Gym Idiots v10

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a guy wearing cowboy boots working out today. He was doing all upper body, so I suppose it didn't matter, but still...fucking cowboy boots.

There was a guy wearing cowboy boots working out today. He was doing all upper body, so I suppose it didn't matter, but still...fucking cowboy boots.

The tall heel and relative lack of sole would probably be a nice platform for high bar squatting.

Lol. I squat in a pair of Ariats. Don't have lifting shoes yet and the heel helps immensely.

Actually what he's probably doing is some sort of heavy isometric training (i dont know if that's the term) but the purpose of that is to 1) strengthen tendons/ligaments 2) stimulate CNS with weights MUCH heavier than one can handle so that when they go back to their regular weights, it feels lighter. Now i don't know if there is any scientific basis but i do implement this once a while on my recover days, and I THINK it actually helps.

P.S : Ya'll watch men too hard

Yes, supermax partials are a thing.

As long as you're doing them deliberately and you don't THINK that you're doing a full rep.

There is a guy at my gym that spends about 20 min after every workout flexing in the mirror. He does this in the locker room wearing nothing but briefs.

There is a guy at my gym that spends about 20 min after every workout flexing in the mirror. He does this in the locker room wearing nothing but briefs.

You go to the same gym as Jason Genova?

10wk4t3.jpg

There was a guy the other day with the front of his shorts tucked into his underwear (exposing the entirety of his quads) doing hack squats. At first I thought he had lifted them up so they wouldn't catch on his lower thigh/knee as he squatted.

He proceeded to walk around the gym like that for over an hour. Going to the water fountain, doing dumbbell work, etc. This same guy spends about 30 minutes per day working on his poses...and he's at least 2 solid years of work away from belonging in any sort of bodybuilding/fitness competition.

There was a guy the other day with the front of his shorts tucked into his underwear (exposing the entirety of his quads) doing hack squats. At first I thought he had lifted them up so they wouldn't catch on his lower thigh/knee as he squatted.

He proceeded to walk around the gym like that for over an hour. Going to the water fountain, doing dumbbell work, etc. This same guy spends about 30 minutes per day working on his poses...and he's at least 2 solid years of work away from belonging in any sort of bodybuilding/fitness competition.

Typical bad habit of Muay Thai practitioners, where they always kick bags n spar with MT shorts tucked into underwear. I myself guilty of doing that after squat too, as it felt so natural.

Cowboy Cerrone?

What would be considered worse?

Full ROM squat in the smith machine?

or

Half Squats in a squat rack?

What would be considered worse?

Full ROM squat in the smith machine?

or

Half Squats in a squat rack?

Half squats in a squat rack. Do whatever the fuck you want in the smith machine, don't take up a squat rack to do bullshit.

Yesterday I was doing dynamic rows at the lifting platform and had a kid come over and start doing calf raises on it while I was lifiting. On top of that he had taken the bar from one of the two squat racks. He also only had a set of 10lb plates on the bar too

Today I saw a big black dude deadlifting 100 kilos in a smith machine, doing grunt noises and violently dropping the bar each rep. Why, just why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back