Harley Davidson is dying

Motorcycles overall seem to be in decline. I don't see anywhere near as many cycles on the roads now. It is almost suicide to ride them with other drivers on cell phones. There are a lot of used motorcycles to buy instead of spending huge money for a new one.

Harleys are very popular in Australia with young blokes who pretend to be hard cases. I never saw the appeal, it’s all just a front

All motorcycle brands are dying. In my riding days I always owned both Harley’s and crotch rockets. Loved them both. But for everyone on here making fun of Harley riders, no one are bigger douches than crotch rocket riders. Memorials for them all over the side of highways. Put people in danger with the high speeds and weaving in and out. And they dress like Persians with a gift certificate to Armani Exhange. But yeah, they are fast. Guys that have never ridden before buy 1100’s and expect to just learn, fucking idiots.

Harley's are just money pits. Which is convenient considering the demographic that buys them now.

I had a widowmaker (04 zx10r) and tweaked it out as my third bike. I was pulling the front end off the ground at 100mph. One day decided I just didn't want to die on that thing and sold it. A few bikes later (Including an old Ironhead POS) I gave my zx6 to my wife and had a CBR1000 that I tricked out. Wife got pregnant and decided to sell the bikes.

And previous posters are right - way too many texters who are hoping their peripheral vision will avoid accidents.

I had a gas powered Razr scooter that I laid down in a turn once.

Norton motorCycles in the UK are about to go into administration or Chapter 11 as you guys know it.

I'd rather have an Indian motorcycle. Better
IMO.

images

21241f_c62b442817f349cd999fe0e03b384ae8~mv2.jpg

This may be the only chance I get to have a reason to post this song....

enjoy. not sure if is bad-good or good-bad

if you ever want to see who buys harleys got to sturgis,sd or laramie,wyoming those places are very poorly populated small towns big metro areas are buying every other type of bike,harley shoupd have tried to invent some type of Japanese style crotch rocket or a Ducati style stunt bike to adapt maybe a bmw style traveling cruiser .

They have a couple of sportier bikes set to release this year. The problem is the price- these are going to have typical Harley price tags and be out of reach for the younger buyers they're trying to attract.

They also have the Livewire electric motorcycle, which has received praise but failed to attract customers.
livewire-action.jpg

What's the story behind Buell? I thought that was supposed to be the "sporty" brand for Harley but it seems like it disappeared quickly.

They're still pretty popular around here but it's mostly just people trading used ones back an fourth

Majority of Harley owners are the biggest fuck wits I have ever meet.

Loud annoying show offs

Last edited by a moderator:
OP nailed it. It’s straight demographics. Harley buyers are the boomer generation. Motorcycle buyers are 18-25, and that generation today is much much smaller than the boomer generation, nor are they into Harleys. They’re done and not ever making a come back.

OP nailed it. It’s straight demographics. Harley buyers are the boomer generation. Motorcycle buyers are 18-25, and that generation today is much much smaller than the boomer generation, nor are they into Harleys. They’re done and not ever making a come back.
I bet a chinese motocycle company is gonna buy them.

Norton motorCycles in the UK are about to go into administration or Chapter 11 as you guys know it.
Oh snap, looks like that just happened mere hours ago.

Who is dumb enough to pick this up now? Maybe Tata Motors can add another failed British company to its portfolio alongside Jaguar and Land Rover?

These motorcycles are loud and stupid. Good lord if you have a hillbilly neighbor with one. Sitting on in his driveway revving his engine like a jackass in the AM.

Back