Gym Idiots v10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw something similar the other day but a guy was doing it with squats had something really stupid like 5-600 and wasn't it even making it to 1/4 squats. The really odd part was after that he went back to like 250 and did proper full range squats.

Actually what he's probably doing is some sort of heavy isometric training (i dont know if that's the term) but the purpose of that is to 1) strengthen tendons/ligaments 2) stimulate CNS with weights MUCH heavier than one can handle so that when they go back to their regular weights, it feels lighter. Now i don't know if there is any scientific basis but i do implement this once a while on my recover days, and I THINK it actually helps.

P.S : Ya'll watch men too hard

P.S : Ya'll watch men too hard

I assure you, when I am going to the gym I am watching the women 4x harder than the men.

Very cute new girl at the counter this week. Shame I have a "don't shit where you eat" rule.

I assure you, when I am going to the gym I am watching the women 4x harder than the men.

Very cute new girl at the counter this week. Shame I have a "don't shit where you eat" excuse.

fixed that for you.

Never seen anyone do so many curls before. He had his music on full blast, I could even hear his music from the other side of the room even with the gym's music being loud. First off went to get some db's and started doing some curls, then some concentration curls and then he went to the fixed barbell rack, picked up a barbell and did some more curls. I was then doing my set and and did'nt think anymore of it. While benching I could hear his music coming closer, he walked behind me, while thinking he was going to do something productive and go to the dip station, he ended going to the squat rack and started to curl, put about 5kg over each side. I could hear him huffing and puffing. When he finished he walked back and grabbed a fixed barbell and started doing even more curls which looked about 30kg, the same weight as he used in the squat rack. He then did some cable curls. After that a superset of curls with cable push down's and about one set of db overhead tricep extensioms, some db bicep curls and did about one set on some machine and left.

That guy sounds like a Champ.

Man, throwback. I had totally forgotten about that guy. I wonder how he's doing?

My buddy: watch this guy on the bench, he's going to get buried.

Before I know it I'm booking it over to this guy with a bar over his face.

I also heard a story tonight about one of our guys. Some dude was on the bench, and our guy asked how many the bencher had left, he said two or three more. Our guy asked if he could work in, bencher responded he just had 2 or 3 more. So he stood five feet away from this guy staring at him bench. At some point bencher gets stuck on his chest. Our guy keeps staring as some curler runs over to get the bar off him. As the bencher starts to leave the gym, our guy calls out to him "it didn't have to be like this".

I don't normally enjoy this thread but.... that was hilarious.

fixed that for you.

Amusing, but no. When you are a white foreigner in Thailand who speaks reasonably fluent Thai and earns more in a day than the average Thai makes in a month, you can get very hot (non-working) girls extremely easily. When it is so easy, you can afford to think about things like whether you want to make your gym experience less pleasant by having an ex at the counter.

And just in general, "don't shit where you eat" is a good rule.

Amusing, but no. When you are a white foreigner in Thailand who speaks reasonably fluent Thai and earns more in a day than the average Thai makes in a month, you can get very hot (non-working) girls extremely easily. When it is so easy, you can afford to think about things like whether you want to make your gym experience less pleasant by having an ex at the counter.

95% of the Asian women I see with white guys are on the ugly side. But maybe its different in Thailand.

I was the idiot today. While doing snatch grip high pulls, I pulled too high (shitty form from being tired) and nailed myself in the chin with the bar.

At least I know I can take a solid upper cut and not go down :icon_sad:

I was the idiot today. While doing snatch grip high pulls, I pulled too high (shitty form from being tired) and nailed myself in the chin with the bar.

I did this a number of times with (power) cleans, including at least twice in the teeth, one time my lip bled.

Considered myself an idiot the first couple of times times; hoped nobody had seen it. Probably everyone did, since in my gym olympic lifting is already a rare spectacle.

Last time I just laughed it off. Wonder how heavy the bar needs to be to knock myself out. Maybe I should bring a mouthguard... or a motorcycle helmet.

At least I know I can take a solid upper cut and not go down :icon_sad:

I've let the bar get away from me during cleans and have cracked myself in the jaw several time.

I've noticed this strange guy at my gym who just walks around and rarely does anything. I might be quick to judge but he might be a little "off" in the head but heres what I've seen; walks around wearing a weight belt with a backpack, never really does any exercise, has Dre Beats on the entire time of all headphones, half time the time just stares at the mirrors and the other half stares at dudes working out in a creepy manner.

Have you ever met Tim Sharky?

Have you ever met Tim Sharky?

Maybe Jaunty IS Tim Sharky!
keanu-meme.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back