Gus to Jones: We're supposed to be role models.

Doubt it.

Examples:
Ben Rothesberger gets accused of rape 3 times. No heat.
Michael Vick kills some dogs. Lynch mob.

Richard Sherman get mad on camera. Gets labelled a thug.
Justin Bieber assaults people (like Gus). Considered a misguided teen.
Republican NY Senator Michael Grimm threatens to throw a journalist off a balcony. Ignored mostly.

Jon Jones gets a DUI after crashing his car with passengers in it and then tests positive for cocaine and the UFC does nothing to him. For the latest offense, the UFC tells him "We're proud" instead of punishing him like all the rest have been, several fighters of which were punished for a lot less.

Dana bails Rampage out of jail after going on a 'rampage' and nearly mowing down several people on a sidewalk with his truck. If memory serves, they did nothing to punish him. Just the usual "he's already been punished enough" talk.

Then, there's this guy that was acquitted despite overwhelming evidence to convict him.

18k4pwsmsc165jpg.jpg

I can play that game too.

Plenty of time for Jon to turn things around, but I don't think they're "supposed' to be role models

not a fan of jones but gus is dead wrong. no one should live their life for others unless its for your spouse or children.

PS: All the people playing the race card STFU. If you keep crying every time over nonsense then people won't listen when a racist situation actually does occur. Effing politically correct police. You make me sick. You're just as bad as the racists.

PS: All the people playing the race card STFU. If you keep crying every time over nonsense then people won't listen when a racist situation actually does occur. Effing PC police. You make me sick. You're just as bad as the racists.

Today I learned being "PC" (whatever the fuck that means) is just as bad as being a Nazi or a Klan member.

and not only that, what matters in this case is what some people already said, its jj that put himself in that position. he was the one that posed as the perfect guy, christian bla bla bla

so he deserves people shitting on him
You seem to be very salty.

and you seem to be a nuthugger

Gus is a much better role model than jones. Gus left his demons in the past. Jones is still very much of a questionable moral character.

to me this sums it up pretty good, everyone has their own opinion on the topic tho for sure

Essentially cutting a WWE promo in a NFL post interview is worse than aggravated assault. Ok then.

No

But a lot of people don't consider a 90 pound teenager to be threatening. If you want to talk about perception then let's talk about it.

LOL.

Americans would root for a white foreigner than a Black citizen in combat sports, unless he's from the city or state in the venue.

There are clear double standards in sports when it comes to race.

Except Americans seem to have two leagues where majority of all players are Black and cheer for them with a feverish tenacity to rival that of the Blues and Greens in attendance at the Hippodrome.

The problem with the race card is that it gets applied so often in any setting where the race dichotomy is present that it actually undermines its usage.

I find if anything when anyone shows support for Gus over Jones they are commonly labeled as a potential racist. :rolleyes:

Gus just can't afford a coke addiction yet because he's a wannabe champ. Oh snap

and not only that, what matters in this case is what some people already said, its jj that put himself in that position. he was the one that posed as the perfect guy, christian bla bla bla

so he deserves people shitting on him

and you seem to be a nuthugger

How am I a nuthugger? You have just called Jones scum, whilst I said that I don't believe that fighters have to role models. You seem to have strong personal dislike towards a man you have never met. Of course he has done some stupid things in his life, no denying that. However, you have an AV of Gus, who is a convicted felon. I'm not saying that he is 'scum' but is he really that much different from Jones?

Pfft...role models??...we talkin' 'bout ROLE MODELS??

These are people that give each other brain damage.

You Jones fans are starting to get pathetic :D

Jon Jones gets a DUI after crashing his car with passengers in it and then tests positive for cocaine and the UFC does nothing to him. For the latest offense, the UFC tells him "We're proud" instead of punishing him like all the rest have been, several fighters of which were punished for a lot less.

Dana bails Rampage out of jail after going on a 'rampage' and nearly mowing down several people on a sidewalk with his truck. If memory serves, they did nothing to punish him. Just the usual "he's already been punished enough" talk.

Then, there's this guy that was acquitted despite overwhelming evidence to convict him.

18k4pwsmsc165jpg.jpg

I can play that game too.

I was talking about media and fan reaction but I'll play along.

Since when did the UFC or any major MMA org ever punish a cash cow? Liddell did cocaine, Ortiz got a DUI, Sonnen got caught for PED three times and lost and got title shots anyway.

OJ Simpson got away because the LAPD fucked themselves and the investigation by getting caught for being corrupt and racist. Also OJ had a lot of money. The more money you have in America the less likely you'll go free regardless of innocence. To me OJ is just like George Zimmerman in almost every way.

Back