Halt And Catch Fire (Season 4)

Yeah, started S2 yesterday. Didn't see the coke fiend arc coming. lol

Yeah, it's a strange twist. I have my own thoughts about S2, both positive and negative, but I definitely don't want to spoil anything so I'll keep quiet for now.

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts as you go through the show, though.

Started on HALT AND CATCH FIRE season 2 episode 4. Glad John Bosworth is still alive. I had a feeling he was going to commit suicide after episode 3 where he gave the car to his son. I'm in love with Kerry Bishe.

To those that still remember season 1, who was responsible for sending those cops to beat up Joe McMillan? Was it John or Nathan? Thanks.

Bishe, please.

I completely forgot this show existed.

That's a shame. It's a good show.

You still have time to get caught up before Season 3 starts.
i actually binged watched the first seven episodes in two days. i plan to finish season 2 by the season 3 premiere august 23 rd.

i actually binged watched the first seven episodes in two days. i plan to finish season 2 by the season 3 premiere august 23 rd.

The first seven eps of Season 2? Or did you just start the show?

Season 1 but I can watch the rest by the time season 3 premieres. Might watch the rest of season 1 in the next 3 hours.

Oh cool. I'm happy to hear that. This show needs all the support it can get.

What do you think of Season 1 so far?

Oh cool. I'm happy to hear that. This show needs all the support it can get.

What do you think of Season 1 so far?
It has kept my attention it is higher paced than I expected.normally I binge 10 episode shows in about 7 days and this i'm doing this one in three.

It has kept my attention it is higher paced than I expected.normally I binge 10 episode shows in about 7 days and this i'm doing this one in three.

Nice.

I feel like I should warn you that, in my opinion at least, S2 doesn't quite have the same punch as S1. But it's still good.

I'd be interested in hearing your full S1 thoughts once you're done.

I liked season 1. I was a bit meh on season 2 though, felt a bit aimless, it didn't seem like they were building up to some kind of objective/progression.

I liked season 1. I was a bit meh on season 2 though, felt a bit aimless, it didn't seem like they were building up to some kind of objective/progression.

The problem with season 2, in my opinion, is that they shifted away from Joe and took Gordon's storyline in a very retarded direction. Joe is the STAR of the show and they just took it and handed it off to the women.

I'm really hoping that S3 will at least be more balanced. Not quite sure what to think of the S3 promo posted above.

HCF S3 scores are in!

Rotten Tomatoes: 91%
Metacritic: 79%

A few comments from the critics:

Halt and Catch Fire--despite its frayed edges and a few humdrum subplots--has taken that mantra [“Good is the enemy of great”] to heart this year, approaching a status that reaches, and frequently surpasses, greatness.

It would be easy for all this reinvention to feel jarring, or like Halt desperately racing from one idea to the next because the last one ran out of steam. But each transition has felt natural, earned, and of a piece with what came before.

This is a show that merges a gorgeous aesthetic with grounded storytelling, that talks about big-picture ideas while never betraying its core characters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back