Harley Davidson is dying

Did a bunch of people ITT get their heads flushed in toilets by Harley owners or something?

What's with people complaining about the noise and talking about how dangerous bikes are? The noise is a safety feature.

How can Harley Davidson not be cool?

Terminator-2-HD-Fat-Boy.jpg

Terminator 2 FFS!

Cool in 1991

Yeah, people aren't fucking dipshits that want to slowly drive around in leather for hours on death traps in North Dakota with a bunch of other old dudes and their fatass, bleach-blond old ladies with floppy dog tits any more.
Assuming you're talking about Sturgis, that's in South Dakota.

I've ridden the following Harleys:

2009 Sportster 883
2001 Road King
2005 Heritage
2001 Electraglide
2008 Sportster 1200
2007 Streetglide

All of them were disappointing aside from the Heritage - that was a really nice bike. I was most disappointed by the Streetglide. I always wanted one and when I finally got a chance to put some miles on one, it was awful.

Most metric cruisers are as good or better in every regard and way, way less expensive.

As long as my knees hold out I'll be riding a sport-tourer. Right now I have a Suzuki GSF-1250 which is BY FAR the best bike I've ever owned. I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to the cruiser life after experiencing just how vastly superior these types of bikes are.

I heard that Harley makes more revenue from selling clothing than they do from selling bikes. I haven't researched this in any way, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were true.

I think Indians and Triumphs are way cooler looking. I think Honda is rocking it with bike sales lately, 13% growth or something like that.

More like Hardly Davidson amirite

Motorcycles overall seem to be in decline. I don't see anywhere near as many cycles on the roads now. It is almost suicide to ride them with other drivers on cell phones. There are a lot of used motorcycles to buy instead of spending huge money for a new one.
They're all over the road here and you can't miss them when sitting in bumper to bumper traffic because they always are zipping by in between cars. But I'd say probably 80 percent of them are sport bikes. In fact, it's the main mode of transport for some people here.

They're all over the road here and you can't miss them when sitting in bumper to bumper traffic because they always are zipping by in between cars. But I'd say probably 80 percent of them are sport bikes. In fact, it's the main mode of transport for some people here.

I live in an area where filtering/lane splitting is illegal. Watching vids on teh YouTube of bikes cutting in an out of traffic terrifies me knowing how little attention most drivers actually pay to their place in traffic.

I would love to live in a place where I could drive year-round. Commuting on my small bike is much, MUCH cheaper than driving my car/SUV.

If I lived in San Diego then it'd be mine too lol

Cool in 1991
And that's the problem right there. T2 was a defining moment for a lot of people(myself included) when Arnold steps out of that bar and gets on that rumbling slice of Americana. It was as cool as it gets for the time and an entire generation starting dreaming of Harleys. That was 30 years ago and I'd say it was the last grasp of Harleys being "cool". If they weren't going to change their bikes then they needed to change their perception but they never did.

Back