GSP's no ko's, lack of power? Or accuracy??

what's more impressive really someone who can lose a fight for 4.5 rounds getting dominated and pull off a win. Someone who fights weak guys that are so scared they fall when you touch them? Or a guy like GSP that dominates ever facet of the fight from start to finish against top top opponents. GSP is the best mma fighter of all time.

GSP is one of the most accurate strikers in the UFC.

A lot of KOs happen when someone over-extends themselves (think Pat Barry vs Kongo), but no one ever over-extends himself against GSP because they usually can't even manage much offense start with.

People like to blame George for being 'defense first' but the fact of the matter is that it is his opponents who are playing defense. Think about it, who has ever come out and attacked GSP for more than 30 seconds at a time?

You don't get your face smashed like that against Shields if you have any striking skills.

your ignorant and a tool.

its all the eye he had to have surgery on from being poked.

If Jake Shields is so easy to take out on the feet, how come Dan Henderson with his Olympic level wrestling, could not simply keep the fight standing and knock Jake the fuck out with his knockout power thats supposed to be among the best in the sports history. Not only could Hendo not knock Jake out, he couldn't beat Jake either in an absolutely humiliating loss.

umm bad example (and i agree with you) because Hendo had a major back problem that he had to have surgery on following that fight.

guarantee that if they fought again it would be a different fight all together.

Out of Nicks 7 UFC wins, 6 are by finish. Have a nice day.

didnt answer my question.

actually , you didnt answer any of my questions

your smarter than your average bear arent you yogi.

He cleaned Hieron's clock pretty good

And he chased him down and finished him when he was hurt, why can't he do that now is the question.

It's either to prolong the fight, for whatever reason, or trying to stay out aof damger by letting his gaurd down and unleaching

Out of Nicks 7 UFC wins, 6 are by finish. Have a nice day.

also he only has 4 ko/tko finishes in the UFC.

not 7, we are only talkin ko's here, not subs.

thanks though for your input, it was greatly laff'd at.

He lacks power. He is in and out and light on his feet to avoid the counter. He doesn't sit down on his punches.
It doesn't lend to his style well to overly commit to strikes.
If he has a flaw its that he lacks the power to really hurt a guy. He would have more finishes if he did. He would get more TKO's and subs as stuff like a RNC often comes after stunning a guy.
Like he said after his last fight "he does the best he can with the tools he has"

also he only has 4 ko/tko finishes in the UFC.

not 7, we are only talkin ko's here, not subs.

thanks though for your input, it was greatly laff'd at.

You asked about him "stopping someone". Nice moving goalposts there buddy.

You seem to be real upset that Nick is a finisher. A real fighter. While GSP wins by hugging.

what's more impressive really someone who can lose a fight for 4.5 rounds getting dominated and pull off a win. Someone who fights weak guys that are so scared they fall when you touch them? Or a guy like GSP that dominates ever facet of the fight from start to finish against top top opponents. GSP is the best mma fighter of all time.

How about they're both great and there is no need to disparage one to raise another. Their merits speak for themselves and we're lucky we get to watch them.

You seem to be real upset that Nick is a finisher. A real fighter. While GSP wins by hugging.
Which fights has he won by hugging someone?

rofl, its like you havent been reading the entire thread.

i guess your right nick is a real finisher a real fighter.

and im sure he will be finished as a real fighter after GSP is done hugging him when they fight.

so as i asked before, but this time different so as you might understand better. When was the last time Nick ko'd someone in the UFC.

EDIT: dont bother since you have a problem understanding question i looked myself, 2006.

It is his weakness. Nothing less and nothing more.

He lacks the killer instinct regarding his hands.

It's psychological.
There are two GSPs: The pre-Serra GSP who finished 10 of his 13 wins, and the post-Serra GSP who finished only 3 of his 10 wins.

The post-Serra GSP has all the tools to finish opponents but he is blocking himself and playing it safe.

You sqewed your numbers. He was 4 finishes vs 3 Decisions in the UFC prior to Serra.
Now let's look at some of those he actually finished. Frank Trigg via RNC. He taps out putting on a Turtle Neck. Matt Hughes & Sean Sherk were good finishes.
Karo he couldn't finish. BJ he couldn't finish Mayhem.
Let's face it. He never has been the greatest finisher and this pre and post Serra thing is full of shit.

Jones and Silva are dominant AND finish. Why can't Georges?

This is a question I've asked as well. I don't think every fight needs to result in a finish, but when all of your fights rely on riding out a decision, that's not really the stuff of a champion to me.

If GSP is as dominant and badass as his fans claim him to be, he should be able to finish people with relative ease. But that's not the case. Most of the time he doesn't even make the effort, or if he does, it's a really poor effort.

I think it's because most of the punches he throws and lands are jabs and straights which are less likely to land hard when thrown from a distance.

GSP doesn't stand in the pocket (IMO because his striking defense isn't very good and he takes a lot of clean shots when he's within range) and throw hooks and uppercuts to go with the straights at a range where he can land them with power.

Back