Halt And Catch Fire (Season 4)

Gordon having brain damage was a major downer,kind of when walter white had stage four lung cancer but this seems more depressing.

Gordon having brain damage was a major downer,kind of when walter white had stage four lung cancer but this seems more depressing.

It was a completely stupid development. It was obvious that they had no idea what to do with Gordon in S2 so they developed multiple stupid plot lines for him.

Anyone else here started S3?

I've watched the first two eps. Pretty good so far. I definitely feel like this season is showing more promise than S2 did, although I still feel like I will forever miss the aesthetic, feel and Joe-centeredness of S1.

I very much like that they're not going to have Gordon just waste away within the walls of Mutiny. Clearly he's about to break away from that shit, as he should. But the question is whether or not he'll team back up with Joe.

Anyone else here started S3?

I've watched the first two eps. Pretty good so far. I definitely feel like this season is showing more promise than S2 did, although I still feel like I will forever miss the aesthetic, feel and Joe-centeredness of S1.

I very much like that they're not going to have Gordon just waste away within the walls of Mutiny. Clearly he's about to break away from that shit, as he should. But the question is whether or not he'll team back up with Joe.
I have them(S3)on my on demand channel might watch them today or tommorrow.

Cool. So you finished S2 then?

How did you feel about S2 compared to S1?
Season 2 got a little wacky but it made Joe feel less like a sociopath and made cameron and donna better characters. All the shenanigans at mutiny also kept things interesting. I kept hearing cotton hill everytime toby huss talked.

Season 2 got a little wacky but it made Joe feel less like a sociopath and made cameron and donna better characters. All the shenanigans at mutiny also kept things interesting. I kept hearing cotton hill everytime toby huss talked.

Here are my biggest problems with S2:

1. Joe gets pushed aside for the women. In my view, Joe is THE star of the show. He's the guy we can't take our eyes off of. But in S2, they decide that Cameron and Donna need to be the main characters (which was spurred on largely by one of the writers' wives, from what I understand). Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with Mutiny and I think it's an interesting plot line for the girls, but does it need to be the main focus of the show?

2. They didn't know WHAT the fuck they were doing with Gordon in S2. Everything with him sucks. The cocaine, the illness, the infidelity, all that is bullshit and should've never happened.

3. Donna basically extorting Gordon for money was stupid and made Donna look like a fucking bitch.

But with all that said, I did still enjoy the season overall. It's not that I thought it was bad television--it was still better than most shows that were on--it's just that I thought it was a disappointing follow-up to what I thought was a GREAT first season. It was impossible for me to not miss the dim, fluorescently-lit offices of Cardiff Electric.

Like I said, I think that Season 3 is starting strong though and I'm curious to see where they go with it. Can it match S1? I don't know about that. But I do feel like it's going to be better than S2.

How did you think S2 compares to S1?
I binge watched S1 and S2 but I didn't have time to really dissect or over-analyze everything. I loved both seasons but S1 was definitely way better for me. Whatever flaws S2 had, I kinda overlooked it because of the nature of how I watched it.

I binge watched S1 and S2 but I didn't have time to really dissect or over-analyze everything. I loved both seasons but S1 was definitely way better for me. Whatever flaws S2 had, I kinda overlooked it because of the nature of how I watched it.

Indeed. Well that makes sense. I loved S1 and thought S2 was pretty good but nothing more.

I'm hopeful about S3. I think we're off to a good start. I also think it's going to be the final season. S2 and S3 only got greenlit by their skin of their teeth and I high suspect that this will be the end. That's all good, though. Three seasons isn't a bad run.

I thought season two was fairly flat compared to the first.

Watched ep 3 last night.

Great season so far. I'm really . . . I want to say PROUD of these guys for pulling out of whatever hole they had gotten into in S2. I now feel confident that this show will go down as one of my favorites of all time.

Jesus, starting to feel like I'm talking to my fucking self in here.

Good ep 5. That moment when it looks like Joe has AIDS was pretty fucked up. I was like, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That would've been SUCH a stupid direction to go in. But I'm guessing that his smile at the end meant the results were negative.

Still watching it but the first five episodes of Halt and Catch Fire season 3 is kind of a letdown. It's more focused on angsty character moments rather than plot-driven. I'm sure it'll get more exciting near the season finale but for now, it feels a bit directionless and they're just stretching it with squabbles and conflicts.

Still watching it but the first five episodes of season 3 is kind of a letdown. It's more focused on angsty character moments rather than plot-driven. I'm sure it'll get more exciting near the season finale but for now, it feels a bit directionless and they're just stretching it with squabbles and conflicts.

Interesting. I haven't thought about it like that.

It's a bit if a slow burn, but after Season 2 this is feeling like a big step up. I have enjoyed it quite a bit.

I think Gordon's about to make his break from Mutiny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back