Harvard faculty loved Obamacare until it hit THEM

Best quote:

None of us who protested was motivated by our own bottom line so much as by the principle

Anytime anyone says that, it's about money. Though I think it's worth noting that the actual health care economists were basically fine with it and surprised it took so long, the complainers were Virgil experts and French historians.

The real problem in US healthcare is less who pays than why things cost us 4-5x as much as in comparable foreign countries which have equal or better outcomes. But doing anything about that would require taking on massive entrenched interests/campaign donors and will not happen in the foreseeable future. As usual these days it'll take an absolute crisis to get us to do anything.

Healthcare in America is hilarious to the rest of the world.

Some people feel a lot of stupid, factually incorrect things that happen to support their biases. And as for your specific example, who really started the modern War on Drugs and why? Exactly.

As your posts have consistently shown. I'll have to wiki the war on drugs and get back to you. What I know is that currently it has led to police corruption, terrible prison conditions, and far too many people in jail.

Mr. Gruber’s study predicted about 90 percent of individuals without employer-sponsored or public insurance would see their premiums spike by an average of 41 percent. Once tax subsidies were factored in, about 60 percent of those in the individual market were projected to see their premiums go up 31 percent, according to his analysis.

PHOTOS: See Obama's biggest White House fails

In addition, 53 percent of those insured by companies with fewer than 50 employees, would see their premiums rise by an average of 15 percent even after subsidies, Mr. Gruber forecasted. The report warned such increases could impact small companies’ decision whether to provide health insurance to their workers.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ed-of-obamacare-premium-spike-/#ixzz3O5Mci6Wx
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Me1LqnU.jpg

And Ronnie smoked it for them as well? Why were the inner cities more susceptible to crackheadedness?

I'll have to wiki the war on drugs and get back to you. What I know is that currently it has led to police corruption, terrible prison conditions, and far too many people in jail.

I thought it was Nixon after seeing how so many soldiers were getting hooked. Then it got further ratcheted up during the Reagan years.

did I misread the thread title?

As my posts have consistently shown.

FTFY. And, yeah, like when you were talking about poverty while being completely unaware of the relevant data.

I'll have to wiki the war on drugs and get back to you. What I know is that currently it has led to police corruption, terrible prison conditions, and far too many people in jail.

Agreed. And that is part of the point (to put a certain type of person in prison).

And Ronnie smoked it for them as well? Why were the inner cities more susceptible to crackheadedness?

Hopeless people are more likely to turn to escapes than people who can afford to do other things. Need any other common sense things explained?

FTFY. And, yeah, like when you were talking about poverty while being completely unaware of the relevant data.

Agreed. And that is part of the point (to put a certain type of person in prison).

So government supplied drugs to the inner cities in order to have justification to incarcerate, disenfranchise, marginalize, and stigmatize a population of millions? The same government that is to solve all our problems? And you pick on IDL.

Let's say what you say is true, who has the power and influence to orchestrate this while also manipulating the public into thinking its for their own good?

So government supplied drugs to the inner cities in order to have justification to incarcerate, disenfranchise, marginalize, and stigmatize a population of millions? The same government that is to solve all our problems? And you pick on IDL.

Let's say what you say is true, who has the power and influence to orchestrate this while also manipulating the public into thinking its for their own good?

this is an important topic and you of all people highjacked it with stupid bullshit?

they were the ones defending obamacare, now we really get to see whats going on and you give them an out?

Dude, is this a joke? It's hard to tell with you.

What *I* say? What I said was, "Agreed. And that is part of the point (to put a certain type of person in prison)." In response to you saying, "I'll have to wiki the war on drugs and get back to you. What I know is that currently it has led to police corruption, terrible prison conditions, and far too many people in jail."

Dunno why they are bitching.

That is a great plan compared to what the rest of us get.

Also harvard professors get paid well. I was getting paid 2.5k per credit hour when i taught at my local university (which is barely top 100 nationally). For example, if i taught a 3 credit course i would be paid 7.5k for the semester. I figure a part timer/adjunct/clinical faculty at Harvard (ranked #1 nationally) easily gets 5 to 10k PER CREDIT HOUR, which means even teaching one class for 3 hours a week can net them 15 to 30k in a 3 to 4 month period. Full time faculty easily net 6 figure salaries, with great benefits (on top of their main/side careers, which they have have to be involved in in order to teach at harvard, they get paid additionally/seperately for this). I.e., the history teacher in the article probably consults on side for documentaries. Med school teachers practice medicine on side, law school professors practice law on the side, etc

That being said universal healthcare would be better and the US system is a joke...But compared to the average american, these people have it WAY better

Last edited:
this is an important topic and you of all people highjacked it with stupid bullshit?

they were the ones defending obamacare, now we really get to see whats going on and you give them an out?

We know liberals don't support paying for the programs they advocate. That's not news.

I would not want these self serving people to be teaching my children.

Actually, that is a situation where coordinated action is appropriate.

Does anyone, on any side of the discussion, think that policy should be driven by what's best for the pockets of Harvard professors? No. Not even Harvard professors (when it is abstract).

Thats not the point Tard v Moron. The point is the hypocrisy of aristocrat liberals advocating things to the rest of society, then freaking out when it applies to them.

Dude, is this a joke? It's hard to tell with you.

What *I* say? What I said was, "Agreed. And that is part of the point (to put a certain type of person in prison)." In response to you saying, "I'll have to wiki the war on drugs and get back to you. What I know is that currently it has led to police corruption, terrible prison conditions, and far too many people in jail."

Is that a joke? What?? The federal government are KNOWN and CONFIRMED drug smugglers. This has been documented over and over.

Back