Harley Davidson is dying

Good, karma catching up to them for fucking over Erick Buell and Porsche

20k for a HD or 10k for more reliable bike in the same class. Easy to see where their market share is going

While Italian and Japanese bikes exist I've no idea why anyone buys a Harley.
I can't by a bike as if I did I'd die on it within a few weeks but if I were to go out like that it'd be on a Ducati.

I don't think Harley is dying its like the most common motorcycle in America.

I would love to have one but motorcycles are too dangerous for my taste.

Hey all things pass, if they can't get with the times and create something people want to buy then they die.
90% of Harley owners are obnoxious.

Harleys are hugely popular here in Australia but there's been a massive cultural shift, most young people buying them are a lot of Middle Eastern & Polynesian bikies riding them, mostly the nightrod & vrods variants...always sporting Adidas sport shorts, gold chains, clean cut and Nike shoes...never wearing any safety gear either... it's a weird cultural shift. The older anglo generations are still sporting Fat Boys, Panheads, Ironheads etc...call me a woman but I love the 48 Sportsters, if I ever got my licence that's probably the only bike I'd be interested in buying.

Honda, Yamaha, kawasaki, and suzuki sell alt of bikes. Ktm passed Harley Davidson for units sold this past year I believe.

I dont see any of these brands fading out anytime soon. There are so many awesome motorcycle choices right now.

Even Husqvarna is coming on strong it seems using KTMs engines. Hell I own 2 of them
Resized_20191213_113222.jpg

I wouldn't ever own a Harley because I like lightweight bikes with great suspension and brakes. Nothing that Harley does. They also cost too damn much.

I can get a nice Ducati or Mv Agusta for under $20k. A very nice one
2019-Ducati-Monster-Hypermotard-950-SP-First-look-supermoto-motorcycle-10.jpg

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-struggle-sends-shares-tumbling-idUSKBN1ZR1HT
6C7979389-130621_harley_hmed_1146p.fit-760w.jpg

f269182683ec20769186e90373f439b5

There's no coming back from this. They can't sustain a global business when they rely on selling overpriced bikes to aging boomers. Bike sales overall are down, but Harley is suffering the most because they have the oldest demographics.

The scariest part? Their sluggish sales are coming during a period of strong growth for consumer purchases. That means they'll be wiped out if and when the next recession hits.
this is why

Good
Noisey fuckers

Why the hell i cant run my car that loud but they can run a bike u can hear 2kms away ill never know.

I don't think Harley is dying its like the most common motorcycle in America.

I would love to have one but motorcycles are too dangerous for my taste.

I doubt that Harley Davidson is in the top 3 of brands registered in the US.

I read the OP, and although it a murican term I only see when i'm in the Mayberry, i'd rather ''Boomer'' or ''OK Boomer'' dies before Harley Davidson.

Did a bunch of people ITT get their heads flushed in toilets by Harley owners or something?

What's with people complaining about the noise and talking about how dangerous bikes are? The noise is a safety feature.

How can Harley Davidson not be cool?

Terminator-2-HD-Fat-Boy.jpg

Terminator 2 FFS!

Good Harley's are gay. Overpriced underpowered unreliable pieces o crap. Harley riders are known to be elitist pricks who don't acknowledge any other riders but fellow Harley douches

Yeah, people aren't fucking dipshits that want to slowly drive around in leather for hours on death traps in North Dakota with a bunch of other old dudes and their fatass, bleach-blond old ladies with floppy dog tits any more.

When you put it like that... Haha

Did a bunch of people ITT get their heads flushed in toilets by Harley owners or something?

What's with people complaining about the noise and talking about how dangerous bikes are? The noise is a safety feature.

How can Harley Davidson not be cool?

Terminator-2-HD-Fat-Boy.jpg

Terminator 2 FFS!

Noticed the guy who fits the mentioned category

I really had been considering entering a short position on HOG but that dividend has juice and could be keeping it afloat.

Thanks for reminding me. :(

Back