Gus did not look good against Manuwa

itsnormal

Blue Belt
Reaction score
[YT]watch?v=FOnTL_CN8Vg[/YT]

He was getting tagged quite a bit, took manuwa down right away to avoid striking with him and just didn't look impressive.

If he fights like that against rumble he's gonna wake up with stitch Duran looking down at him. Just because he made jones look human people think he's become a god.

Also, damn the Stockholm card looks good:

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Anthony Johnson
Dan Henderson vs. Gegard Mousasi
Phil Davis vs. Ryan Bader

Discuss.

Didn't he finish him in the first? I imagine Gus will take a safer route in the Rumble fight.

He mixed it up and TKO'ed an undefeated fighter that had all wins by finish...

First round was a bit boring but he looked good and did something no one has done prior.

He KO'd a great standup fighter. After tossing him to the ground with ease.

He looked great.. I thought it was gonna be a tougher fight.

Gus hasn't looked great against anybody other than Jones.

How critical can you be of someone lmao

Gus looked scary against a guy who was hyped up to the gils. You don't just fight a guy like Manuwa and finish him standing early in the second round. That combination was insane.

Well it was a 2nd rd finish wasn't it.

Manuwa is elite. He would have been champ if he got into the sport younger. He'll still make his way to contender status.

According to Sherdog, the only good performances ever are Anderson vs. Forrest, Shogun in the PRIDE GP, and Hendo vs. Bisping.

Manuwa landed maybe one or two clean head shots total in the fight. Gus was absolutely not getting tagged 'quite a bit'

Haha.

Almost as good as when people bring up how Shogun hit him a couple of times.

He can take a punch and dish out 5 more.
Kid knows he's got a good chin, but I'm sure he won't let rumble tag him.

He mixed it up and TKO'ed an undefeated fighter that had all wins by finish...

First round was a bit boring but he looked good and did something no one has done prior.

His last 4 wins weren't real finishes. 2 Retirements, doctor stoppage, and an injury.

Manuwa is elite.
giphy.gif

Back