Gustafsson ready to return

If he took the time to maximize his comfort at a heavier weight, sure. We have no idea what he's like at HW, because he decided to go all dumb dumb against Werdum. How many HWs offer that same threat? None. So, it'll be interesting to see how he does. I'll watch

I like Gus, but he won't be a champion in the UFC. I wouldn't mind seeing him in other promotions.

How about Alexander Gustafsson versus Greg Hardy? I think Hardy would finish him.

Stay in shape and go back to LHW. His takedown defense isn't really great and LHW doesn't have many wrestlers

He beat the Glover and Blachowicz back in 2017 before going on a 3 fight skid and retiring...

anything is possible at LHW now that DC and Jones are gone.

Why doesn't this bonehead come back to LHW right now. He's not getting past the heavy hitters at HW.

I'd like to see him back in the win column, but I suspect his best days are in the past.

If focused - some wins for sure.

A run? No, never. The blueprint to beat him has been laid out and he stopped evolving his game years back. Just going in circles at allstars. Had he been doing his camp camp in states- maybe, but that won't happen. Even his coach identified this as a problem after the loss to smith and he hasn't trained anywhere else since.

He should stay retired. He doesn't need to cry about not getting enough attention or a title shot.

He'll have a good chance in the geriatric HW division. He'll be the Erick Silva of that weight class. Werdum is a difficult matchup for a lot of HW if you can't get dictate where the fight goes, so I'm willing to look past his loss against Werdum
Bro Werdum lost to oleinik who is so fucking washed up and old and even though his pfl loss was overturned,he didn’t look good

He must be running short on monies. It rarely works out when you come back just for the check.

I'm assuming he is staying at heavyweight? I hope Gus can make a strong run at the title. Guy is super talented.

Why do MMA fighters insist on posting mediocre lifts on their social media? It's fuckin weird

Can't keep track of the number of times he's retired.

I'm happy for him either way

in all fairness gus was winning till he made a mistake

He was, and finished the round before getting finished with a beautiful combo plus takedown , looked effortless. BUT he still made the mistake and that fact that he made it says something.

Back