GSPs worst winning performance?

Hardy was the worst. A far inferior fighter that he had in dominant positions for almost all 25 minutes, and he left without a scratch. And there isnt one champ in the UFC who wouldnt be able to finish that armbar.

I'd say hardy actually. Shields wasn't really that bad imo. Being able to thoroughly dominate Jake Shields in every aspect is pretty respectable, even if he didn't look totally alpha in doing so.

But St. Pierre should have finished Dan Hardy numerous times lol. I'm sorry, Dan, but you're a long way from Georges' league.

Its like during that fight George is hell bent on Breaking Hardy's arm. George just basically turned that into a BJJ match up not the most exciting but its like Anderson Toying with the likes of Forest and Maia. GSP wanted to prove that he got BJJ but unfortunately he made some mistakes and he was not able to finish. I think he should have just Punch Hardy more.

Dan Hardy. It was clear the guy was at Georges' mercy but the frustration of not seeing the finish materialize was like a torture.

Gotta go with this one aswell. Still remember screaming at the tv at the house party when he(GSP)was trying to crank Hardy's arm,was let down. With all the oppurtunities to finish and coming up short felt that was his "worst winning performance". But hey, a "W" is a "W".

Second Kos fight. Busted his eye socket in the first round and didn't do much of anything after that.

well im shocked that he took bj penn (who has won gold at the mundials at black belt) down yet was scared to take jake (who has never taken gold at black belt mundials or adcc) down. seems strange

bj has standup.. shields slaps like a girl

To the people saying Hardy go back and watch that fight, it's pretty clear he could have broken Hardy's arm twice and let go when he realized Hardy was going to let it snap before he tapped. I wouldn't label any of his wins "embarrassing" but I was expecting more out of him in the Shields fight.

Those disgusting overhand rights that GSP threw against Shields left a bad taste in my mouth especially because I watched it live.

It is not fear that made GSP force Shields to stand or Hardy to fight on the ground. it is dumb to think it is fear. It is strategy. Shields weakest part of his game is his standup and Hardy's is the ground and since GSP is well rounded and can fight anywhere he often will make a guy with a huge hole in his game fight where he is weakest.

Then shertards say 'but duh fear?'

Nah, bro. It's obviously you who doesn't understand MMA. If you don't stand and bang, you're a pussy no matter what.

Got to be GSP's fight with Sheilds that stands out the most to me and the fight with Hardy a close second.

Ok it was his first UFC fight but Id say vs Parysian. GSP got caught few times in submissions (arm bar and kimura) and it was really tight.

well im shocked that he took bj penn (who has won gold at the mundials at black belt) down yet was scared to take jake (who has never taken gold at black belt mundials or adcc) down. seems strange

GSP almost lost the 1st fight against BJ because of BJ's ability to stand and throw -GSP obviously felt the 2nd time around that his advantage was on the mat. BJ being a well rounded fighter there was an element of chance on either end of course. With Shields, there was pretty much zero danger from him on the feet -outside of an accidental eye poke- so it makes perfect sense that GSP fought him there as much as he could.

For me it has to be the Shields fight. Outside of his ground game Shields has mediocre skills. After this fight I was really worried about GSPs motivation and future. It's embarrassing that the fight went five rounds. Agree?

Why is it hard to understand what happens when you get poked in then eye?

On topic, I would have to agree that the Shields fight was most likely the worst I have seen from him.. or the Serra fight.

I'm shocked that so many people still don't understand MMA.

It is not fear that made GSP force SHields to stand or Hardy to fight on the ground. it is dumb to think it is fear. It is strategy. Shields weakest part of his game is his standup and Hardy's is the ground and since GSP is well rounded and can fight anywhere he often will make a guy with a huge hole in his game fight where he is weakest.

Then shertards say 'but duh fear?'

Agreed. The only ones who complain about a dominant performance are the same people who don't appreciate the strategy of MMA. They might as well watch youtube videos since they just want ko's.

Ok it was his first UFC fight but Id say vs Parysian. GSP got caught few times in submissions (arm bar and kimura) and it was really tight.

Yeah, that was crazy, but I don't know about worst winning performance.

gsp_escape.gif

ROFL

This is noob city this morning.

He was trying to finish the fight via knock out IMO. That's why he didn't take Shields down..

Back