Guitar Guys! - I need your advice on my next guitar.

Les Pauls suck

sure pal...I own a les Paul 60's tribute gold top and a les Paul jr and I can assure you they don't suck.:icon_evil

full.jpg

sure pal...I own a les Paul 60's tribute gold top and a les Paul jr and I can assure you they don't suck.:icon_evil

full.jpg

Love Les Paul's. I have a studio as my main gigging guitar

the studio is an incredible guitar at it's price point...

I like Standards for recording if they don't have a chunky U neck. Never messed much with Studios.

My favorite is the 1960 Les Paul Special TV yellow with P90s. It has the neck and fretboard shape of the Gods.

One of the best guitars ever made.

I like Standards for recording if they don't have a chunky U neck. Never messed much with Studios.

My favorite is the 1960 Les Paul Special TV yellow with P90s. It has the neck and fretboard shape of the Gods.

One of the best guitars ever made.

what does that go for, about 3K I'm guessing? my tribute has a thin neck, nice and fast with P90's...they're little hot but I love the tone.

what does that go for, about 3K I'm guessing? my tribute has a thin neck, nice and fast with P90's...they're little hot but I love the tone.

around 2k to 2400 generally, but I've seen them at 1600.00 at certain times.

They are the best feeling Gibson Electric IMO

I love P90s blend of creamy/crunchy hotness.

Sounds like your tribute might be a fun one.

around 2k to 2400 generally, but I've seen them at 1600.00 at certain times.

They are the best feeling Gibson Electric IMO

I love P90s blend of creamy/crunchy hotness.

Sounds like your tribute might be a fun one.

for sure...nothing wrong with humbuckers but Im loving the 90's.

To me, Les Paul Studios aren't worth the price, you're still paying too much for the name.

You're better off getting a high end Yamaha or something for similar money.

To me, Les Paul Studios aren't worth the price, you're still paying too much for the name.

You're better off getting a high end Yamaha or something for similar money.

paying too much for the name? in 5 or 10 years let's put that Les Paul studio on ebay vs that high end Yamaha and see which one holds their value better...hmmm I wonder. not to mention you just can't quite get that Les Paul sound from anything but one...but hey, to each his own.

paying too much for the name? in 5 or 10 years let's put that Les Paul studio on ebay vs that high end Yamaha and see which one holds their value better...hmmm I wonder. not to mention you just can't quite get that Les Paul sound from anything but one...but hey, to each his own.

Of course it will hold its value more, it says "Gibson". The playability and sound of Studios are comparable to Epiphones imo.

Plus, nobody in their right mind would be giving up their high end Yammy :D

I had no idea there was a guitar center in this city. Shows how much I get out I guess.

Anyway, I went to guitar center today played a few of the guitars I've referenced. Played the Takamine EF440SCGN, and was pretty impresses with it. See:

DV016_Jpg_Large_620238.010_natural.jpg

I also sat down with a Taylor 214CE and really like the way that sounded. And I really like the burnt rosewood option with the Taylor. See:

taylor-214ce-sb-med1.jpg

But just to make my decision a little harder, I sat down with another guitar I really liked. A Martin GPCPA4. Below:

DV016_Jpg_Large_H80794.001.jpg

I was very impressed with the sound and the fact that it's made in good ol' USofA.

Anyway, just wanted to give an update on my guitar shopping experience so far.

I welcome any opinions on these instruments/models.

Peace.

Yes. I mean they don't suck but they're over priced and don't sit well in my opinion

Buy a breedlove.

/thread

The absolute best!!

I have a half dozen top end guitars, the Breedlove is may fav by quite a margin for most playing. You simply can't go wrong with a Breedlove, I would love to get a jumbo.

If you're gonna spend the cake on that type of guitar, PRS is a better bet imo.

If you want to have the tone of an AM radio -get a PRS IMO

A PRS can't touch a Les Paul Special with P90s or a Les Paul Standard with 57s

PRS are for mid life crisis guys who need a guitar to go along with their new assless chaps and Harley Davidson

Sorry, Just my very educated and professional opinion.

The absolute best!!

I have a half dozen top end guitars, the Breedlove is may fav by quite a margin for most playing. You simply can't go wrong with a Breedlove, I would love to get a jumbo.

This follows my line of thinking.

If you are going to buy an acoustic do this:

Buy a 200-300 dollar student model to establish that you enjoy the hobby and plan to learn, play, and enjoy this hobby for a lifetime.

Then.....

skip all the bullshit guitars under 1000.00 and buy a guitar you will be excited to pick up for the rest of your life.

Save the 500 dollar acoustics for camping and places where you wouldn't want your baby.

If you want to have the tone of an AM radio -get a PRS IMO

A PRS can't touch a Les Paul Special with P90s or a Les Paul Standard with 57s

PRS are for mid life crisis guys who need a guitar to go along with their new assless chaps and Harley Davidson

Sorry, Just my very educated and professional opinion.

Haha, LMFAO. Still, those PRS's are good enough for Johnny Hiland and I guarantee he'd play circles around any of us on his off day. And to be honest, the PRS guitars seem to have way better QC than the Gibsons and Fenders coming out of the factory these days. Gibbys in particular have been NOTORIOUS for poor QC the past decade or so. I've played quite a few BAD ones with some terrible fretwork, more than I should rightfully encounter at this price point.

But still, give me a good Fender Strat or Tele any day of the week.

Back