Gym Idiots v10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miaou our resident cripple had one at his gym for awhile. I guess this is slowly becoming a thing.

I was really, really, really, perplexingly, almost comically angry. I was ready to commit a couple of felonies.
I just dipped out, it was too much and i got what i needed out of my workout prior. If i had come about 45 minutes later than I did, i would have definitely kicked the shit out of someone or died trying

If he's there next time please take a video, it sounds hilarious but also really fucking annoying.

I definitely will.
I snapped a couple of pictures, and i was thinking of taking a video, but the place was packed, and i didn't want it to seem like i was enjoying what was going on one bit.

One of those moments of paranoid insecurity you have, then 30 seconds later you're in your car thinking "i should have taken a video".

The big question is, was everyone else enjoying it ?

You know, I don't think that place has ever been more uncomfortable, except for a week or two when we were invaded by GI faux-fitters. Id say 90% of the people were ignoring the loud, blistering music overwhelming their thoughts.

Sounds fucking awesome, did he have a smoke machine and laser strobe lights?

Today I saw my first ever siting of one of the all-time gym classics- the guy who loads every 45lb plate in the gym onto the leg press machine and that proceeds to leg press without about 20 degrees of movement in the knee joint and about 6" of ROM. I guess everyone but me has seen this- I wonder what other classics I have't seen yet?

Today I saw my first ever siting of one of the all-time gym classics- the guy who loads every 45lb plate in the gym onto the leg press machine and that proceeds to leg press without about 20 degrees of movement in the knee joint and about 6" of ROM. I guess everyone but me has seen this- I wonder what other classics I have't seen yet?

You can think of as a beginning to a beautiful journey of gym idiots.

I have to say that I'm surprised by the people at my gym. There aren't much bad form reps or anything. Lot of the people squat to proper depth and there's not that many round back deadlifts. Also I haven't noticed anyone curling on the squat either anymore.

Wonder what Captain Kirk and his trusty 45 (plate) would think of DJs in the gym.

What I wouldnt do to see him losing his shit, set up shop at the plate tree and start dropping people.

Things seen this week.

Guy lifting with sunglasses on the whole time.

HUGE guy deadlifting in the smith machine.

I front squat, and this has led to some people trying to front squat too, but just through watching me and guessing how to do the movement. If I see someone front squat immediately after I've done them (that way I'm pretty certain they're doing it because I just did) then I will try and offer some help, but generally it doesn't work. This week someone tried front squatting whilst holding the weight in the exact same position you'd finish a bicep curl - palms facing them, forearms vertical.

Not sure whether this one is idiocy or not, mixed grip shrugs in the smith machine? Does it really help your grip that much? It can't do, as one person I saw doing it ended up just gripping with their fingertips (mixed grip still) for one of their sets.

Never seen anyone do so many curls before. He had his music on full blast, I could even hear his music from the other side of the room even with the gym's music being loud. First off went to get some db's and started doing some curls, then some concentration curls and then he went to the fixed barbell rack, picked up a barbell and did some more curls. I was then doing my set and and did'nt think anymore of it. While benching I could hear his music coming closer, he walked behind me, while thinking he was going to do something productive and go to the dip station, he ended going to the squat rack and started to curl, put about 5kg over each side. I could hear him huffing and puffing. When he finished he walked back and grabbed a fixed barbell and started doing even more curls which looked about 30kg, the same weight as he used in the squat rack. He then did some cable curls. After that a superset of curls with cable push down's and about one set of db overhead tricep extensioms, some db bicep curls and did about one set on some machine and left.

There was a DJ at my gym earlier this week

Wtf.

Had some random guy come up to me in between sets of squats and give me a lecture on why it's dangerous for me to be squatting without a belt. My response was "yeah, uh huh, thx". I then proceeded to finish squatting without a belt. I wear headphones so I can listen to music AND so I don't have to listen to stupid people talk. It really pissed me off when some idiot decides it's his duty to coach me on some shit like wearing a belt.

Never seen anyone do so many curls before. He had his music on full blast, I could even hear his music from the other side of the room even with the gym's music being loud. First off went to get some db's and started doing some curls, then some concentration curls and then he went to the fixed barbell rack, picked up a barbell and did some more curls. I was then doing my set and and did'nt think anymore of it. While benching I could hear his music coming closer, he walked behind me, while thinking he was going to do something productive and go to the dip station, he ended going to the squat rack and started to curl, put about 5kg over each side. I could hear him huffing and puffing. When he finished he walked back and grabbed a fixed barbell and started doing even more curls which looked about 30kg, the same weight as he used in the squat rack. He then did some cable curls. After that a superset of curls with cable push down's and about one set of db overhead tricep extensioms, some db bicep curls and did about one set on some machine and left.

Sounds like a Motley Cr

For some reason people like to come and stand unreasonably close to me when I'm doing standing OHP. I fear that one day I will smack a funboy in the head with the barbell during the downward motion.

For some reason people like to come and stand unreasonably close to me when I'm doing standing OHP. I fear that one day I will smack a funboy in the head with the barbell during the downward motion.

That's annoying as hell, I've had to stop in a middle of a set several time cause of this, but now I'm past caring and carry on with the set.

I saw something similar the other day but a guy was doing it with squats had something really stupid like 5-600 and wasn't it even making it to 1/4 squats. The really odd part was after that he went back to like 250 and did proper full range squats.

k4uj2c.jpg

#thestruggle

My buddy: watch this guy on the bench, he's going to get buried.

Before I know it I'm booking it over to this guy with a bar over his face.

I also heard a story tonight about one of our guys. Some dude was on the bench, and our guy asked how many the bencher had left, he said two or three more. Our guy asked if he could work in, bencher responded he just had 2 or 3 more. So he stood five feet away from this guy staring at him bench. At some point bencher gets stuck on his chest. Our guy keeps staring as some curler runs over to get the bar off him. As the bencher starts to leave the gym, our guy calls out to him "it didn't have to be like this".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back