GSPs worst winning performance?

Shields. He was totally dominant but it still felt like he was half-assing it.

well im shocked that he took bj penn (who has won gold at the mundials at black belt) down yet was scared to take jake (who has never taken gold at black belt mundials or adcc) down. seems strange

Dumb.

He kept the fight with Shields standing not because he was afraid of Shields' ground game, but because Shields was weakest on the feet.

BJ's boxing at one point was considered to be among the best in MMA.

Some revisionist history going on regarding the Shields/GSP fight.

GSP clearly won, but Shields did land more strikes in that fight. GSP's were far more effective but still. Those claiming he "completely dominated" Shields.... no, no he didn't. It was a competitive fight. Maybe that's just because of the eye, but so what? Doesn't change the facts. A clear win for GSP but in no way the savage beat down people try to make it out to be.

I like you Walken, but I completely disagree. I had it 50-45 for GSP. I didn't think it was competitive at all.

Now the Akiyama fight on the other hand, was a clear win for Shields. I don't know what the uproar over that was for.

toss up between hardy and shields .

to be honest i think shields, only fight of GSP that i ever thought was kinda boring.

in his defense , he was half blind ahahhahaha.

still wins though!!!

Dan Hardy.The guy was not in his league and completely dominated, yet he couldn't put him away.There were several opportunities, probably the first we saw that Georges' BJJ was not as good as advertised (the ability to finish with it).

The Jake Shield fight was bad too though.

He completely dominated Shields in every round. I'd say it's his first BJ fight.

From what I remember GSP lost a round or even 2. But the constant eye poking from Shields made that irrellevant.

From what I remember GSP lost a round or even 2. But the constant eye poking from Shields made that irrellevant.

Eye pokes don't cause fighters to have a mouse under the eye. Punches accomplish that.

KampmannShieldsUFC1211.jpeg

I like you Walken, but I completely disagree. I had it 50-45 for GSP. I didn't think it was competitive at all.

Now the Akiyama fight on the other hand, was a clear win for Shields. I don't know what the uproar over that was for.

50-45 doesn't mean it wasn't competitive. I don't disagree with the score but I think Shields landing more strikes and GSP never coming that close to finishing = competitive fight.

Shields beat Akiyama, while getting outfought. Akiyama has only himself to blame for throwing about 5 punches all fight but I think he lost that fight more than Shields winning, if that makes sense.

KOS , Alves , Hardy , Kos 2 , Shields and Condit fights for me

He got caught in submissions? How is it that he has a win on his record for that fight?

GSP was a shadow of what he is noe in those daysd, and he crushed Karo with elbows and GnP for most of the fight, and defended Karo's subs just fine.

The first fight with BJ Penn was close, but again, GSP took a severe thumb to the eye in the first round. Must have been where Shields got the idea.

Penn put his Knuckle in GSP'S eye

Shields because Jake's striking isn't very good and he still managed to last all five rounds and damage George's eye. Was still a decent performance though.

He got caught in submissions? How is it that he has a win on his record for that fight?

GSP was a shadow of what he is noe in those daysd, and he crushed Karo with elbows and GnP for most of the fight, and defended Karo's subs just fine.

The first fight with BJ Penn was close, but again, GSP took a severe thumb to the eye in the first round. Must have been where Shields got the idea.

BJ never poked him in the eye...

Back