GSPs worst winning performance?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by KoChang, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Akira Yuki

Akira Yuki Black Belt

Too many to choose just one.

2. Levi_

Levi_ Silver Belt

He got caught in submissions? How is it that he has a win on his record for that fight?

GSP was a shadow of what he is noe in those daysd, and he crushed Karo with elbows and GnP for most of the fight, and defended Karo's subs just fine.

The first fight with BJ Penn was close, but again, GSP took a severe thumb to the eye in the first round. Must have been where Shields got the idea.

3. drkaratekid

drkaratekid Purple Belt

I forgot bout kos2, he seemed very content with jabbing his way to the W, he threw a few haymakers, but after blinding him he shouldve finished

4. tenniswhiz

tenniswhiz Steel Belt

Kicked Jake's ass?

He definitely won, but he didn't kick ass.

5. Perrichet

Perrichet Emery is a fraud

Thread title is worst performance and some of you are saying fights he totally dominated.

6. PeterPain

PeterPain Brown Belt

Just bleed?

7. ironfist05

ironfist05 Silver Belt

The one he's not impressed with

But seriously his first ever fight was against Ivan menjivar and was ultra close
    But if were talking more recent fights I'd say hardy. I think people overplay the issues in the shields fight

8. Kneeuinthenutz

Kneeuinthenutz Steel Belt

Miyagi Do - Cobra Kai Dojo Kicking Major Ass.
    I would agree. The problem is that simply did not happen.

He completely avoided the ground with Jake at all costs, and the striking was actually pretty damn close which was extremely surprising.

There was not a hint of domination in that fight, and by far and away GSP's most uninspired performance of his career.

9. Kneeuinthenutz

Kneeuinthenutz Steel Belt

Miyagi Do - Cobra Kai Dojo Kicking Major Ass.
    What?

Observation > credentials....

Sure Jake never won the mundials. But he's competed on extremely high level grappling tournaments his entire career, and against the best possible competition.

What should be clear to anyone who's watched both BJ and Jake grapple is that Jake is a fucking animal on the ground regardless if he's won the mundials or not. Not to mention he's larger, and much stronger than BJ, and one could understand how his game can pose much more of a problem for GSP than BJ would.

If GSP went to the ground with Jake? Make no mistake. The fight could have ended up much differently very quickly.

10. WalkenWouldOwn

WalkenWouldOwn Steel Belt

Some revisionist history going on regarding the Shields/GSP fight.

GSP clearly won, but Shields did land more strikes in that fight. GSP's were far more effective but still. Those claiming he "completely dominated" Shields.... no, no he didn't. It was a competitive fight. Maybe that's just because of the eye, but so what? Doesn't change the facts. A clear win for GSP but in no way the savage beat down people try to make it out to be.

11. WalkenWouldOwn

WalkenWouldOwn Steel Belt

You're probably one of the guys who claims Serra only beat him by hitting the back of the head right?

12. prelude2pain

prelude2pain Brown Belt

Watched that fight when it happened and I thought GSP was going to lose after the first round. I didn't really know Penn all that well so I was surprised how good he did on the feet. That probably is the worst hes looked outside of his 2 losses.

13. NYC NHB

NYC NHB Black Belt

Three way tie of:

VS Shields - Jake Shields has never been known for his stand-up ability, however he bashed up Georges St. Pierre's face quite well. GSP, being the Kyokushin Karate black belt, should have swarmed Shields with strikes.

VS Koscheck (part II) - That jab-fest was horrible to watch. Josh Koscheck had one eyeball by the end of the 2nd Round. He should have been finished off and put away decisively. Instead, GSP decided to run out the clock, which has been his modus operandi since he his lights were put out by Matt Serra. Why in the hell did that damn fight go to a decision?!

VS Hardy - Not only is GSP a black belt in Kyokushin Karate, he's a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under RENZO F'N GRACIE!! After his fight with Dan Hardy, he should have returned both of his black belts, due to being absolutely unworthy of them. I had the displeasure of seeing this fight live. I thank Almighty God that I saw Shane Carwin demolish Frank Mir right before that GSP snoozefest.

Whether you'd like to admit it or not, GSP has become the new Sean Sherk. Go grab a beer while he fights. You're not missing anything. By the way, I used to be a GSP fan, until he lost his heart & desire to finish his opponents. I hope to see the old GSP return one of these days.

Oh yeah, WAR DIAZ! :icon_twis

14. QcChopper

QcChopper Epstein didn't kill himself.

In the park, playing touch butt with that dork.
    Good luck with that :icon_chee

15. reapfate

reapfate Yellow Belt

Bj is a much smaller fighter than jake at 170. Bj doesnt get stronger when he goes up in weight.Jake can fight at 185 and is a pretty decent wrestler where bj is not.

16. DrPerry

DrPerry Purple Belt

shields

17. PivotPunch

PivotPunch Red Belt

Pretty much this

18. HandsofGlory

HandsofGlory Purple Belt

Go grab a beer while the Top drawing PPV fighter in MMA history fights? Yeah sure lol

19. MMA04

MMA04 Purple Belt

I had it 3-2

20. Cotillion

Cotillion Black Belt

Troll threads all up in 'ere