Gym Idiots v10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Naudi hadn't cancelled his account, so he could be here laughing at us monkeys about how this is proof that he's making it, changing the world, etc.

And I wish Gotti would be here to tell him to can it.

I think it was probably me being the gym idiot last time... I was trying to improvise a glute ham raise machine. I made a passable effort out of a smith machine and a few benches, but i got some very strange looks

I got the same reaction when I used to seated calf raise. Not quite as bad as when I walked through the gym with my singlet, though.

You know, Naudi does train a few fighters who are in the UFC now. Does anyone here know what their performance has been like since he took over their coaching? Legit question. He has an attitude/God complex, which makes me dislike him as a person, but asides from that I don't know how his fighters actually do.

You know, Naudi does train a few fighters who are in the UFC now. Does anyone here know what their performance has been like since he took over their coaching? Legit question. He has an attitude/God complex, which makes me dislike him as a person, but asides from that I don't know how his fighters actually do.

Their results have been mentioned a few times - by Oblivian maybe? Apparently they're pretty bad.

I saw my first squat rack curler today. In the only squat rack at my gym. He was curling a whopping 85 lbs. There are fixed barbells at that weight and plenty of mirror space on the other side of the room, but nope, gotta take up the only rack. At least he was done by the time i finished warming up.

I saw my first squat rack curler today. In the only squat rack at my gym. He was curling a whopping 85 lbs. There are fixed barbells at that weight and plenty of mirror space on the other side of the room, but nope, gotta take up the only rack. At least he was done by the time i finished warming up.

My gym is full of guys that will take the fixed-weight EZ bars over to the rack to curl so that they don't have to pick the weight up from the floor each set.

This just from the last two years of these notable fighters' careers. All have trained under the tutelage of Naudi. I can't say for certain if they've been with him for those entire 2 years but from a youtube/google search they've been training with him recently:

Jeremy Stephens 1-3
Chris Leben 1-3
Joey Beltran 2-4-1nc
Reuben Duran 1-3
Justin Lawrence 1-2
Myles Jury 4-0
Dean Lister 1-0(fought once in 4 years against a fighter that was 7-7 at the time)

That's all I could find. Jury seems to be doing ok. He was also doing pretty good before hooking up with the Functional Patterns crew. It's like the blind leading the blind over there.

Last edited:
My gym is full of guys that will take the fixed-weight EZ bars over to the rack to curl so that they don't have to pick the weight up from the floor each set.

I will take an oly bar over fixed weight ez bar every time. I fkn hate ez bars. Don't like the angles. I don't mind picking the damn thing up from the floor though.

Oblivion is a pretty avid better on MMA fights, and IIRC he says he always bets against Naudi's fighters and has been winning money. Ask over in the pub; I'm sure Oblivion has an actual number for win-losses of Naudi trained fighters.

This just from the last two years of these notable fighters' careers. All have trained under the tutelage of Naudi. I can't say for certain if they've been with him for those entire 2 years but from a youtube/google search they've been training with him recently:

Jeremy Stephens 1-3
Chris Leben 1-3
Joey Beltran 2-4-1nc
Reuben Duran 1-3
Justin Lawrence 1-2
Myles Jury 4-0
Dean Lister 1-0(fought once in 4 years against a fighter that was 7-7 at the time)

That's all I could find. Jury seems to be doing ok. He was also doing pretty good before hooking up with the Functional Patterns crew. It's like the blind leading the blind over there.

Chris leben is one of the stiffest fighters i seen or maybe he is awkward with his movement. I can't explain it, he is flexible but yet plods and moves like a caveman.

I never heard of this Naudi fellow until this morning and looked him up on youtube. Now I want a chinese cup penis pump thingie that Naudi is a big proponent of.

Chris leben is one of the stiffest fighters i seen or maybe he is awkward with his movement. I can't explain it, he is flexible but yet plods and moves like a caveman.

I think it's just his "get hit, to hit"- gameplan.

I've seen people's minds explode when they ask me about my diet and I tell them "don't eat sugar; at all".

That's two mind-asplosions from miaou in the span of a few days. What the fuck's in the greek couisine really?

Oblivion is a pretty avid better on MMA fights, and IIRC he says he always bets against Naudi's fighters and has been winning money. Ask over in the pub; I'm sure Oblivion has an actual number for win-losses of Naudi trained fighters.

That's brilliant! I wonder how often Naudi-trained fighters are the betting favourite.

I was showing some friends how to squat and bench on Saturday and I ended up being the gym idiot myself:

1. I was taking a 45 off the rack without noticing there was a 10 in front of it. The 10 landed square on my foot.

2. I forgot to load a 2.5 on one side for my 3RM attempt. Ended up benching an uneven 257.5

That's brilliant! I wonder how often Naudi-trained fighters are the betting favourite.

I was showing some friends how to squat and bench on Saturday and I ended up being the gym idiot myself:

1. I was taking a 45 off the rack without noticing there was a 10 in front of it. The 10 landed square on my foot.

2. I forgot to load a 2.5 on one side for my 3RM attempt. Ended up benching an uneven 257.5

I hope you were wearing your shoes.

Happened at the competition too. Someone deadlifted an uneven 415

I can see your point, Jaunty. It's a valid one.

It's just that I've seen it so many times where people ask for info to reach their goals, when in reality they aren't willing to "sacrifice" anything and are just looking for shortcuts.

I tell everyone... "I will help you, but you're going to fail." Everyone knows the answer is on Google no matter what the question is. If you really give a shit about just generally improving your health and losing the gut, you won't be asking me. Most people already know the answer.. less beer, less shitty food, more vegetables. They just think that people who are stronger and look better have special secrets.

So, this dude burst a Swiss ball at the gym today.

He was getting set up and ready to do dumbbell chest press on it with a pair of 90lb DBs. He sat on the ball, and had the DBs propped on his knees, psyching himself up for his next set, when the ball burst under him. He landed on his ass on the floor, with the dumbbells landing beside him.

It was really quite fortunate how this happened- if he'd been on his back with the dumbbells locked out at the top of the press, chances are he would have been fucked.

Oh yes, and after that happened he discarded the ruined one and just grabbed another one to use.

at the gym I'm going to I see a lot of the younger kids and "bros" wearing Beats by Dre headphones, and by wearing I mean they literally just wear em and rarely use them to listen to music. One guy I saw walking around literally just had em around his neck the whole time. Seems more like a fashion item than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back