked all the time.
Obviously Ricci is one of those guys because on the 2nd one he didn't get kick but he faked like he did to get a chance to rest.

Yawn......Everytime there's a tim Kennedy, Brian Stann, and now Colton Smith thread, the anti military guys come out of the woodwork I see......:icon_neut

.....you guys got anything at all besides little jabs at them being proud of their US Military involvement?

Nothing wrong with being proud but talking about anything non stop gets boring. If he constantly talked about being anti religious and anti military it would be just as annoying because its the only thing he ever talks about.

Went for a crap

"we'll in the army taking a crap is etc etc"

Taking out the rubbish

"We'll in he army taking out the trash etc etc"

Yawning

"We'll I'm in the army so yawning etc etc"

You seriously cant think of any other UFC fight like that? Where a guy was hit low, bends over looks at ref in pain, nothing is done then gets attacked.

Hell remember the fights on Friday night where that guy got kicked in the nuts, the ref didn't see it and stopped the fight even.....he then went over and asked, realizing he missed it and restarted it......Definately shouldn't have been called, but he went against the rules technically by restarting it.....you could tell he wanted to crawl under a rock.....

Back