***Guys, don't ship anything valuable through FedEx***

Always thought having to pay insurance on delivering goods is one of the most retarded and bizarre things ever. Its nothing like a car insurance. When you leave your laundry to the dry cleaners you don't pay them extra money for insurance just in case they mess up the fabric. You are already paying for their services and it should be their responsibility whatever happens to your merchandise.

I smell bullshit. FedEx charges 85 cents for every $100 of declared value
I was quoted the price by a FedEx franchise reciever. Even so, they didn't mishandle the package because I witnessed it being picked up by the FedEx truck as I left.

What were you shipping? Or is that top secret information?

It's irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Always thought having to pay insurance on delivering goods is one of the most retarded and bizarre things ever. Its nothing like a car insurance. When you leave your laundry to the dry cleaners you don't pay them extra money for insurance just in case they mess up the fabric. You are already paying for their services and it should be their responsibility whatever happens to your merchandise.

Exactly.

Didn't expect the car insurrance comparison to be taken seriously.

I was quoted the price by a FedEx franchise reciever. Even so, they didn't mishandle the package because I witnessed it being picked up by the FedEx truck as I left.

It's irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Not really, since it was stolen. What the object is and its cash value are important to this tirade. Is it something you are ashamed to be shipping?

Not really, since it was stolen. What the object is and its cash value are important to this tirade. Is it something you are ashamed to be shipping?

Not at all, it was an item I spoiled myself buying. Since trolls are rampant on forums I thought it best to leave out the shipment's contents.

But I'll state it's value. It was around $300 retail, and it would have required a $14.50 for insurance, in addition to the shipping and packaging costs.

DHL was the worst. They'd leave packages smack dab in the middle of my driveway.

Umm, I bought a new truck for $22,000. Annual insurance is around $2400. I get a 43% discount for years of safe driving, but not everyone does.

And that's not a one time payment. That's every year. Have you ever insured a car brah?

Insurance is for pussies.

But yea, I am definitely getting skullfucked on insurance, and I am a 90 year old lady driver type, totally safe.

Who ships important material and doesn't get the insurance??

Before you besmirch FedEx (anymore than the other carriers), maybe it's the vendor? Maybe they have a history of getting things stolen because of the nature of their business?

Is $14.50 worth avoiding this aggravation? Commerce does not operate on feelings alone, you know.

FedEx... A vendor that steals packages.... A franchise that over quotes for insurance... FedEx chooses to do business with them, and employed their representatives that gave me the runaround.

They didn't even confirm that the contents were stolen, when the pictures of the received empty package with a hole in the middle obviously confirmed.

Who ships important material and doesn't get the insurance??

When the insurance is overpriced, and when the shipping company has a reliable reputation.... Which FedEx used to have with me.

Umm, I bought a new truck for $22,000. Annual insurance is around $2400. I get a 43% discount for years of safe driving, but not everyone does.

?

This is just an everyday vehicle like a pickup truck?

You're being ripped off. Holy shit. $2400 a year?

What a fucking scam. So you're saying you won't stand by your service, but if we pay you an additional cost over and above the already inflated price you will.
Gotcha.

Back