Gustafsson ready to return

He's got all the skills to be a top guy - all of his losses were to really elite guys. I think he should stick to LHW though. I think fully fit and focused Gus could've beat Smith and could be a title contender with Jones and DC out of the LHW picture.

His weakness to explosive fighters puts him in grave danger should he fight Ngannou

Fuck yeah brother, GUS SMASH!

Is he staying at hw? Cause I'm not even sure he could beat Arlovski, yet alone anyone near the top of the division. If he had stayed at lhw and actually stayed focused, there is a good shot that he could have had the belt by now, considering his last two wins were against Jan and Glover. Tho to be fair to those two, they have both showed much more growth as fighters than he ever has.

Ehhh after the top 2 lhw is filled with young lions like Jiri, Ankalaev, Rakic, Spann, Krylov, Crute snd on. Hed have to beat 3 or 4 of these guys to get a title shot. I dont see it.

Nah, he's done I think. Mentally fragile. Hearts not in it, at least not when he's not winning.

He hasn't been the same since Khamzat slept him in training

I'm kinda indifferent on Gus. I think he had championship-level talent but he never seemed all that interested in a fighting career. Not sure if it was injuries or what, but even during his prime he was fighting like once a year. Hard to really stay interested in a fighter when you routinely forget he even exists

I always liked watching Gus.
At least I did before his dad died. He seemed to lose drive after that.

But ill always watch him fight.

Not really, he could have some fun fights with the right opponents tho. maybe give him daukaus or even arlovski

nobody stays retired in mma but dont really care about this comeback.

Thought that Gustafson hanged the gloves. But eventually majority of fighters come back sooner or later.

I can’t have any faith in him. He folded against Jones, Smith and then got quickly washed out by Werdum. He’s been talking about retirement for years now as well.

he'll be coming back once a year to get the paycheck

What he’s lost you can’t get back. Not the same person anymore.

Back