Gus did not look good against Manuwa

Thank you, kind sir.

You able to send a link to the 'McGregor Fighter of the Year' thread, or whatever? I can't find it, or maybe I'm just blind. I'd like to see what's up in that thread and look at how hilarious the haters are. "Conor got leg kicked a few times by Dustin Poirier. He'd get chopped down with EASE by Jose "Mr. Invincible" Aldo!"

That said, you should check out my thread about Conor knocking out Jose Aldo! :cool:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/conor-mcgregor-will-knock-jose-aldo-out-2895329/

Apparently Silva was elite before he joined the UFC, Mcgregor not. fucking lol.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2...year-coach-talks-his-power-foes-fear-2907039/

Yeah sure TS... he didn't look good, he only TKOd him in the second :rolleyes::icon_chee

As some posters mentioned, Gus' dad passed away a couple weeks before this fight. This fight will also be 1 year old month after next, so it isn't real recent anymore. Gustafsson is still improving a lot and styles make fights. I'm sure he's learned a hell of a lot since that fight and he still had a solid performance for sure. So again, stop expecting him to be God, because nobody in this sport is.

Apparently Silva was elite before he joined the UFC, Mcgregor not. fucking lol.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2...year-coach-talks-his-power-foes-fear-2907039/

You know how it is, man.

People will look for any reason to discredit Conor in some way. For real, MMA fans find ways to discredit every single fighter, it's amazing how they do it sometimes, honestly.

I'm sure Anderson was elite just before coming to the UFC but for anybody to say Conor wasn't elite during the time he won the featherweight and lightweight titles in Cage Warriors in back to back fights is pretty dumb.

Conor won those titles and as soon as he did, the UFC came calling and since then he has looked nothing but impressive in the UFC and once he beats Siver in 2 minutes or less, he is getting a title shot.

Conor was elite before he got signed to the UFC. He was on an 8-fight winning streak before coming to the UFC and 7 of those were knockouts, 1 was a submission. So 8 finishes in a row and two of those finishes (last two fights outside of UFC) were the multi-division title fights.

Yeah, he was fucking elite just before he got in the UFC. It's not like he suddenly became an elite level fighter, skillwise, etc, when he got signed to the UFC. He was still the same monster outside of the UFC, he was elite, the only difference is that now he is fighting the best competition and he's only getting better and he will soon be fighting Jose Aldo and he will take that motherfucking belt! :cool:

[YT]watch?v=FOnTL_CN8Vg[/YT]

Also, damn the Stockholm card looks good:

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Anthony Johnson
Dan Henderson vs. Gegard Mousasi
Phil Davis vs. Ryan Bader

Discuss.

F*cking great card. 6 from top 10 LHW on same night! I can't wait.

He does get hit a lot

Credit goes to Manuwa. Not even the Goat in jones found a spot on gus's chin with his hands.

Gus is the real deal.

With this PED fiasco, we all can say YES dana protected jones from Gus rematch...Jones does indeed get major major preferential treatment.

Jones haters were always on to something real, and jones nuthuggers are now back in the closet.

damagecontrol.gif.gif.gif

Why do people expect fighters to play right into other fighters strengths? Should Gus try to outwrestle Jones in the rematch too?

Gus is going to struggle against other good fighters, but he's a stylistic nightmare for Jon. It's kind of already common knowledge.

Gus is going to struggle against other good fighters, but he's a stylistic nightmare for Jon. It's kind of already common knowledge.

Well, he didn't struggle against Thiago Silva and gave him a beating. He didn't struggle against Shogun and gave him a beating, despite the fight being competitive. He didn't struggle against Manuwa and put him away in the 2nd round. Against Jones, Gus arguably beat him. Gustafsson is also only the 2nd guy ever to put Hamill away.

All of these fighters are "good", even if you don't count Hamill, Jones being "elite".

Just no. After he scalps Rumble and finishes him you'll be singing a different tune.

Credit goes to Manuwa. Not even the Goat in jones found a spot on gus's chin with his hands.

Gus is the real deal.

Shogun tagged him, too, even with a severe reach disadvantage. Seems like Thiago got some shots in too but I can't remember that fight so much.

Well, he didn't struggle against Thiago Silva and gave him a beating. He didn't struggle against Shogun and gave him a beating, despite the fight being competitive. He didn't struggle against Manuwa and put him away in the 2nd round. Against Jones, Gus arguably beat him. Gustafsson is also only the 2nd guy ever to put Hamill away.

All of these fighters are "good", even if you don't count Hamill, Jones being "elite".

Just no. After he scalps Rumble and finishes him you'll be singing a different tune.

Relax nut hugger, and all you Gus fanboys shouldn't overlook rumble. Dude is very game, and I could see rumble tagging Gus with good shots early in the fight. If Gus want's to win, he's gonna have to use his speed and footwork to try to outlast rumble in the later rounds. This is a dangerous fight for Gus tho, as you've seen with manuwa and shogun, Gus gets hit a lot, and someone like rumble will definitely capitalize on that.

Relax nut hugger, and all you Gus fanboys shouldn't overlook rumble. Dude is very game, and I could see rumble tagging Gus with good shots early in the fight. If Gus want's to win, he's gonna have to use his speed and footwork to try to outlast rumble in the later rounds. This is a dangerous fight for Gus tho, as you've seen with manuwa and shogun, Gus gets hit a lot, and someone like rumble will definitely capitalize on that.

Get on your real account nerd. You cowards are unbelievable. As for Gus getting hit a lot, all fighters get hit. Even the most elite of the elite. Look at Aldo's last fight, Lyoto's and Anderson's. Look at Jones' last fight. And Gus didn't get hit with anything significant in the Manuwa fight. I know because I watched the entire fight in slow motion and did a play-by-play of all the exchanges and strikes landed. And when was that Shogun fight again? Fighters improve and Gustafsson clearly has.

Get on your real account nerd. You cowards are unbelievable. As for Gus getting hit a lot, all fighters get hit. Even the most elite of the elite. Look at Aldo's last fight, Lyoto's and Anderson's. Look at Jones' last fight. And Gus didn't get hit with anything significant in the Manuwa fight. I know because I watched the entire fight in slow motion and did a play-by-play of all the exchanges and strikes landed. And when was that Shogun fight again? Fighters improve and Gustafsson clearly has.

This is my real account you dorky cheerleader, and relax crybaby. All I said is rumble is a dangerous match up for Gus and that Gus fans are overlooking rumble, which is true. Gus can win this fight for sure, but there is also the possibility of rumble knocking him out. Now go cry in another thread now lol.

This is pretty disrepectful to Manuwa in my opinion. Manuwa is a beast on the feet and you bash Gus because he knew he had the edge on the ground? Plus i'm pretty sure Gus dropped him and then followed up with gnp.....he couldn't have looked that bad surely??

Exactly ... not like anyone else has done that to Manuwa.

The guy was undefeated for a reason. If some low tier fighters beat Manuwa then sure ... but if Manuwa continues to destroy his opponents post Gus ... it should look like an even better win for Gus.

Manuwa is a legit win.. Tough up and coming guy. Gus pretty much ran through him.

People claiming Manuwa isn't good, he's got VERY solid striking, more of a Manhoef than a Houston Alexander. And he's got a much better grappling-game than Manhoef. Manuwa will only lose to the top5.

Back