Halt And Catch Fire (Season 4)

Kind of a random time for this thread to pop back up, but I'm glad it has. This series hasn't gotten NEARLY enough love. Praise be to AMC for renewing it for a second season despite the lackluster ratings.

It's a shame that not many SDers seem to love one of the best shows on television.

I'm watching it now so i bumped it.
It's good so far, at episode 5.

I'm watching it now so i bumped it.
It's good so far, at episode 5.

Good deal. If you've gotten to ep 5 and are enjoying it, you should enjoy the rest of the ride. That period in computing history is pretty fascinating to me--it was a very exciting time in technology and got us to where we are today--and it's interesting how they took a series of real-life events and fictionalized them and made them their own.

Can't wait for season 2 to start up.

Finished season 1 today.
Joe MacMillan is a vile piece of shit imo.
Just can't see any redemption for the character.

Pretty good success story.

Thousands like this in the 1980s pretty much during the pc boom.

Will watch S2.

i liked the show.
some interesting characters in it, and some characters, like Bosworth, really evolved in front of our eyes after the first impression he gave when first introduced.

Finished season 1 today.
Joe MacMillan is a vile piece of shit imo.
Just can't see any redemption for the character.

I think he's a complicated guy with a questionable moral foundation, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him unredeemable. I think he's the sort of dude who has a hurricane raging within himself. Sometimes that causes him to do things that put others are harm for his own selfish reasons, but I think deep down there's a decent person in there.

This was just recently added to Netflix so for anyone who hasn't seen it, get on that shit!

This was just recently added to Netflix so for anyone who hasn't seen it, get on that shit!

I'm going to binge this and Turn as a refresher before I get into the new seasons. Both great shows.

I'm going to binge this and Turn as a refresher before I get into the new seasons. Both great shows.

I just started re-watching HCF a couple of nights ago. This is the first time I've ever taken the time to rewatch a TV show but I am intent on being ready when May 31 rolls around!

Lol at hoping this show turns into breaking bad

Hope is not a plan

Liked s2e2.
I like the idea of Joe's redemption.

Lost interest after seeing him burn Down those pc's but now i think he was just wrestling with his demons.

Also i love the ending scene where he threw the Cocaine away.
He doesn't need it anymore cause he's back on track with his passion.

Also hi shadow priest. I think you might be the only one here. Well maybe another 1 or 2 here and there.

Liked s2e2.
I like the idea of Joe's redemption.

Lost interest after seeing him burn Down those pc's but now i think he was just wrestling with his demons.

Also i love the ending scene where he threw the Cocaine away.
He doesn't need it anymore cause he's back on track with his passion.

Also hi shadow priest. I think you might be the only one here. Well maybe another 1 or 2 here and there.

Hello hello! Ha ha, yeah, sadly I don't think there are a whole lot of us watching this show. There are a handful of shows that are that way--great shows, but they just don't become one of the major shows in pop culture and here on SD just don't get a lot of attention. Another good example of this is The Knick on Cinemax. Even though I love GoT, it's a shame that threads on that show can go on for hundreds and hundreds of posts but HCF can't even seem to make it to the first hundred.

As for as my thoughts on S2. . .

I've enjoyed the first couple of episodes, but I can't escape the fact that something doesn't feel quite right. The whole tone and feel of the show has shifted.

Gordon has a full head of hair and some weird out-of-nowhere coke problem? Joe is living in suburbia and supposedly getting married? Cardiff is being sold off and NONE of the main characters are associated with the company anymore?

This is not to mention the visual look of the show. I fell in love with the dim fluorescent lighting and muted tones of the first season. Now there's a bunch of fucking sunlight and bright colors everywhere.

I know this is coming across as overly negative. I don't mean it to be. I am enjoying this season so far. I am just a little disappointed that what was for me a strong 8.5 kind of TV show is now more like a 7. I'm hoping that changes as the season progresses.

In any case, I can at least say this: The show's pilot episode blew me the fuck away and is still one of the very best television episodes I've seen in my life. And the intro--both visually and sonically--is a work of art.

Lol at hoping this show turns into breaking bad

Hope is not a plan

Turns into Breaking Bad? I haven't heard of such a hope.

I have heard people say it reminds them of Mad Men and that they think AMC hopes it will be the next Mad Men. But never Breaking Bad.

Turns into Breaking Bad? I haven't heard of such a hope.

I have heard people say it reminds them of Mad Men and that they think AMC hopes it will be the next Mad Men. But never Breaking Bad.

see post #35, Huntercreed said that AMC is hoping the slow growth of this show turns into Breaking Bad like success

One of my top 5 favorite shows right now.

S2 premier showed a lot of promise. I haven't seen E2 yet, but...

I'm hoping they're building toward the team getting back together.

Glad to see Bosworth is back, but that makes it seem like MacMillan will be no part of mutiny, because Bosworth probably wants to murder him.

Back