Gustafsson ready to return

I can understand losing to Jones DC and Rumble. Maybe even ancient Werdum.

Smith? That night I lost all hope for Gus.

Surely. However I think that a fully focused Gus wouldn’t have failed like that against Smith. He was winning nicely until he seemed to sort of black out and forget what he was doing.

Is he staying at hw? Cause I'm not even sure he could beat Arlovski, yet alone anyone near the top of the division. If he had stayed at lhw and actually stayed focused, there is a good shot that he could have had the belt by now, considering his last two wins were against Jan and Glover. Tho to be fair to those two, they have both showed much more growth as fighters than he ever has.

I hope he does well and that it will be at HW.
He is always fun to watch.
But yeah, that Smith loss was brutal.

28Ar.gif

fxhc.gif

Prime Gus vs Jiri would be exciting.
Jiri vs Prime Rumble would be madness.

Rumble would KO his ass. Rumble's problem was he gives up when things got hard but the dude is a powerful striker and no one can take his strikes at LHW for very long.

Why is he no longer @ LHW, is the cut becoming too difficult or something.

I can understand losing to Jones DC and Rumble. Maybe even ancient Werdum.

Smith? That night I lost all hope for Gus.

Same here, its the night I said he should retire if he lost to the guy who was happy to be Jones punching bag after he said he would bring the fight to Jones.

If there was ever a time for him to finally become LHW champ it's right now. 205 sucks.

Gus is so likeable and as someone said I am ready to be disapointed again <45> His losses are nothing to be ashamed of. But its seems like whenever he was expected to step up, he failed.

I think gus could work his way to the top of the division. I mean some of these sub top ten guys will have nothing on gus skill wise but I worry for him if he were to fight volkov Francis stipe ect because of his ability to be hit by big shots.

He'd have to rise to the occasion and fight his fight perfectly against the top 5 to win the belt, I just wouldn't bet on it.

Gustafsson is looking big. You think he have one more run in him?

View attachment 853816

Gustaffson is 2-5 in his last 7

Idk what his deal is man but Gustaffson should have had a much better run. Hes a talented fighter that doesnt fight to his full ability imo.

I think he would have benefited alot by training at another gym. He should have left his coach years ago and went to some other team.

He'll have a good chance in the geriatric HW division. He'll be the Erick Silva of that weight class. Werdum is a difficult matchup for a lot of HW if you can't get dictate where the fight goes, so I'm willing to look past his loss against Werdum

I agree and would add that the fight could easily have gone Alex’s way. Werdum’s TDs are not unstoppable and in a striking match it’s Gus all day.

Back