Gus did not look good against Manuwa

People claiming Manuwa isn't good, he's got VERY solid striking, more of a Manhoef than a Houston Alexander. And he's got a much better grappling-game than Manhoef. Manuwa will only lose to the top5.

Lol come on guys, I know you love Gus but this is ridiculous. Jimi manuwa is not a top fighter, a gatekeeper maybe, but not a top fighter.

LMAO, Gus looked great. Gus outgrappled him in round 1 then out struck and finished him in round 2. It was like DHK outgrappling Erick Silva in round 1 then KOing him in round 2, dominant performances.

This is my real account you dorky cheerleader, and relax crybaby. All I said is rumble is a dangerous match up for Gus and that Gus fans are overlooking rumble, which is true. Gus can win this fight for sure, but there is also the possibility of rumble knocking him out. Now go cry in another thread now lol.

Wow, the possibility that such a heavy handed puncher could knock another guy out?! Holy shit. That's some breaking news, batman. You must really be a white belt because you act like one and sound like one.

Everyone, did you hear? Rumble has KO power and that makes him dangerous to others! :redface:

Lol come on guys, I know you love Gus but this is ridiculous. Jimi manuwa is not a top fighter, a gatekeeper maybe, but not a top fighter.

He only has 1 loss and it was to the number 2 ranked guy in his division, you are jumping the gun on calling him a gatekeeper.

He only has 1 loss and it was to the number 2 ranked guy in his division, you are jumping the gun on calling him a gatekeeper.

Manuwa is as dangerous as they come. He's arguably the most explosive guy in the division and his strikes carry brutal power. This guy would rather hype up Rumble and downplay a guy as explosive and dangerous, if not more, in Manuwa. Once Manuwa has his TDD up a notch he'll be a real bitch to deal with.

Manuwa gets no love here on Sherdog. I would not call him elite but his stand up is great.

Gus looked good in that fight but I agree he is kind of hittable. Still wait for him to dismantle Rumble.

Nobody even heard of Jimi manuwa before the Gus fight, let alone care. But since the white Viking hero beat him, people got to hype up manuwa to make Gus look amazing lol. You nerds best hope Gus beats rumble, so keep praying, because you're little Viking hero is gonna have that viking beard tested by the Zulu warrior, rumble from the jungle. Gonna be good ish lol.

He was getting tagged quite a bit
I just watch it in slow motion and Manuwa didn't really tag him with anything except 3 low kicks.

took manuwa down right away to avoid striking with him

What happened until Gus took Manuwa down:

Manuwa
4:55 Misses a jab
4:53 lands a low kick
4:38 Misses a low kick
4:37 Misses a left hook
4:34 He is on his back

Gus
4:55 lands a kick almost on the groin (!)
4:50 lands Jab jab & kick to the body
4:45 Misses a jab & lands kick to the body
4:34 takedown

I just watch it in slow motion and Manuwa didn't really tag him with anything except 3 low kicks.

I know, I've been saying this for pages now in this thread. Manuwa didn't land a single haymaker or heavy punch clean on Gustafsson at all. I watched it in slow-mo too, nearly a year ago when the fight happened (last March). Here's my slow-mo Play-by-Play on it, strike by strike...

Gus vs Manuwa PBP after rewatching in slow-mo

Nobody even heard of Jimi manuwa before the Gus fight, let alone care. But since the white Viking hero beat him, people got to hype up manuwa to make Gus look amazing lol. You nerds best hope Gus beats rumble, so keep praying, because you're little Viking hero is gonna have that viking beard tested by the Zulu warrior, rumble from the jungle. Gonna be good ish lol.

Plenty of people had heard of Manuwa before he fought Gus. He beat the shit out of Kingsbury, Jimmo and Diabate, stopping all three with his 'voodoo'. Vikings had 'black magic' too, they'd practice the shit in their pagan rituals. Save your Zulu warrior shit. Here's what happened to the last "Zulu warrior" that fought a Viking (Fedor is Russian and you can bet he's a descendant of them, lots of people in Russia are and 'Rus' means 'row' in Norse)...

