Harvard faculty loved Obamacare until it hit THEM

It's you can't trust people thus you need constraints. Even the noble, altruistic, enlightened, erudite, Hahvahd scholars. It's all academic til it hits you in the pocket.

Again, OK. I think there is pretty broad agreement about that.

Among regular people, this really is the essence of it all. People who want a smaller safety net, mostly just want more shit, and they want to take it from the poor. People who want more progressive taxation, mostly just want more shit, and they want to take it from the rich. Tight money is just about the rich wanting more shit and wanting it from everyone else. Etc.

It's good for all of us. We don't want another 9-11, now do we?

This guy gets it. They are up there keeping us safe and cared for. Can we really put a price on safety? On love?

They'll be okay when all those Obama-promised savings roll in. Health care won't cost any more than their cell phone bill.

Again, OK. I think there is pretty broad agreement about that.

Among regular people, this really is the essence of it all. People who want a smaller safety net, mostly just want more shit, and they want to take it from the poor. People who want more progressive taxation, mostly just want more shit, and they want to take it from the rich. Tight money is just about the rich wanting more shit and wanting it from everyone else. Etc.

Some people feel that the policies create an environment with bad feedback mechanisms in them that distort appropriate behavior and exacerbate rather than mitigate the problems the policies nominally were to solve. The war on drugs is one example of this. Even though it's obviously bad it's supported by politicians who don't want to be misrepresented.

People underestimate how nationalism has replaced religion and tribalism as the tool that dynastical families manipulate the low IQ sheep in supporting a society that exploits them. The flag is th new bible.

I wonder if OldGoat knows IDL believes a secret cabal of Jews and Bankers are secretly controlling the US and the UN to force global unification driven by Satan?

I wonder if OldGoat knows IDL believes a secret cabal of Jews and Bankers are secretly controlling the US and the UN to force global unification driven by Satan?

That isn't what I believe, Mr. You are embellishing the plot.

You've been on my case the last couple of days. Good to see you getting back into it!

Maybe I'm crazy, but that seems like a pretty generous healthcare plan.

thats a great plan, I've been shopping hard it's unbelievable how bad and expensive these plans are

My work provided insurance costs has doubled each year the last couple of years, not sure if it's got something to do with Obamacare.

Can't they just give us free health care with all that tax money wtf.

Where has he said that? And Satan is too busy ruining portions of World of Warcraft to worry about world domination.

bronze level for my family is 15-16 thousands dollars per year with a 6 thousand dollar deductible per person or 12 thousand per family.

gold level is $18,600.00 with a 2-4 thousand dollar deductible but the kick in the ass here is you have 20% coinsurance that takes you right back to the $6000.00 deductible
the only difference is this policy offers breaks on office visits, where the bronze policy you don't get a break until your deductible is met. so that means all these people buying these policy won't even be able to use them for anything but catastrophic coverage

thats all in network, out of network my out of pockets can reach as high as $30,000.00

I'm looking at 22-26 thousand dollars a year if we have to use this for something relatively minor

this is the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever seen

Last edited:
They'll be okay when all those Obama-promised savings roll in. Health care won't cost any more than their cell phone bill.

Healthcare cost growth has already slowed dramatically. Follow the news.

Some people feel that the policies create an environment with bad feedback mechanisms in them that distort appropriate behavior and exacerbate rather than mitigate the problems the policies nominally were to solve. The war on drugs is one example of this. Even though it's obviously bad it's supported by politicians who don't want to be misrepresented.

Some people feel a lot of stupid, factually incorrect things that happen to support their biases. And as for your specific example, who really started the modern War on Drugs and why? Exactly.

Some people feel a lot of stupid, factually incorrect things that happen to support their biases. And as for your specific example, who really started the modern War on Drugs and why? Exactly.

Me1LqnU.jpg

That isn't what I believe, Mr. You are embellishing the plot.

You've been on my case the last couple of days. Good to see you getting back into it!

I don't think I said anything negative in that post. Is there a problem with having that belief?

Back