Halt And Catch Fire (Season 4)

Halt and Catch Fire S3 to Premiere on Aug. 23!

wpid-500.jpg

Halt and Catch Fire, AMC's consistently entertaining, detail-obsessive '80s period drama, will return for its third season on August 23rd. The season's first two episodes will air back-to-back beginning at 9PM ET.

Halt and Catch Fire's third season will see the show moving from Texas to Silicon Valley for its 10-episode run. Last season, the series largely followed Cameron and Donna's attempts to get their online games company, Mutiny, off the ground. Although the show sometimes seemed uncomfortable in the startup world, given the first season's exploration of the slightly stodgier Cardiff Electric, it remained innovative and well-crafted.

"If season one was a tale of the corporate boardroom and season two chronicled a start-up, season three is about the perils of a promising young company striving to join the ranks of the winners whose names still define the competitive landscape of Silicon Valley," showrunners Christopher Cantwell and Christopher C. Rogers said in a statement. "Whereas Mutiny was once a rag-tag group of young coders full of limitless potential, the company now finds itself squarely in its adolescence, striving for corporate adulthood in a strange land where its future is far from guaranteed."

I really need to catch up on this show. Finished S1 but coulnt' find S2 anywhere to watch.

There's this little site . . . maybe you've heard of it . . . it's called Netflix.
Dooood, it's on netflix? I was watching it on a place for popcorn. lol ok, watching tonight. haha

Dooood, it's on netflix? I was watching it on a place for popcorn. lol ok, watching tonight. haha

Ha, S2's been on there for a minute now.

BTW, I have to say, if you're having that hard of a time finding eps of mainstream shows like HCF, you gotta up your location game bro. . .

Season 1 was a good setup season for the show but Season 2 was totally kickass and they definitely found their groove within that season. Can't wait for Season 3.

Season 1 was a good setup season for the show but Season 2 was totally kickass and they definitely found their groove within that season. Can't wait for Season 3.

I have to say, I 100% disagree. Season 1 was only a step or two behind masterful. The pilot is still one of the best pilots I've seen for any show . . . ever.

But Season 2 failed in some ways to live up to the promise of S1. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it, but as I said earlier in this thread, if S1 was an 8.5/10 then S2 was more of a 7/10. I LOVED S1, but only LIKED S2.

wpid-500.jpg

Halt and Catch Fire, AMC's consistently entertaining, detail-obsessive '80s period drama, will return for its third season on August 23rd. The season's first two episodes will air back-to-back beginning at 9PM ET.

Halt and Catch Fire's third season will see the show moving from Texas to Silicon Valley for its 10-episode run. Last season, the series largely followed Cameron and Donna's attempts to get their online games company, Mutiny, off the ground. Although the show sometimes seemed uncomfortable in the startup world, given the first season's exploration of the slightly stodgier Cardiff Electric, it remained innovative and well-crafted.

"If season one was a tale of the corporate boardroom and season two chronicled a start-up, season three is about the perils of a promising young company striving to join the ranks of the winners whose names still define the competitive landscape of Silicon Valley," showrunners Christopher Cantwell and Christopher C. Rogers said in a statement. "Whereas Mutiny was once a rag-tag group of young coders full of limitless potential, the company now finds itself squarely in its adolescence, striving for corporate adulthood in a strange land where its future is far from guaranteed."

^^^ Bumping for my HCF peeps.

wpid-500.jpg

Looking forward to season 3.

Looking forward to season 3.

Me as well.

Personally, I thought that S1 was very close to excellent. S2, on the other hand, was simply pretty good (but flawed) entertainment.

S3 is pivotal in my opinion. What happens here is going to have a lot to do with how I look at the show as a whole. Is it to be a show that had one great season and then tapered off, or is it be something greater than that? I dare not hope that S3 will be as good as S1, but I do hope that it is better than what we got last season.

Regardless of what happens though, I'm looking forward to the show's (and the characters') return to my life. It will always be a special show for me. The pilot is one of the best pilots that I've ever seen. And the opening credit sequence achieves a flawless victory.

Back