GSPs worst winning performance?

Ok it was his first UFC fight but Id say vs Parysian. GSP got caught few times in submissions (arm bar and kimura) and it was really tight.

He got caught in submissions? How is it that he has a win on his record for that fight?

GSP was a shadow of what he is noe in those daysd, and he crushed Karo with elbows and GnP for most of the fight, and defended Karo's subs just fine.

The first fight with BJ Penn was close, but again, GSP took a severe thumb to the eye in the first round. Must have been where Shields got the idea.

I forgot bout kos2, he seemed very content with jabbing his way to the W, he threw a few haymakers, but after blinding him he shouldve finished

Thread title is worst performance and some of you are saying fights he totally dominated.

The one he's not impressed with

But seriously his first ever fight was against Ivan menjivar and was ultra close
But if were talking more recent fights I'd say hardy. I think people overplay the issues in the shields fight

I'd say hardy actually. Shields wasn't really that bad imo. Being able to thoroughly dominate Jake Shields in every aspect is pretty respectable, even if he didn't look totally alpha in doing so..

I would agree. The problem is that simply did not happen.

He completely avoided the ground with Jake at all costs, and the striking was actually pretty damn close which was extremely surprising.

There was not a hint of domination in that fight, and by far and away GSP's most uninspired performance of his career.

well im shocked that he took bj penn (who has won gold at the mundials at black belt) down yet was scared to take jake (who has never taken gold at black belt mundials or adcc) down. seems strange

What?

Observation > credentials....

Sure Jake never won the mundials. But he's competed on extremely high level grappling tournaments his entire career, and against the best possible competition.

What should be clear to anyone who's watched both BJ and Jake grapple is that Jake is a fucking animal on the ground regardless if he's won the mundials or not. Not to mention he's larger, and much stronger than BJ, and one could understand how his game can pose much more of a problem for GSP than BJ would.

If GSP went to the ground with Jake? Make no mistake. The fight could have ended up much differently very quickly.

Some revisionist history going on regarding the Shields/GSP fight.

GSP clearly won, but Shields did land more strikes in that fight. GSP's were far more effective but still. Those claiming he "completely dominated" Shields.... no, no he didn't. It was a competitive fight. Maybe that's just because of the eye, but so what? Doesn't change the facts. A clear win for GSP but in no way the savage beat down people try to make it out to be.

He completely dominated Shields in every round. I'd say it's his first BJ fight.

Watched that fight when it happened and I thought GSP was going to lose after the first round. I didn't really know Penn all that well so I was surprised how good he did on the feet. That probably is the worst hes looked outside of his 2 losses.

Three way tie of:

VS Shields - Jake Shields has never been known for his stand-up ability, however he bashed up Georges St. Pierre's face quite well. GSP, being the Kyokushin Karate black belt, should have swarmed Shields with strikes.

VS Koscheck (part II) - That jab-fest was horrible to watch. Josh Koscheck had one eyeball by the end of the 2nd Round. He should have been finished off and put away decisively. Instead, GSP decided to run out the clock, which has been his modus operandi since he his lights were put out by Matt Serra. Why in the hell did that damn fight go to a decision?!

VS Hardy - Not only is GSP a black belt in Kyokushin Karate, he's a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under RENZO F'N GRACIE!! After his fight with Dan Hardy, he should have returned both of his black belts, due to being absolutely unworthy of them. I had the displeasure of seeing this fight live. I thank Almighty God that I saw Shane Carwin demolish Frank Mir right before that GSP snoozefest.

Whether you'd like to admit it or not, GSP has become the new Sean Sherk. Go grab a beer while he fights. You're not missing anything. By the way, I used to be a GSP fan, until he lost his heart & desire to finish his opponents. I hope to see the old GSP return one of these days.

Oh yeah, WAR DIAZ! :icon_twis

well im shocked that he took bj penn (who has won gold at the mundials at black belt) down yet was scared to take jake (who has never taken gold at black belt mundials or adcc) down. seems strange

Bj is a much smaller fighter than jake at 170. Bj doesnt get stronger when he goes up in weight.Jake can fight at 185 and is a pretty decent wrestler where bj is not.

Three way tie of:

VS Shields - Jake Shields has never been known for his stand-up ability, however he bashed up Georges St. Pierre's face quite well. GSP, being the Kyokushin Karate black belt, should have swarmed Shields with strikes.

VS Koscheck (part II) - That jab-fest was horrible to watch. Josh Koscheck had one eyeball by the end of the 2nd Round. He should have been finished off and put away decisively. Instead, GSP decided to run out the clock, which has been his modus operandi since he his lights were put out by Matt Serra. Why in the hell did that damn fight go to a decision?!

VS Hardy - Not only is GSP a black belt in Kyokushin Karate, he's a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under RENZO F'N GRACIE!! After his fight with Dan Hardy, he should have returned both of his black belts, due to being absolutely unworthy of them. I had the displeasure of seeing this fight live. I thank Almighty God that I saw Shane Carwin demolish Frank Mir right before that GSP snoozefest.

Whether you'd like to admit it or not, GSP has become the new Sean Sherk. Go grab a beer while he fights. You're not missing anything. By the way, I used to be a GSP fan, until he lost his heart & desire to finish his opponents. I hope to see the old GSP return one of these days.

Pretty much this

Three way tie of:

Go grab a beer while the Top drawing PPV fighter in MMA history fights? Yeah sure lol

Some revisionist history going on regarding the Shields/GSP fight.

GSP clearly won, but Shields did land more strikes in that fight. GSP's were far more effective but still. Those claiming he "completely dominated" Shields.... no, no he didn't. It was a competitive fight. Maybe that's just because of the eye, but so what? Doesn't change the facts. A clear win for GSP but in no way the savage beat down people try to make it out to be.

I had it 3-2

Back