[YT]pXe8O415C8A?start=510[/YT]​

:icon_lol:

What happened until Gus took Manuwa down:

Manuwa
4:55 Misses a jab
4:53 lands a low kick
4:38 Misses a low kick
4:37 Misses a left hook
4:34 He is on his back

Gus
4:55 lands a kick almost on the groin (!)
4:50 lands Jab jab & kick to the body
4:45 Misses a jab & lands kick to the body
4:34 takedown
pes ta giati dn niwthoune

I know, I've been saying this for pages now in this thread. Manuwa didn't land a single haymaker or heavy punch clean on Gustafsson at all. I watched it in slow-mo too, nearly a year ago when the fight happened (last March). Here's my slow-mo Play-by-Play on it, strike by strike...

Gus vs Manuwa PBP after rewatching in slow-mo

Plenty of people had heard of Manuwa before he fought Gus. He beat the shit out of Kingsbury, Jimmo and Diabate, stopping all three with his 'voodoo'. Vikings had 'black magic' too, they'd practice the shit in their pagan rituals. Save your Zulu warrior shit. Here's what happened to the last "Zulu warrior" that fought a Viking (Fedor is Russian and you can bet he's a descendant of them, lots of people in Russia are and 'Rus' means 'row' in Norse)...

[YT]pXe8O415C8A?start=510[/YT]​

:icon_lol:

So your best fighter beats a fatass no name, very impressive lol. You Norseman must be shaking in your boots right now, because the black terminator is coming for the gus man lol.

So your best fighter beats a fatass no name, very impressive lol. You Norseman must be shaking in your boots right now, because the black terminator is coming for the gus man lol.

I'm American and my ethnic background is mostly Eastern European. I'm sure I've got Viking ancestors though. :icon_twis And our best fighter? He's one of them for sure, the greatest Heavyweight MMA fighter of all time. You mentioned Zulu warriors and I showed you what happens to them when they take on Vikings. :D And calling apple cRumble the "black terminator" is some funny shit, bro. Hahaha. He was finished by a lightweight (Clementi) and finished by Welterweights and Middleweights. Get real.

He beat an undefeated guy who has been taking everyones head of at his own game. Id say he looked pretty damn sold

I'm American and my ethnic background is mostly Eastern European. I'm sure I've got Viking ancestors though. :icon_twis And our best fighter? He's one of them for sure, the greatest Heavyweight MMA fighter of all time. You mentioned Zulu warriors and I showed you what happens to them when they take on Vikings. :D And calling apple cRumble the "black terminator" is some funny shit, bro. Hahaha. He was finished by a lightweight (Clementi) and finished by Welterweights and Middleweights. Get real.

Those loses where years ago my friend, they were also during the time rumble was cutting enormous amount of weight. He seems to have found his home at 205, so Gus better watch out for dat swanton bomb rumble gonna be throwing, or it's nighty night for mr. Gus

[YT]watch?v=FOnTL_CN8Vg[/YT]

He was getting tagged quite a bit, took manuwa down right away to avoid striking with him and just didn't look impressive.

If he fights like that against rumble he's gonna wake up with stitch Duran looking down at him. Just because he made jones look human people think he's become a god.

Also, damn the Stockholm card looks good:

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Anthony Johnson
Dan Henderson vs. Gegard Mousasi
Phil Davis vs. Ryan Bader

Discuss.

Ahh get over it. What u on boy? He looked fackin awesome! Defeating an under the radar undefeated knockout artist via stoppage in the 2nd rnd... Thats money right there. No boring decision like Rumble vs Phil

Those loses where years ago my friend, they were also during the time rumble was cutting enormous amount of weight. He seems to have found his home at 205, so Gus better watch out for dat swanton bomb rumble gonna be throwing, or it's nighty night for mr. Gus

Unlike you, I actually have a bet on this fight. :cool: I have a sig bet. In the Jones-Gustafsson rematch, whenever it happens, I have an account bet. I back my yap up. Rumble is dangerous but he isn't on Gustafsson's level, which is also the general consensus.

Back