Halt And Catch Fire (Season 4)

Finally! Something exciting is happening. Thank God douchey Shaggy finally made his move, the show had little movement before that. Can't wait to see Gordon take over or whatever they have in store for this twist.

Finally! Something exciting is happening. Thank God douchey Shaggy finally made his move, the show had little movement before that. Can't wait to see Gordon take over or whatever they have in store for this twist.

LOL. Damn man, I really have enjoyed this season and have not thought it was bad. A slow burn maybe, but an enjoyable one.

But yeah, it was a good twist. We'll see what happens. One thing I have been happy about is that Joe and Gordon's story line's have seemed way more substantial this season than last season, and that's about to get ramped up.

LOL. Damn man, I really have enjoyed this season and have not thought it was bad. A slow burn maybe, but an enjoyable one.

But yeah, it was a good twist. We'll see what happens. One thing I have been happy about is that Joe and Gordon's story line's have seemed way more substantial this season than last season, and that's about to get ramped up.
Just to clarify, I don't think season 3 is bad. I'm enjoying it (but not that much). I'm just pointing out the deliberate dragginess of the show which is common in most cable dramas.

This week's episode was fantastic.

Sure, there was over-the-top drama, but it had purpose and everything moved forward.

Really looking forward to next week.

I'm still on episode 7. Best episode of the season so far.

I love how they portrayed Cameron and Donna's relationship falling apart and how they gave both sides valid reasons for their way of thinking. I can see both sides of the argument. I also liked how both parties really tried to repair their relationship but it still lead up to a major blowout with all their grievances against each other come to the surface. I can completely relate.

Ryan messed up big time. He can't be trusted. Joe knows this and will push him out eventually. I know Joe withheld information to Ryan to protect him from the board but in retrospect, Joe should have talked to Ryan extensively about his plans to give him some assurance.

R.I.P Huntercreed ,happy trees 4 ever
tumblr_nif0ymeGe21tgisego1_500.gif

Ep 8 was a downer. The writers seem to like to push their seasons to endings where everything is falling apart for everybody. The whole bit about Cameron being pushed out of the company--especially with so little fanfare, just one minute she's running the shit and the next she's out and packing for Japan--just doesn't sit right with me. It's a head-scratcher. And now Joe and Gordon are having trouble moving forward with their project?

I'm hoping they're going to rebound with the last two eps and end on a positive note, especially considering that this is probably the last season we're going to get.

Update: October 10, 2016

HALT AND CATCH FIRE Renewed for Fourth and Final Season

Halt-and-Catch-Fire-101016-Dragonlord.jpg

AMC has renewed period drama Halt and Catch Fire for a fourth and final season. The renewal comes one night before AMC airs back to back episodes for the show’s season-three finale.

“We are so proud of ‘Halt and Catch Fire’ – a true passion project – and thank the critics and fans who have embraced this unique program,” said Charlie Collier, president of AMC, SundanceTV and AMC Studios.

“Congratulations and thanks to creators and showrunners Christopher Cantwell and Christopher C. Rogers and to Halt’s enormously talented writing team, producers, cast and crew. It is our great pleasure to renew this project for a fourth and final season, so we can all tune in to see if Cameron, Donna and the rest of the gang turn Swap Meet into eBay, Amazon or Facebook.”

Executive produced by Cantwell and Rogers, Halt and Catch Fire is an ensemble drama set in the 1980s technology industry against the rise of the personal computer. It stars Lee Pace, Scoot McNairy, Kerry Bishé, Mackenzie Davis, and Toby Huss. Halt and Catch Fire failed to catch on with viewers in a significant way, but was considered a strong creative effort within AMC.

The fourth and final season will consist of 10 episodes.

‘Halt and Catch Fire’ Renewed for Fourth and Final Season at AMC

Are you fucking serious? Damn, that sucks.

How did this news make its way back to Sherdog?

Some people here knew his real name and info. Also a friend of his started posting here after he died

Update: October 10, 2016

HALT AND CATCH FIRE Renewed for Fourth and Final Season

Halt-and-Catch-Fire-101016-Dragonlord.jpg

AMC has renewed period drama Halt and Catch Fire for a fourth and final season. The renewal comes one night before AMC airs back to back episodes for the show’s season-three finale.

“We are so proud of ‘Halt and Catch Fire’ – a true passion project – and thank the critics and fans who have embraced this unique program,” said Charlie Collier, president of AMC, SundanceTV and AMC Studios.

“Congratulations and thanks to creators and showrunners Christopher Cantwell and Christopher C. Rogers and to Halt’s enormously talented writing team, producers, cast and crew. It is our great pleasure to renew this project for a fourth and final season, so we can all tune in to see if Cameron, Donna and the rest of the gang turn Swap Meet into eBay, Amazon or Facebook.”

