Gus to Jones: We're supposed to be role models.

So it's ok for Gus to make mistakes but not jon. I wonder why that is?

Do you really now? Jones is a champion and a public fucking image, to which he's fucked up twice now. Gus was a misdirected teenager living in a rough area, who turned his life around.

Before he tries to "pull the race card", you'll pull it, right?

I explained why that is and it isn't because Jon is black. Gustafsson gets hate from Americans just for being Swedish. Jon has done lots of stupid shit, Gustafsson hasn't in a decade. Jon is also very cocky, outspoken, and he likes to play the heel while Gustafsson isn't like this. Pulling the race card is a cop out much more often than not and in this scenario it definitely is.

Funny considering Gus is felon for assault.
Also if you think that sports athletes should have the onus to serve as moral role models for children, then you're naive.

I love when people try to pretend being a out-of-control teen is the same as being a continually flawed adult.

A reformed violent teenager is in fact a rolemodel. Not for the crimes he committed but for the commitment he had in turning himself around. I for one hope Jones becomes this same type of role model in the future.

Jones: “I’m excited to grow into manhood as a father, as a husband, as an athlete, as a role model, as myself. There’s a lot of growing to do. I’m excited to realize that.”

Fighters are supposed to fight.

Lawbreakers (illicit drug users) are supposed to suffer consequences for their actions.

Jones got away with breaking the law.

Gus hurt others, Jones hurt himself. I'd rather have Jones as a role mode tbh.

Switch the past actions and tell me you or media would have the same narrative.

Let's say Jones used to play the knockout game at 18 and Gus did a little coke, who would get more hate?

Gus would.

I love when people try to pretend being a out-of-control teen is the same as being a continually flawed adult.

A reformed violent teenager is in fact a rolemodel. Not for the crimes he committed but for the commitment he had in turning himself around. I for one hope Jones becomes this same type of role model in the future.

Today I learned being 18 is a teenager.

Switch the past actions and tell me you or media would have the same narrative.

Let's say Jones used to play the knockout game at 18 and Gus did a little coke, who would get more hate?

LOL Jones gets hated on constantly for the "snitched on pot smokers" when he was in like Jr high. Gus was beating up innocent people at 18 and people say "he was just a kid".

Yes they are athletes, but dont forget they kick each others

Gus was an arms dealer, murderer, and drug runner in a popular television series. Can't talk shit imo.

Lol @ people trying to knock out other people for a living being role models.

Gus would.

Doubt it.

Examples:
Ben Rothesberger gets accused of rape 3 times. No heat.
Michael Vick kills some dogs. Lynch mob.

Richard Sherman get mad on camera. Gets labelled a thug.
Justin Bieber assaults people (like Gus). Considered a misguided teen.
Republican NY Senator Michael Grimm threatens to throw a journalist off a balcony. Ignored mostly.

I explained why that is and it isn't because Jon is black. Gustafsson gets hate from Americans just for being Swedish. Jon has done lots of stupid shit, Gustafsson hasn't in a decade. Jon is also very cocky, outspoken, and he likes to play the heel while Gustafsson isn't like this. Pulling the race card is a cop out much more often than not and in this scenario it definitely is.
I can see where you thought it was implied, but at worst, his statement was ambiguous. You've succeeded in steering the discussion in the direction of race, though, where it doesn't need to be.

Do you really now? Jones is a champion and a public fucking image, to which he's fucked up twice now. Gus was a misdirected teenager living in a rough area, who turned his life around.

So Gus is now Justin Bieber?

What do you think about Richard Sherman?

Back