GSP vs Jones record, why GSP's is better. Comparison!

Beating a bloated LW at WW is better than dominating a former champion and making him tap to strikes??

Jeez louise.

Beating a bloated LW at WW is better than dominating a former champion and making him tap to strikes??

Jeez louise.
You can make the argument that Jones is a shrunken HW fighting at LHW using your type of logic.

all that information means absolutely nothing to me. gsp fought to win on points. jones fights to finish. and jones still wins. imagine if everyone fought to win on points. it's way easier to fight that way, than it is to fight to finish.

the point-nerds love that kind of crap. i don't.

Shogun Rua easily

Hughes is like another Tito Ortiz….was dominant in a different era of the sport, both Hughes and Tito and the competition they beat wouldnt cut it in todays MMA

Whereas Shogun was never dominant. I know which I'd rather be.

Jones has 1 more win over defeating former UFC champions

GSP: Penn, Hughes, Serra
Jones: Jackson, Machida, Evans, Belfort

Also Jones finished 3 of the former champs as GSP hasn't finished anyone since getting the belt.
Defeating former champs doesn't mean anything when the LHW title exchanged hands a lot while WW pretty much hand long reigning champions.

I look at it like how many of GSP's opponents were on the wrong side of 30 and on their way out and many of Jones opponents were the same?

In MMA there is no real disputing that as a whole GSP faced better competition. He probably has faced the best competition out of any fighter in MMA history. Not a single can on his entire resume. They were all fighters with winning records. Very impressive.

He also defeated 2 of the greatest P4P fighters who were in their primes, Hughes and Penn.

what about the GSP vs Jones at 200 lbs to figure out who is better
than this pound for pound crap again

I give GSP the edge since his legacy features less fading legends than Jones'.

That said, they are all pretty close (Silva, Fedor, GSP, Jones). I have a hard time putting one above the other.

what about the GSP vs Jones at 200 lbs to figure out who is better
than this pound for pound crap again

I'm sure Jones would be down for that. He enjoys fighting guys who are dwarfs compared to him.

I think Aldo should be in the discussion for GOAT as well. I think a lot of people overlook him because of the weight class he fights at (myself included). But he in the discussion with Fedor, Jones, GSP, Silva.

I dont see the comparison... I think that Jones wlll encounter the same problem that GSP face offed since... Dan HArdy? He has nothing to win, all to lose , while it is the opposite for each opponent. So stress, anxiety etc... will make Jones a more conservative fighter much less instinctive and thus without KO victories.

I think Aldo should be in the discussion for GOAT as well. I think a lot of people overlook him because of the weight class he fights at (myself included). But he in the discussion with Fedor, Jones, GSP, Silva.

Agree, similar number of title defenses, similar age, similar dominance of their weight class, similar division status ( one fight from cleaned out), both defeated championship contenders from a weight class above that dropped down. ( In Aldo's case, that fighter was an actual champion at the weight class above). Jose Aldo is definitely in the discussion.

Back