Executive produced by Cantwell and Rogers, Halt and Catch Fire is an ensemble drama set in the 1980s technology industry against the rise of the personal computer. It stars Lee Pace, Scoot McNairy, Kerry Bishé, Mackenzie Davis, and Toby Huss. Halt and Catch Fire failed to catch on with viewers in a significant way, but was considered a strong creative effort within AMC.

The fourth and final season will consist of 10 episodes.

‘Halt and Catch Fire’ Renewed for Fourth and Final Season at AMC

@shadow_priest_x @Loiosh

HO! LY! SHIT!

I can't fucking believe it. I was just SURE that we would not get another season.

That's good news. Four seasons is enough. Can't complain about that.

Ep 8 was a downer. The writers seem to like to push their seasons to endings where everything is falling apart for everybody. The whole bit about Cameron being pushed out of the company--especially with so little fanfare, just one minute she's running the shit and the next she's out and packing for Japan--just doesn't sit right with me. It's a head-scratcher. And now Joe and Gordon are having trouble moving forward with their project?

I'm hoping they're going to rebound with the last two eps and end on a positive note, especially considering that this is probably the last season we're going to get.
Yeah, hopefully they'll give the main characters some happy ending at the end of the series.

Mack - creator of eBay

Donna - creator of Amazon

Gordon - creator of Google

Joe - creator of iPhone/iPad

Bos - creator of the UFC

Anyone watch the finale?

It felt more like the opener of season 4 with the time jump. Donna really feels like the antagonist now, but I wonder if some viewers don't see it that way. One reason I like this show is because the relationships between the characters feel real and multi-faceted and echo some of the relationships i've had in my own life. I relate more to Gordon and Cameron as the creative part of the equation but i've also known people who have a Donna mentality and are sympathetic to that point of view. But she's also set apart from the other characters greatly by the end of the episode, she's divorced from Gordon, Cameron tells her off, and she never was really deeply connected to Joe, so it seems like whatever she'll be doing in season 4 will be at odds with the 3 others.

Predictions for the series finale
Joe: Dead
Gordon: Dead
Donna: Emotionally Dead
Cameron: Alive

Anyone watch the finale?

It felt more like the opener of season 4 with the time jump. Donna really feels like the antagonist now, but I wonder if some viewers don't see it that way. One reason I like this show is because the relationships between the characters feel real and multi-faceted and echo some of the relationships i've had in my own life. I relate more to Gordon and Cameron as the creative part of the equation but i've also known people who have a Donna mentality and are sympathetic to that point of view. But she's also set apart from the other characters greatly by the end of the episode, she's divorced from Gordon, Cameron tells her off, and she never was really deeply connected to Joe, so it seems like whatever she'll be doing in season 4 will be at odds with the 3 others.

Yes, and I really enjoyed it.

Donna is absolutely going to be the antagonist, in fact, she always was. Her approach has always been short-sighted and selfish, hindering the creative geniuses who were carrying her. Now, she's going to take all the information they gave her about the new vision and try and beat them to the punch. And she'll fail, because she isn't a genius, and isn't the businesswoman she thinks she is.

Also: Cameron and Gordon belong together.

Yes, and I really enjoyed it.

Donna is absolutely going to be the antagonist, in fact, she always was. Her approach has always been short-sighted and selfish, hindering the creative geniuses who were carrying her. Now, she's going to take all the information they gave her about the new vision and try and beat them to the punch. And she'll fail, because she isn't a genius, and isn't the businesswoman she thinks she is.

Also: Cameron and Gordon belong together.

What do you mean belong together? Like romantically? I'm not sure about Donna failing next season. I hope the writers are more nuanced than that. That would be boring.

Halt and Catch Fire season 3 finale (spoilers)

Pleasantly surprised about the time jump. Felt like I was watching a season premiere. Normally don't like to time jump but that storyline was going nowhere and it would have been really depressing to follow knowing what we know now about the fall of Mutiny, Joe's guilt trip and Gordon & Donna's divorce.

Loved episode 9, it made you pay extra attention to every details, trying to piece together what happened to everybody. Love Joe & Cam's fun time at Comdex, shame they had to ruin it by sleeping together.

Felt bad for Donna for leaving the project when she was the one who thought of the idea and brought everyone back together. Hope she finds major success in some other project in season 10.

One of my favorite moments in season 3 is the times when Gordon & Cam would just hang out and play video games.

Anyone watch the finale?

We have the same comment on the time jump. :)

I'm siding with Donna. Not because I share the same mentality as Donna but because I find Cameron to be too erratic, irrational at times, and too emotional (unstable). Donna also has numerous great qualities. Mutiny would have imploded a long time ago if it weren't for her. Plus I find her very attractive.

Back